Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I personally think winning and a chance to leave a legacy are the most important factors.  IU has the latter nailed. Need to convince the young man that IU can win.

I agree. IU is trending up. Who knows what Vandy will do next year. Three 5* players may get them into the tournament, but who knows, IU is a shooter or 2 away from the tournament. How many players has Vandy put in the NBA vs IU? What team will get more exposure? On top of it, being a state legend in HS and college! I still think IU!

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

There's some guy on Twitter, WesternConfChampion I think who's saying it's Vandy.  Just a rumor of course.

This guy seems to be a Nashville homer with all of his posts about Nashville.  He claims to know someone outside of New Albany who knows the situation.  I have a hard time believing that.  He may be correct, but I doubt anyone knows the choice besides the Langford’s.  Whatever happens, IU has done everything it can to win this recruiting battle, including improving greatly over the course of the season.

6 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

This guy seems to be a Nashville homer with all of his posts about Nashville.  He claims to know someone outside of New Albany who knows the situation.  I have a hard time believing that.  He may be correct, but I doubt anyone knows the choice besides the Langford’s.  Whatever happens, IU has done everything it can to win this recruiting battle, including improving greatly over the course of the season.

Agree with all that.  I doubt anyone outside of Romeo and his parents know where he's going. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I agree but still think all signs point to Vandy.

What signs?  His friendship with Garland?  Is that what you are basing your opinion on?  Phinisee says he texts back and forth with Romeo as well, so why are you not saying IU?  Archie has IU on the  upswing, I think we all agree on that.  Vandy is a dumpster fire this year?  Drew has not been  impressive.  I really do not see any reason to go to Vandy at this time.

16 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Again, no way in the world it makes sense for him to choose Vandy. This is too big of a decision to make based on just one other kid. Vandy is bad and won’t be much better next year. We have a chance to be really good with him at IU.

I have no idea which school Langford will pick, and he’s of course free and should choose wherever he feels is best for him. 

With that said, I can’t fathom how Vandy makes any sense whatsoever. I’d love for someone, anyone, to explain it to me? Did he and Garland become blood brothers at some camp? 99% of the time package deals (which this isn’t really even if he chooses Vandy) don’t happen, yet the one time it happens is going to be for Vandy and 3 5* kids?!?!

I could maybe buy it if Drew had Vandy rolling and there was a young, successful core that these guys we’re going to be added too, but Vandy is a joke right now. I haven’t even mentioned that Shittu will be coming off an ACL. 

Seriously, someone explain how Vandy make any sense at all?

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I have no idea which school Langford will pick, and he’s of course free and should choose wherever he feels is best for him. 

With that said, I can’t fathom how Vandy makes any sense whatsoever. I’d love for someone, anyone, to explain it to me? Did he and Garland become blood brothers at some camp? 99% of the time package deals (which this isn’t really even if he chooses Vandy) don’t happen, yet the one time it happens is going to be for Vandy and 3 5* kids?!?!

I could maybe buy it if Drew had Vandy rolling and there was a young, successful core that these guys we’re going to be added too, but Vandy is a joke right now. I haven’t even mentioned that Shittu will be coming off an ACL. 

I’m not on the Romeo to Vandy bandwagon, but the only argument to him going is that the have two 5* already committed, although the rest of the team is bad, and that Drew has recruited him longer.  All other things point to IU IMO.  Proximity to home, legendary status, exposure, chance to win right away, etc.

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It might make $en$e.

44 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

What signs?  His friendship with Garland? Is that what you are basing your opinion on?

Nah, he's got this theory that Garland is the "alpha" and basically controls Romeo like a puppet. Romeo may end up at Vandy but I'm pretty certain it won't be because he is taking orders from Garland. 

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It might make $en$e.

That’s literally all I can come up with. I get they have two other 5*’s, but Vandy isn’t Duke or Kentucky. Vandy isn’t set up to support that, and I really think it will end up being a failure. It doesn’t even work for Kentucky all the time. You need veterans to support the freshmen, and a program designed to support what a 3 5* class entails. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Have you always been such a sunshine pumper about everything?  I'm a realist.  I've said that we're going to land TJD and have a good shot at Brooks.  But Romeo no.

I am not saying we will get Romeo but it seems a lot of your post is so negative,

39 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Just to confirm, that twitter account's handle is @predsandstuff. Aka the Nashville Predators.

Are you suggesting a local guy would post outrageous things on Twitter about a local team in order to drum up followers?  Pshaw!

Dan Dakich told me that no one does that.

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

I’m not on the Romeo to Vandy bandwagon, but the only argument to him going is that the have two 5* already committed, although the rest of the team is bad, and that Drew has recruited him longer.  All other things point to IU IMO.  Proximity to home, legendary status, exposure, chance to win right away, etc.

Well, Morgan is a 6* compared to Garland and Shittu. Morgan would destroy Shittu. I'll go as far as to say Garland wouldn't do much against Green.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Drew is an excellent coach. This season is a blip. They have great players coming in and Drew is obviously a beast at recruiting. 

Maybe Romeo likes the area better, the style of play, his vision for romeo, the school, the conference, and might just have a better relationship with the staff. People get caught up on history but new projections and making something great that has never been before has value in a different but equal way too. 

I’ve always hated the style of play in the big 10 and think it’s set the conference back. It’s not conducive to NBA styles like the ACC or SEC. Maybe that’s changed but i don’t watch religiously anymore.

We don’t know if Archie’s personality attracts top players but we do know Drew does. 

I had to take most of this year off for the first time in my life. 25 years of losing took its toll on me and It was obvious this would be yet another garbage team. I definitely had a mini meltdown on here lol. Taking the year off has been amazing and stress free. I’m ready to ease my way back into it with a hopefully less intense care about results now and moving forward.

Until Archie lands a top 20 player I’ll always maintain that it’s a long shot for them. 

We’ve got a chance though and that’s enough for the less stressed out IU fan in me.

2 hours ago, Blazin Hazin said:

I don't think Romeo's going to Vandy- but it's not exactly a bizarre decision.  They went to the tourney last year. They play in a major conference.  There's already two McDonald's all-Americans there.  

Yes- they stink this year- but we stunk when Cody committed. 

We had a top ten class that was going to be juniors when Cody committed. It was also an hour from home for Cody. 

Which of those major factors is true for Romeo at Vandy?

10 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Drew is an excellent coach. This season is a blip. They have great players coming in and Drew is obviously a beast at recruiting. 

Maybe Romeo likes the area better, the style of play, his vision for romeo, the school, the conference, and might just have a better relationship with the staff. People get caught up on history but new projections and making something great that has never been before has value in a different but equal way too. 

I’ve always hated the style of play in the big 10 and think it’s set the conference back. It’s not conducive to NBA styles like the ACC or SEC. Maybe that’s changed but i don’t watch religiously anymore.

We don’t know if Archie’s personality attracts top players but we do know Drew does. 

I had to take most of this year off for the first time in my life. 25 years of losing took its toll on me and It was obvious this would be yet another garbage team. I definitely had a mini meltdown on here lol. Taking the year off has been amazing and stress free. I’m ready to ease my way back into it with a hopefully less intense care about results now and moving forward.

Until Archie lands a top 20 player I’ll always maintain that it’s a long shot for them. 

We’ve got a chance though and that’s enough for the less stressed out IU fan in me.

Think its a bit early to say Drew is a beast at recruiting. He got Garland because he's from Nashville. He got Shittu because of Garland. Impressive, but what's he done other than that? What's he done to make anyone think he'll continue to get 5* going forward?

Archived