Romeo Langford

Just now, milehiiu said:

Kent Sterling saying today (Sept 12 ) that he has heard that it is down to two schools for Romeo.  IU and Kansas.  At 50-50

I'm not seeing Kansas.  He would be 'just another 5 star recruit' there.  

At IU, UL, and Vandy, he would be so much more.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not seeing Kansas.  He would be 'just another 5 star recruit' there.  

At IU, UL, and Vandy, he would be so much more.

Just relaying what Kent said on his Breakfast with Kent show.  Kent also had an interview on Monday with Romeo's HC.  Though the subject did not come up in the interview.... perhaps this info was shared with Kent, after the interview ?   TMI.... Kent graduated from New Albany. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just relaying what Kent said on his Breakfast with Kent show.  Kent also had an interview on Monday with Romeo's HC.  Though the subject did not come up in the interview.... perhaps this info was shared with Kent, after the interview ?   TMI.... Kent graduated from New Albany. 

Well, I disagree with his information.

And, in my opinion, that's irresponsible journalism on his part.  You don't publicly make that type of announcement one day after talking to a player's coach.  Even if it didn't come from Jim Shannon, the timing gives the appearance that it might have.  That makes things a little awkward for the player and the coach. 

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, I disagree with his information.

And, in my opinion, that's irresponsible journalism on his part.  You don't publicly make that type of announcement one day after talking to a player's coach.  Even if it didn't come from Jim Shannon, the timing gives the appearance that it might have.  That makes things a little awkward for the player and the coach. 

I agree. The timing gives the appearance it came from Shannon.  By the way. Shannon seems like a really neat coach.

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Heard this morning that there very well could

be 2 5 star guys committing to Indiana.  Arch is doing work boys!  Garland and Romeo, that would set Bloomington on fire.  We have a very legitimate shot at getting both.  I'm told they are good buddies?? I don't know

Sounds good.  We just need Btowninsider to confirm that it is in fact a "done deal".

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Heard this morning that there very well could

be 2 5 star guys committing to Indiana.  Arch is doing work boys!  Garland and Romeo, that would set Bloomington on fire.  We have a very legitimate shot at getting both.  I'm told they are good buddies?? I don't know

I certainly believe it's possible, just curious where the 2nd scholarship is coming from, and when that player will let it be known they are leaving....

28 minutes ago, ephul said:

I certainly believe it's possible, just curious where the 2nd scholarship is coming from, and when that player will let it be known they are leaving....

Probably shortly after the season ends and shortly before Romeo commits, which apparently unlike Garland, is still not likely to happen much before the spring signing period.

When Archie took the job, he gave the impression that he would be conservative in handing out schollies.  I'm having a hard time believing that he would put us in a position to use the oversign before he even coaches a game.  The last scholly is for Romeo, and if Garland wants to get on board, he's going to have to wait for something to open up.  If nothing does, then he's not going to come here (assuming Romeo does).  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

When Archie took the job, he gave the impression that he would be conservative in handing out schollies.  I'm having a hard time believing that he would put us in a position to use the oversign before he even coaches a game.  The last scholly is for Romeo, and if Garland wants to get on board, he's going to have to wait for something to open up.  If nothing does, then he's not going to come here (assuming Romeo does).  

I agree with the first part of your post. Which makes me wonder, if we are still after Garland hard (let's be fair, the last scholarship is for Romeo), then will we see a transfer soon?

There is always a plan when it comes to scholarships. The coaches and players know a lot more than we do. There may have been some guys, whether we like it or not, that were given "prove it to me" conditions for this year, or certain guys have other plans that don't involve staying four years. We just never know, but things always happen that are not expected. I'm guessing that Archie would take both Garland and Langford if they wanted to be here. 

The IU + Kansas 50/50 seems like a pretty strong assumption.. in fact I'd almost call it pure bull. I find it hard to believe that Pitino is this deep into recruiting him for UL to be out of it. You know he's going to be applying the pressure and is really going to make it tough on Romeo to say no. The deeper we get in this recruitment the better our chances seem to be getting though.  

Here's to hoping!

Archived