Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I see he used the word wanted like in past sense.  I hope that does not mean that was a slip up on what he is thinking.

What else would he have said? You're over-analyzing what he said. 

18 year olds don't think about the correct terms in their sentences.

3 minutes ago, KDB said:

What else would he have said? You're over-analyzing what he said. 

18 year olds don't think about the correct terms in their sentences.

Mainly I was joking because of how people overact to anything a recruit says.  He could have said that appears that the fans want me at IU.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Mainly I was joking because of how people overact to anything a recruit says.  He could have said that appears that the fans want me at IU.

Yeah, some people have their brain twist words into something it isn't when it comes to recruiting. 

Also, that is true, but I doubt he really thought about how he said it.

25 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

5a2d6ac871080_ScreenShot2017-12-10at12_11_19PM.png.3cafcb19e83d91c224ca57a75b2a65b1.png

Does anyone know how many games New Albany has left this year? Looks like Romeo needs about 900 more points this season as of 9 Dec 17. That means he's going to need to play 20+ games to have a shot at the record given his current average of around 45 pts/game. 

New Albany has 17 regular season games left and a maximum of 7 tournament games if they play in the state championship.  The number of tournament games could only be 6 depending on how the sectional draw goes.

1 hour ago, hoopsta007 said:

Based on that article it seems like Kansas trumps Vandy in the only recruiting pitch they have going. If it’s winning and friends it’s KU. If it is becoming a hometown legend and playing in front of friends and family it is IU

Oh I expect he'll win plenty at IU too. Kansas may be under sanctions by the time he's ready to sign.:snack:

Eric Bossi says this in new piece on Rivals regarding Romeo.

"It seems the Commodores and Kansas are starting to open up some distance between themselves and Langford's other finalist, Indiana. There's always time for things to change and even though Langford says he doesn't feel pressure to stay home, he has to be feeling it some. But, it looks like Archie Miller may have landed the IU job a little too late to keep Langford home."

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

"It seems the Commodores and Kansas are starting to open up some distance between themselves and Langford's other finalist, Indiana. There's always time for things to change and even though Langford says he doesn't feel pressure to stay home, he has to be feeling it some. But, it looks like Archie Miller may have landed the IU job a little too late to keep Langford home."

This sickens me. 

Just now, KDB said:

Same here.

I just don’t get it. Indiana fans throughout the state worshiping the ground you walk on. Following him all over the state. We have a really good number of former IU players in the NBA and having success. It’s not like we are trying to get him to come to UE or ISU. And we are supposedly getting beat out by a program that has less of a following than New Albany HS has. 

18 minutes ago, KDB said:

Why should we believe Bossi has good sources on this recruitment?  It's been extremely close to the vest and our local guys are struggling to get information, but a national guy can?  Not buying it. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why should we believe Bossi has good sources on this recruitment?  It's been extremely close to the vest and our local guys are struggling to get information, but a national guy can?  Not buying it. 

I'm with you on this. I'm not buying it.

Archived