Romeo Langford

after the whole Garland issue and being suspended this past weekend for a locker room incident, I felt a lot better at our chances for getting Romeo.  After the article, I feel like we are in second(behind Kansas).  I think Archie needs to continue to improve the current team in all areas and make them statistically look better come spring time when Romeo decides to commit to help his decision in choosing IU.  Romeo hides is feelings really well, but just my two cents.  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is really the case (and who knows if it is), then it would seem pretty clear that Langford put us in his final 3 only to keep the hype going for his senior year.  There would be no reason for him to drop IU behind Kansas and Vanderbilt now if he were seriously considering going to IU before the season started.  

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

If Bossi said IU was the leader, everyone would be celebrating. No matter what, this isn't good news.

Rather or not that is true is irrelevant to the point that Bossi is likely just speculating and knows nothing.  I agree it isn't good news, I just don't agree it is bad news.  

5 hours ago, KDB said:

Eric Bossi says this in new piece on Rivals regarding Romeo.

"It seems the Commodores and Kansas are starting to open up some distance between themselves and Langford's other finalist, Indiana. There's always time for things to change and even though Langford says he doesn't feel pressure to stay home, he has to be feeling it some. But, it looks like Archie Miller may have landed the IU job a little too late to keep Langford home."

Hard to enjoy reading that even though I appreciate you bringing the information here.  It's a long way until spring and I expect this recruiting battle will likely take a few turns between now and then. I think Archie can land him, but I expect a dogfight.

Word is, Purdue is out.:coffee:

By all accounts, Romeo seems to be a young man of character that we as IUBB fans would all love to have come to IU.  I just can't get on the emotional roller coaster of where he will ultimately commit. I believe NO ONE knows other than Romeo.   If he chooses IU, I will be elated!  If he chooses elsewhere, I will wish him well.  However, I will only be cheering for the young men committed to wearing the cream and crimson!  Go IU! 

That second article literally makes zero sense. He's basically saying why challenge yourself with Indiana, just go to Vanderbilt where it will be no big deal if you can't deliver. Yeah, because that's how athletes at the level of Langford think. And, the idea that Langford can't be a star, when IU is sorely missing the exact thing the writer says Langford brings, is ridiculous. A star is exactly what this program needs. 

Also, IU fans love Zeller, VO, Gordon, Chaeney, Damon Bailey, etc. None of those guys won titles at Indiana, the first two never got past the Sweet Sixteen, and Gordon's one year was a disaster (though no fault of his own). 

3 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Ignorance is strong in that 2nd article 

Is this some kind of reverse psychology to challenge Romeo to get him to Indiana or the writer is just out of his mind? 

I stopped reading after this.

"Indiana fans still strap on their candy stripe pants and crimson polos to cheer on the Hoosiers. But here is the catch: they rarely like the Hoosiers."

23 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Is this some kind of reverse psychology to challenge Romeo to get him to Indiana or the writer is just out of his mind? 

I stopped reading after this.

"Indiana fans still strap on their candy stripe pants and crimson polos to cheer on the Hoosiers. But here is the catch: they rarely like the Hoosiers."

I didn't read the article but that quote right there is pretty doggone accurate. Last team the Hoosier Nation loved was with Vic hulls Watford Zeller.  Hoosier Nation didn't get behind Yogi until his senior year when he pulled the team around and last year we were frustrated with blackmon and Bryant the whole entire time to go along with Crean.  

33 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't read the article but that quote right there is pretty doggone accurate. Last team the Hoosier Nation loved was with Vic hulls Watford Zeller.  Hoosier Nation didn't get behind Yogi until his senior year when he pulled the team around and last year we were frustrated with blackmon and Bryant the whole entire time to go along with Crean.  

I think fans don't hate the players themselves. Fans hate their bone-headed plays. We all saw Crean's later tenure at IU getting real ugly. I thought lack of improvements and discipline drove a lot of fans crazy. I"m not trying to defend IU fans as some fans are really crazy, but what I can say is that I haven't seen any other fanbase that love and appreicate their former players more than IU fans do. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Was the last time we loved the team the Vic/Cody year or Yogi's senior year?  You said both.

Is your point that IU has not loved two teams that missed the tournament and a team that was a double-digit seed?  Gee, how spoiled of us.  We loved and supported three teams that combined to win 28 games, but let's ignore that because it doesn't fit your spoiled fan agenda.  

17 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

I think fans don't hate the players themselves. Fans hate their bone-headed plays. We all saw Crean's later tenure at IU getting real ugly. I thought lack of improvements and discipline drove a lot of fans crazy. I"m not trying to defend IU fans as some fans are really crazy, but what I can say is that I haven't seen any other fanbase that love and appreicate their former players more than IU fans do. 

DISLIKE

Archived