Romeo Langford

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, ChiHoosier said:

Romeo is a 1st round pick and you are clueless to think he hasn't proven it.

Maybe I should have clarified, I don’t think Romeo as a Frosh proved he is a first rd pick.  I just don’t think he was that big of a difference maker for this IU team in his Frosh season.  Maybe it was the HYPE but when I think of a top 15 pick I didn’t see that in Romeo.  Maybe It was the fact IU didn’t make the tourney and felt we should have with a top 15 pick?  I will tell you this, he does not have a shot worthy of a 1st rd pick so to call me clueless I question your basketball IQ?

1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

Maybe I should have clarified, I don’t think Romeo as a Frosh proved he is a first rd pick.  I just don’t think he was that big of a difference maker for this IU team in his Frosh season.  Maybe it was the HYPE but when I think of a top 15 pick I didn’t see that in Romeo.  Maybe It was the fact IU didn’t make the tourney and felt we should have with a top 15 pick?  I will tell you this, he does not have a shot worthy of a 1st rd pick so to call me clueless I question your basketball IQ?

Being the leading B10 freshman in scoring and 3rd in the country among freshmen scorers isn't even worth a shot at being a 1st round pick in your opinion?

10 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Being the leading B10 freshman in scoring and 3rd in the country among freshmen scorers isn't even worth a shot at being a 1st round pick in your opinion?

Not at the next level with current shot.  This is just my opinion which doesn’t mean squat.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You realize Romeo dealt with a significant wrist injury for most of the season, right?

You mean that same wrist injury that was never disclosed or gone public?  Why not come out and say it when it happened vs hiding it and looking like an excuse for the poor shooting later on?  What about that back injury during the NIT Tourney?  Some say If it was the Tourney of 64 he would’ve played?  His play last season is far from spectacular and now we’re saying because he was hurt.  Doesn’t matter because he is gone so my thoughts are irrelevant. 

4 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

So nowadays a top 15 pick needs a coach to fix their flaws?  No wonder I don’t watch that crap league.  

Now you're getting it. The NBA shifted from seeking finished products to drafting on potential in the mid/late 90s. Nothing wrong with that philosophy. MLB has done that all along.

3 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

You mean that same wrist injury that was never disclosed or gone public?  Why not come out and say it when it happened vs hiding it and looking like an excuse for the poor shooting later on?  What about that back injury during the NIT Tourney?  Some say If it was the Tourney of 64 he would’ve played?  His play last season is far from spectacular and now we’re saying because he was hurt.  Doesn’t matter because he is gone so my thoughts are irrelevant. 

Ultimately, because it's none of our damn business. Colleges aren't bound by any disclosure rules to reveal the nature or extent of injuries. They often do as a courtesy, simply because of the nature of major college sports, but they have no obligation to release information about athletes or any other student.

5 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

You'll be back here posting in this thread next June when Romeo makes the all-NBA Rookie team.  Right?

7 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

So nowadays a top 15 pick needs a coach to fix their flaws?  No wonder I don’t watch that crap league.  

So you admit you don't watch the NBA, but you have opinions on what a top 15 pick looks like?  Makes total sense.  YCMTSU.

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

What was your stance on Noah Vonleh?

10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Ben Simmons was the first overall pick and he did not lead LSU to the tournament.

You do realize tat he had a tor ligament in his thumb for most of the year

Romeo will be an impactful player.  His injury keeps him from being a top 10 draftee here in a few weeks IMO.  However he will be a very good NBA player.  My guess is he goes between 12-16 come draft night and whoever gets him, will get great value for his pick.  With playing hurt most of his freshmen year he was limited some, when he isn't hurt watch out.  I for one hope he slides to the Pacers at 18(one can dream right?).  He could play SG or SF in the NBA at  6 feet 6 inches. 

Do I think he starts from day 1for whichever team drafts him, no I do not.  However I think he eventually becomes a starter sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

So, you're saying that the coaching staff should have alerted all potential opponents that one of the key players on the team had an injury?  Why not just let opposing teams know that if, early in each game, they take a swipe or two at his wrist and make him even less effective, they've essentially taken him out of the game? Worth putting a guy out there just to get a foul or two...don't you think?

Thumb aside, his ability to get to the rim (which is outstanding) and his ability to finish at the rim (which is the best I've seen in quite a while) are huge assets in today's NBA. Not to mention his length, athleticism and drama free personality. His shooting can be developed - that's not scaring anybody. I'm not sure Romeo will be an all-star, but I can eventually see him as a solid starter on a majority of teams - easily a first-rounder. JMO. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Langford was not on the Celtics injury report yesterday. Hopefully he’s active tonight for the first time. Game is on ESPN. 

Yeah, but with Game 7 of a fantastic World Series being played, Romeo better see his floor time between innings or I won't see him.

Archived