Romeo Langford

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just found this from NCAA rules on coaches initiating contact during a players Senior Year. Might explain why Archie wasn't there (so he sent players instead) because he's either used a good chunk of visits up or wants to save 1-2 for down the road? 

• Senior year: College coaches can contact recruits and/or their parents off the college’s campus up to seven times.

Makes sense why he didn't go with this rule. He may as well wait until closer to the spring, when Romeo plans to announce.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KDB said:

Makes sense why he didn't go with this rule. He may as well wait until closer to the spring, when Romeo plans to announce.

I was thinking there had to be a reason Archie wasn't there. This pretty much explains it unless someone can come along and tell me otherwise. Of course the other theory is we are out of it so who knows? Haha..

29 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I don’t view his statement as negative at all. I’m a huge IU fan and I’ve missed 2 games...and I watched the ISU game. He watched Kansas/UK. What basketball player didn’t watch that game?!?

Plus the fact that if one is not a subscriber to BTN2Go, it would have been easy to miss several of our early games.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:06 PM, ADegenerate said:

(Cross posting this from another thread)

Want to know why we're 304-208 (59%) over the last 16 years? We can't land big players. IU isn't a draw for top players. I don't see it changing anytime soon either. GL to all you guys who have the nerve to follow this recruiting stuff from here on out. Burned myself for 10 years and did it again by following the Garland thread. I highly doubt we land Romeo and I'm bowing out of following that one. Top kids want to play with top players. I did warn you all when the hype train was going crazy. IU fans live in a bubble of unrealistic expectations. Sorry fellas but it's the truth.  

(Just don't want people to get there hopes up here with this one.) 

2003 - 79th Ewing 

2004 - 15th White, 76th Ratliff, 99th Rothbart

2005 - 93rd Allen

2006 - None

2007 - 2nd Gordon, 78th Holman, 95th McGee, 

2008 - None

2009 - 35th Watford

2010 - None

2011 - 10th Zeller

2012  -21st, Yogi,  36th, Hollowell, 53rd Perea  

2013 - 11th Vonleh,  53rd Williams , 64th Robinson , 95th Fischer

2014 - 19th Blackmon, 49th Johnson

2015 - 20th Bryant

2016 - 40th, Davis, 85th Jones

2017 - 77th Smith 

2018 - 63rd Hunter, 95th Anderson 

Yet Vanderbilt with a lesser track record landed 2 top players and is going to get Romeo over IU?

On 11/13/2017 at 10:21 PM, Indykev said:

Ha I just told this to a buddy of mine. If a Basketball school came calling DG might not even play for Drew. That would be funny.

My thoughts exactly. If IU came calling Drew instead of Archie last year, then Drew would be here instead. I'm glad we have Archie even if we missed out on DG. It will suck if we miss out on RL, but one player is never going to make or break IU basketball. We just had a coaching change so it's going to take time to see the changes on the court and on the recruiting trail.

18 minutes ago, cybergates said:

My thoughts exactly. If IU came calling Drew instead of Archie last year, then Drew would be here instead. I'm glad we have Archie even if we missed out on DG. It will suck if we miss out on RL, but one player is never going to make or break IU basketball. We just had a coaching change so it's going to take time to see the changes on the court and on the recruiting trail.

If the basketball season ends anything like the football season this could actually happen. 

Tennessee, Texas A&M, Florida, UCLA, Arizona St, and Nebraska all opened before conference championship games have been played. That timing has to look nice to a coach looking to make a jump. 

I think the UL job is already available since I doubt they hire Padgett. 

11 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

If the basketball season ends anything like the football season this could actually happen. 

Tennessee, Texas A&M, Florida, UCLA, Arizona St, and Nebraska all opened before conference championship games have been played. That timing has to look nice to a coach looking to make a jump. 

I think the UL job is already available since I doubt they hire Padgett. 

Maybe Purdue will wise up and can Painter and go after him. I sure hope not.

Romeo can go wherever he wants.  Do I want him in Bloomington?  Yes.  But I won't lose any sleep over it if he doesn't come.  Been an IU fan all my life and to be honest there have been a lot of "Romeos" we have missed out on.  Kyle Macy, Scott Skiles, Rick Fox, and Eric Montross come to mind.  Just relax.......it is what it is.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Romeo can go wherever he wants.  Do I want him in Bloomington?  Yes.  But I won't lose any sleep over it if he doesn't come.  Been an IU fan all my life and to be honest there have been a lot of "Romeos" we have missed out on.  Kyle Macy, Scott Skiles, Rick Fox, and Eric Montross come to mind.  Just relax.......it is what it is.

You said it perfectly.  

4 hours ago, rico said:

I hear what you’re saying, and I agree that no one recruit is the end all/be all of the program. I also think IU is in great hands with Archie regardless of what Langford does. 

But with all that said, the point is imagine if IU had landed those guys? How many titles or minimum Final Fours if IU had landed those guys? No the program isn’t going to disappear if we don’t get the top guys, but how far does it go if we do land Langford, Brooks, TJD, etc?

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I hear what you’re saying, and I agree that no one recruit is the end all/be all of the program. I also think IU is in great hands with Archie regardless of what Langford does. 

But with all that said, the point is imagine if IU had landed those guys? How many titles or minimum Final Fours if IU had landed those guys? No the program isn’t going to disappear if we don’t get the top guys, but how far does it go if we do land Langford, Brooks, TJD, etc?

And how bad would the last 5 or 6 years have been without Zeller?

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And how bad would the last 5 or 6 years have been without Zeller?

Exactly, or without Yogi. How much better would this years team be with Kyle Guy and Jaren Jackson and/Kris Wilkes. 

IU isn’t going to land everybody, no program does, but we need to get back to certainly landing more and especially the top ones. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Exactly, or without Yogi. How much better would this years team be with Kyle Guy and Jaren Jackson and/Kris Wilkes. 

IU isn’t going to land everybody, no program does, but we need to get back to certainly landing more and especially the top ones. 

And we likely don’t get Yogi without Zeller.  That’s the thing, landing Romeo will mean a lot more to the program than getting just one recruit.  

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

The very same thought rambled through my mind, when I read that post.  Would IU's uni's have more than 5 stars ?  I think so. 

8 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I second this question. I did some research but couldn't find anything. Even a hint would be appreciated. 

This has been asked multiple times. I don't think we're going to get an answer. 

The closest thing I can figure is that he mentioned they haven't watched IU play. 

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Story regarding Romeo's decision to stay at New Albany and not go to a Prep School.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2017/11/27/romeo-langford-never-considered-leaving-new-albany/898417001/

Also, in the last paragraph, when asked about his three finalists..."They're all even".   

It's a good read. I'm pretty impressed by this young man if he really said what was on his mind. I like his demeanor and approach. He seems to be someone with great inner strength who doesn't easily swayed by noises. Now I really want him at IU. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So.....  Romeo hasn't watched any IU games yet. If he doesn't watch arguably the biggest game of the year for the Hoosiers tomorrow night, against the #1 Duke Blue Devils, on national TV, something is wrong!!!

What if he has a Chemistry test on Thursday?

Archived