Romeo Langford

4 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Doesn't make sense.  We had no chance with Langford when CTC was here.  Now we're in final three due solely to CAM.  Actions always speak louder than words in my opinion.

Some players and coaches just don't mesh - could be personality, style of play, ability to prepare for the NBA, etc. We had no chance at Eric Gordon with Mike Davis as coach.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Agreed.  And wasn't our team at Romeos game last Saturday?  I'm sure that wasn't an accident. 

Forget the exact numbers,  six or eight players were at the game. And in an interview Romeo was asked about that.  Being the kid he is.... he simply acknowledged that he liked it.   None of the coaching staff was there for the game. And maybe that's why some think IU is not continuing to contact the Langford's, which I have said is unfounded.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is a huge difference between being Mr Basketball and catching an Indiana legend like Damon.  When the best players in state committ to IU our fans follow and get out to see them in high school.  I once drove 3 hours to see Luke Recker play after he committed and there were a ton of people wearing IU gear.

In Southern Indiana the people will follow him and his career no matter where he goes but if he goes to IU rest of the state will follow.

Langford is likely not going to catch Bailey so it is a rather moot point. There's also a big difference between going out to support him, which I agree would happen to some extent, and going out of the way to harass him which is highly unlikely. 

12 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

Langford is likely not going to catch Bailey so it is a rather moot point. There's also a big difference between going out to support him, which I agree would happen to some extent, and going out of the way to harass him which is highly unlikely. 

I dont think any fans would go out of their way to do so either but there are rare instances.  My point is that many IU fans would really go out of their way to show him how much they care.  Damon was a legend and during his playing days in high school you had to stand in line forever just to get tickets and many were IU fans not BNL fans.  Romeo would garner that same attention because we love good basketball and when you decide to choose IU as your place to play college ball our fans will follow .

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have always felt that early committ meant IU late somewhere else.   I hope i am wrong but as long as IU is in the picture every high school game will be sold out.  He has an opportunity to reach legendary status but in my opinion if he goes out of state he will be forgotten.   What was thst guy from fort wayne that was chasing Damons record.  He went to OSU  umm oh yeah Desean Thomas.  If Romeo wants to be a ole what was his name then go out of state. Want to be remembered forever there is only 1 choice.

To me, there is only one reason for Romeo to wait.  He already knows Garland and Shittu will be at Vandy. If that was the most important thing to him, he would've already committed.  Bill Self has been at Kansas for years, we all know what to expect from that  program.  I don't think in waiting, he will learn anything more about Vandy or Kansas.  By waiting, he will have a much better chance to see how Archie Miller is going to do things in Bloomington.  I agree with what Fouls said weeks ago, how this season unfolds for IU, is going to play a part in his decision.

9 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

To me, there is only one reason for Romeo to wait.  He already knows Garland and Shittu will be at Vandy. If that was the most important thing to him, he would've already committed.  Bill Self has been at Kansas for years, we all know what to expect from that  program.  I don't think in waiting, he will learn anything more about Vandy or Kansas.  By waiting, he will have a much better chance to see how Archie Miller is going to do things in Bloomington.  I agree with what Fouls said weeks ago, how this season unfolds for IU, is going to play a part in his decision.

Make sense to me. IU is the only 'unknown' to Romeo. Hoping for the best!

15 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I hope so and if last nights effort and growth continues then we will be in good shape.

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

Agree with this. I don't believe all the conspiracy theories that Romeo is just keeping IU in his final 3 to make his senior season easier. He is not that type of kid. I fully expect him to take in this season and see what IU/CAM have to offer before he makes his decision. Hopefully IU fans respect his decision to wait.

Romeo is a quality young man, and I will cheer for him no matter where he attends school.

For those of you that continue to question his motives, essentially questioning his integrity as well, I hope you aren't so hypocritical that you actually cheer for him if he does choose IU.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's waiting because he doesn't want to be booed by all the IU fans at his remaining games.

Riiiight.  Lord knows the New Albany fans are set to turn on him if he chooses anywhere other than IU, and all of the fans at other schools will suddenly cheer for him if he chooses IU.  Besides, look what happens to every Indiana Mr. Basketball that doesn't pick the Hoosiers....their High School days end in misery and shame,:panic:

11 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I was right all along. 

If I'm gonna take some heat I'm going to come back to gloat. 

It's only fair. 

What were you right on since he has not committed anywhere.  Also if you are really an IU fan why would you gloat if a top player picks another team.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What were you right on since he has not committed anywhere.  Also if you are really an IU fan why would you gloat if a top player picks another team.

I'm tired of iu fans getting excited and getting burned like I have for 25 years. More pressure needs to be put on the program. No more blind woo-hoo bull  

Archived