Romeo Langford

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Langford was not on the Celtics injury report yesterday. Hopefully he’s active tonight for the first time. Game is on ESPN. 

Thank you sir. I am not one to watch the NBA on a regular basis, as I am sure you are aware.  Unless it is the Nuggets. Which are currently banned on Denver TV due to a contract dispute.  And since Jeopardy will not be broadcast tonight for me, due to the World Series.  I just might tune into the Celtics game tonight on ESPN.  Appreciate the head's up.  Celtics rule !

And a special shout out to Indy Time for the prank on Romeo.  Loved the video. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you sir. I am not one to watch the NBA on a regular basis, as I am sure you are aware.  Unless it is the Nuggets. Which are currently banned on Denver TV due to a contract dispute.  And since Jeopardy will not be broadcast tonight for me, due to the World Series.  I just might tune into the Celtics game tonight on ESPN.  Appreciate the head's up.  Celtics rule !

Best Basketball Prank

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You're welcome. First year in a long time I haven't been able to get into the MLB playoffs. I'll watch the C's and then flip to baseball during commercial breaks. Not expecting a ton of minutes for Langford tonight, but you never know. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

You're welcome. First year in a long time I haven't been able to get into the MLB playoffs. I'll watch the C's and then flip to baseball during commercial breaks. Not expecting a ton of minutes for Langford tonight, but you never know. 

My family and I were pulling for the 'Stro's'.  Not because we are fans. But rather, since we gather for dinner around Jeopardy. And our local Fox station carries Jeopardy, as well as the World Series.  Jeopardy is not being broadcast, due to the World Serious. 

Regardless.  Wishing the best for Romeo. 

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Love the Celtics but man their offense is lacking at the moment. I feel like I’ve seen this before

The offense has been really frustrating the first several games, but man they exploded in the second half. Hopefully we get more of that as they get comfortable. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

True and I was pretty much joking but if it were me and I know I am in the minority but I rather be playing big minutes in college over the G- league.

I can understand that. Honestly though he got drafted into a bad spot for him personally with the wing players the Celtics have that are already established. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

True but he's still getting a nice paycheck either way. 

I actually agree with both you and Scott.  Can't blame him for taking the money but I bet Bloomington and the amenities afforded the basketball team are better than whatever he is going to have playing in podunk Maine.

As much as I carped about Romeo being a OAD. I have got to say. After being told.  He is going through a tough time, injury wise.  Not his thumb. Shins, knees and ankles.  Reason for being sent down.  Not the end of the world by any means.  Take Eric Gordon as an example. Who, while in the NBA was put on severe restriction with knee problems. 

Would have loved to have had Romeo for at least another year.  But that is water under the bridge.  I have no doubt we will be seeing Romeo on the big stage again.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

As much as I carped about Romeo being a OAD. I have got to say. After being told.  He is going through a tough time, injury wise.  Not his thumb. Shins, knees and ankles.  Reason for being sent down.  Not the end of the world by any means.  Take Eric Gordon as an example. Who, while in the NBA was put on severe restriction with knee problems. 

Would have loved to have had Romeo for at least another year.  But that is water under the bridge.  I have no doubt we will be seeing Romeo on the big stage again.

Would have been interesting if he stayed another year and developed a 3pt shot......

I feel for Romeo because you already have those people labeling him as a bust for this and saying he should of stayed in school. I am rooting for him and I knew that when Boston drafted carsen there would be those loud purdue fans that are laughing at this but he obviously has had injuries and the wing depth with the celtics is tough.

32 minutes ago, Zewak45 said:

I feel for Romeo because you already have those people labeling him as a bust for this and saying he should of stayed in school. I am rooting for him and I knew that when Boston drafted carsen there would be those loud purdue fans that are laughing at this but he obviously has had injuries and the wing depth with the celtics is tough.

I am with you. Though I would have loved to have him for more than one year.  Romeo is anything but a bust.  Just going through a rough time with injuries.  He'll be back.

AND.  Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

Archived