Romeo Langford

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It would be but I really think if it's IU he's announcing in Indiana.  If it's in Atlanta in front of Garland and Sittu it isn't good for us.  Just my opinion. 

Kids want exposure, and there’s arguably no bigger stage than the McD’s game.  I don’t think him announcing there is any indication of where he’s going.  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

482 career points behind Damon.  Max number of games left is 12 if they have to play 3 in the Sectional.   It would take an average of 40.1666 points over those 12 games to get there.  If they only play 11, it would take an average of 43.818

whoa!  now would that make for an indiana legendary story!

58 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/michrami_/status/959241985361174528?s=04

Romeo finished with 63 points and exited with a loud “IU” chant tonight against Jennings County.

I haven’t been very optimistic over the course of this recruitment, but man, stuff like this makes it hard to see how anywhere else is even an option.  He’s only going to be a god on one campus.

51 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It would be but I really think if it's IU he's announcing in Indiana.  If it's in Atlanta in front of Garland and Sittu it isn't good for us.  Just my opinion. 

No way. Romeo's father indicated he preferred Romeo announce at the McD's AA game because the whole family...including some relatives...are going to be there. Also, as BGleas said, what better way to make a splash than for the top uncommitted recruit to announce IU when everyone is watching.

As an aside, Vanderbilt sits at 8-14, with 2 conference wins. Have lost 6 of their last 8 games.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

482 career points behind Damon.  Max number of games left is 12 if they have to play 3 in the Sectional.   It would take an average of 40.1666 points over those 12 games to get there.  If they only play 11, it would take an average of 43.818

Can you imagine if NA makes it to state and Romeo needs 40-50 to catch Damon? What a storyline that would be. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

AAU guy. Pretty dialed in. Runs Pocket City Basketball. Someone else can share more probably. 

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

From their website :

N.D. Kendrick – Pocket City Basketball

Has/had state of Indiana connections.

Was a 247 CB'er.   In 2014 had an 82% correct rate :

N.D. Kendrick's Crystal Ball Predictions

Thanks fellas, although I wish it was more than a gut reaction......

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don’t think the McDonalds Game would indicate anything. Players these days are about brand. The best thing for his brand is announcing in a way that garners the most attention (McDonalds Game) for the school that gives him the biggest spotlight (Indiana). 

I just think if it was IU he would announce at New Albany.  If it's out of state all signs point to Vandy IMO.  I expect him to say all the right things...how he loves Indiana, it's his home, he greatly appreciates all the support its given him over the years, etc but that he has to do what's best for him and that Vandy gives him the best chance to win immediately as he can play with 2 fellow burger boys.  I think that's about verbatim what he'll say if he does announce during the McDonald's game.

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just think if it was IU he would announce at New Albany.  If it's out of state all signs point to Vandy IMO.  I expect him to say all the right things...how he loves Indiana, it's his home, he greatly appreciates all the support its given him over the years, etc but that he has to do what's best for him and that Vandy gives him the best chance to win immediately as he can play with 2 fellow burger boys.  I think that's about verbatim what he'll say if he does announce during the McDonald's game.

Phinisee, Langford, and Morgan are more dangerous than Garland, Langford, and Shittu, IMO. And I think the supporting cast is better than Vandy's.

Outside of Ayton, not very many freshman bigs have a huge impact. Much more of a jump for them than a guard, IMO.

Archived