Romeo Langford

30 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't think the fact that Self couldn't attend the meeting would make any difference. The Langford's seem savvy enough to understand that he runs one of the top basketball programs in the country and could get pulled away for several different reasons. 

Where it could make a difference is the reason why Self couldn't attend. With the FBI scandal and everything, it seems like the Langford's are trying avoid schools with the perception of impropriety. So maybe the fact that Self couldn't come because he had to attend to a matter where a player was caught driving a Lamborghini (a car he said he his own car) is something that could turn them off.  

Well then you can rule out both Vandy and Kansas, so........   It's IU

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don't see how this would make a difference either way.

You wouldn't.  Self, the head coach, did not show for a scheduled meeting with the Langford family.  He did not show.  To me, as a player, that would make a difference in how Self feels about this recruiting importance.  

On 1/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, ColtsIUDomer said:

Louisville fans i work with are convinced that UL has worked their way back in the Romeo mix. I can't imagine. Their sources are other delusional UL fans.

Do they have any rationale for this? I work outside of UL but not many fans seem to follow recruiting. 

It's hard telling how many more turns this recruitment takes but I like where it is headed. Vandy is just a trainwreck of a team and even with the two freshmen coming, that can't be appealing to a recruit that wants to win.  Kansas is looking mediocre in the games I've seen this year. Indiana headed the right direction...defense is stout.  

Good game for recruits to see in general.  IU improving but showing there's still a lot of room for good players to come in and make a meaningful difference.  IU legend has got to sound pretty appealing right now.

41 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rumor on Peegs is that Romeo is going to announce on ESPN on Friday and this trip was to inform Archie what the decision was. 

Do they play Friday? They meaning New Albany! And if he’s supposedly informing Archie wouldn’t that mean more good news then bad news

Archived