Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Do you have any first hand knowledge that Romeo acts and/or makes decisions the way that you're implying?  Or, are you just going off information you get off twitter?  You know twitter, right?  That's the same source that told us Archie was going to be in New Albany Friday night instead of coaching his team in East Lansing.

I honestly have no idea why everyone assumes Romeo and Garland are conjoined twins? Romeo is the catch.. not Garland. 

4 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

Sorry if it's been brought up already, but has anyone heard about Romeo's girlfriend?..heard from a few people that she attends IU...even heard it from a kid that plays jv for New Albany 

I don't recall that this aspect has been discussed, but I appreciate you bringing it up. If it's accurate/true, I sure hope they stay together through the spring signing season. :D

I recently watched an interview Romeo did and I came away with the impression that Indiana might have a real chance.In the interview when asked about IU he had a look in his eye and a sly grin on his face...like he was wanting to say yes it's IU...maybe I'm just reading to much into it..jmo

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

I recently watched an interview Romeo did and I came away with the impression that Indiana might have a real chance.In the interview when asked about IU he had a look in his eye and a sly grin on his face...like he was wanting to say yes it's IU...maybe I'm just reading to much into it..jmo

As I mentioned in an earlier post -- imo, I think we are the front runners.  Vanderbilt, is Vanderbilt with no tradition (not to mention, they are awful) , and Kansas is stuck in an investigation for a recruit driving a Lamborghini. 

Similar to Eric Gordon and DJ White (upperclassman) down low - If Romeo were to commit with Juwan Morgan/Davis (upperclassman) down low, I believe we catapult to a top 15 team. 

On 1/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, Hoosier987 said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post -- imo, I think we are the front runners.  Vanderbilt, is Vanderbilt with no tradition (not to mention, they are awful) , and Kansas is stuck in an investigation for a recruit driving a Lamborghini. 

Similar to Eric Gordon and DJ White (upperclassman) down low - If Romeo were to commit with Juwan Morgan/Davis (upperclassman) down low, I believe we catapult to a top 15 team. 

I don’t know if Langford/Morgan would be the kind of tandem that Gordon/White was. Morgan and White were a different kind of player but you could say they were comparable in production. EJ was a man amongst boys in HS. I’m not sure Langford is on that level. I was a year ahead of Gordon at an Indy HS, attended camps with him, and saw him play multiple times. He was flat out dominant. I still remember the televised game vs Loyola Chicago... Best performance I’ve seen by a HS player to date. Langford puts up points but I don’t see him as a guy that could start for an NBA team next year. Gordon was.

10 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

I don’t know if Langford/Morgan would be the kind of tandem that Gordon/White was. Morgan and White were a different kind of player but you could say they were comparable in production. EJ was a man amongst boys in HS. I’m not sure Langford is on that level. I was a year ahead of Gordon at an Indy HS, attended camps with him, and saw him play multiple times. He was flat out dominant. I still remember the televised game vs Loyola Chicago... Best performance I’ve seen by a HS player to date. Langford puts up points but I don’t see him as a guy that could start for an NBA team next year. Gordon was.

I saw Gordon play in HS though hardly as much as you did, but you are right his body and game were NBA ready.  Langford needs to fill out and gain some strength.  Gordon really didn't need that.  I saw Langford on TV Friday.  He is a very good offensive player.  He also seemed pretty savvy.  He guarded the opponent's #9 in the nation PF who was 4 or 5 inches taller and stronger.  He made some plays against him defensively and avoided fouling out.  However, his rival did foul our almost immediately in OT which was an important factor in NA's win.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Still think he's Vandy bound.  It doesn't make sense.  All I can figure is that Garland is a hell of a salesman and Romeos passive aggressive personality won't let him say no.

You’ve created quite the soap opera in your mind about a couple 18 year old kids you’ve never met.

22 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Romeo is on EJ's level as a high school player.  It's human nature to think things where better "in our day" but the reality is that humans keep getting better, not worse.  

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Still think he's Vandy bound.  It doesn't make sense.  All I can figure is that Garland is a hell of a salesman and Romeos passive aggressive personality won't let him say no.

Disagree 100% with this. Things are trending much better with IU.

8 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Hey Mile and 5fouls you guys hearing anything about his timeline I know he said spring but anyone hearing whispers about when he is planning to pull the string?

I would not expect to hear anything until the spring signing period (which starts April 11th), or right before.  That timeline offers the benefit of being after the completion of the college season (a very important factor in his decision, especially as it relates to IU).  I'm not certain, but I believe there is a contact period right before the signing window opens.  That's also an important factor, as I believe the Langfords will give an opportunity to have one last face to face with each coach/program.

Archived