Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Someone look at Vandy's schedule (they are 3-6) and tell me how they are ranked ahead of IU in KenPom.  They have played 2 ranked teams, one of them being Seton Hall.  We played Duke to their USC.  The only true road game they have played is Belmont .

Stretch to call that a true road game, even if it was in Belmont's gym.  When you sleep in your own bed the night before the game it isn't a true road game. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Someone look at Vandy's schedule (they are 3-6) and tell me how they are ranked ahead of IU in KenPom.  They have played 2 ranked teams, one of them being Seton Hall.  We played Duke to their USC.  The only true road game they have played is Belmont .

We got trounced by ISU and squeaked by Howard. That’s going to dent our KenPom rating all year. 

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Considering ISU also lost last night.....

The longer this goes, the more I'm not feeling confident about Romeo

It's going to go on until Spring.  That's always been the plan, it dragging on is not an indication of where he is going. 

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

MTSU is ranked 77 on KenPom. Vandy lost to Belmont by 9. We lost to ISU by 21. Vandy's other losses have been to USC, Virginia, Seton Hall and Kansas State. There is a reason they are rated higher than us.

My bad, I was skimming and didn't realize you guys were specifically discussing KenPom. I thought your were discussing how IU has less of a chance with Langford because we lost to ISU. I guess it helps to actually read everything before commenting :D.

11 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Fair enough. But this recruitment seems to have been held pretty close to the vest. I wonder if Meyer was right on Cody.

Meyer doesn't get it right on anyone. What I can't figure out is how he always manages to get tipped off right before the announcement. He's the biggest fraud in the scouting game but when you know an announcement is coming and you see him scramble to change his pick you can almost always rest assured he just switched it to the correct team. There's literally no point in paying attention to his pick on Romeo at this stage in the recruitment.

4 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Meyer doesn't get it right on anyone. What I can't figure out is how he always manages to get tipped off right before the announcement. He's the biggest fraud in the scouting game but when you know an announcement is coming and you see him scramble to change his pick you can almost always rest assured he just switched it to the correct team. There's literally no point in paying attention to his pick on Romeo at this stage in the recruitment.

I agree. I would venture to say that none of those guys are worth paying attention to at this point. I would bet there are people in this forum much more plugged in to Romeo and his career/decision than any of those recruiting guys. 

1 hour ago, HoosierLT said:

Archie and staff have to be at this game tonight at Floyd Central, right? Show up in full effect like Vandy staff did last game? 

I guess that would depend on whether the team is staying the night in Louisville or driving down tomorrow morning

51 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Roger that.  Tom Ostrom there with Archie, as well. 

Let's put to rest the notion that IU is not pursing Romeo.  As I reported over one week ago, IU is on a scheduled contact with the Langford's. 

It's great to hear IU's still in the pursuit and going strong. With the development of the recent abuse case that may involve Garland, things look better for us. Only thing we need is a steady improvement to give Langfords the impression that CAM's building a winning program.

So far it's better th

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

It's great to hear IU's still in the pursuit and going strong. With the development of the recent abuse case that may involve Garland, things look better for us. Only thing we need is a steady improvement to give Langfords the impression that CAM's building a winning program.

So far it's better than what Vandy is doing this year.......

Archived