Romeo Langford

5 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I'm tired of iu fans getting excited and getting burned like I have for 25 years. More pressure needs to be put on the program. No more blind woo-hoo bull shit. 

Well I have been a fan for a lot longer than that and won't let missing one recruit to ruin my day or my love for IU basketball.  Also maybe if it bothers you so much maybe it is time for you to take a break.  I remember you having a nervous breakdown last month with all the recruiting ups and downs.  If you worry so much on where some 18 year old kids are going to school then you might have a problem.  I remember RMK even missing on a lot of big recruits so it happens all the time.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

We need to demand top 10 results. 

I won't stand for terrible results and neither should anyone else. 

Tell us what we should do to get those top 10 results. We made a coaching change that everyone wanted.  We have made great improvements on the facilities and have put a lot of money into the program.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tell us what we should do to get those top 10 results. We made a coaching change that everyone wanted.  We have made great improvements on the facilities and have put a lot of money into the program.

Just demand results. That's all we need to do. We're either a big program or we're not. The pressure should be applied. 

6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Just demand results. That's all we need to do. We're either a big program or we're not. The pressure should be applied. 

Again we have all done that but there is nothing we can do to change anything.  We just changed coaches that everyone wanted to happen. To me there is nothing else that can be done and we can't make kids come to IU unless you want our boosters to cheat to get them.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Again we have all done that but there is nothing we can do to change anything.  We just changed coaches that everyone wanted to happen. To me there is nothing else that can be done and we can't make kids come to IU unless you want our boosters to cheat to get them.

That's not true at all Scott. You can demand more than 21 points in a half. You can say that NIT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. The PRESSURE needs to be on the program at all times. 

Just now, ADegenerate said:

That's not true at all Scott. You can demand more than 21 points in a half. You can say that NIT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. The PRESSURE needs to be on the program at all times. 

How can a fan demand that a team do that. Easy to say it but you have no idea what you are talking about. You can say it all day long but it does not mean it won't happen.  Again it might be time for you to find another hobby since this one is making you a little off.

Romeo would be a fantastic addition and I really hope he becomes a Hoosier.  He will also likely only be a 1-year rental, and thus be a (huge) band-aid in our rebuilding of the program.  IMO, the most important thing we need is to get the physical attributes and talents that Archie needs to implement his vision of play.  That and players that have the mental toughness and desire to make IU a force (not just guys that want to be on a winning team and audition for NBA scouts).  One and done players are a two-edged sword - they can provide an immediate impact to the team, but also leave a gaping hole when they skip off to play professionally, meaning either you have to bring a new freshman in to play that position or rely on an existing player that may not have gotten as much experience playing behind the newly departed star. 

Archie Miller knows how this works way better than we do and I trust he has a plan on how to manage and develop his roster.

15 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

We need to demand top 10 results. 

I won't stand for terrible results and neither should anyone else. 

Does your boss demand that you are consistently in the top 2.9% of your peers during your first year on the job?  Does your boss put unrelenting pressure on you and/or threaten to fire you when you fall short?  Are you willing to personally hold yourself to the same standards you seek to hold IU to?  Will you voluntarily step down when you fall short?

Patience...Rome was not built in a day. "Demanding" results will only leave you frustrated. You have no ownership or management stake to leverage if your demands are not met.

Now, back to the Romeo discussion, please!

16 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I was right all along. 

If I'm gonna take some heat I'm going to come back to gloat. 

It's only fair. 

Are you right because Vandy was at the game and to you, that means he's Vandy bound? Or are you right because you know he's not coming to IU?

Archived