Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I got a feeling he breaks the record.  I think he’s in a better groove than normal right now.  I kind of want him to and kind of don’t.  Damon was one of my all time favorites, will be sad when it goes.  Would make it a lot easier if Romeo said he was coming to IU though.

Having gone to high school with Damon and witnessed many great games from him I hope Romeo comes close but doesn't .

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I got a feeling he breaks the record.  I think he’s in a better groove than normal right now.  I kind of want him to and kind of don’t.  Damon was one of my all time favorites, will be sad when it goes.  Would make it a lot easier if Romeo said he was coming to IU though.

You think they'll get by FC?  That'll be tough for NA.

8 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

New Albany in a really soft part of their schedule.  Will be tough tp continously put those 50 plus games in the state tournament.

13 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Having gone to high school with Damon and witnessed many great games from him I hope Romeo comes close but doesn't .

Playing into 4th quarter when the game is clearly out of hand just to try to get the record would cheapen it a little for me if he does end up getting it. 

11 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

Playing into 4th quarter when the game is clearly out of hand just to try to get the record would cheapen it a little for me if he does end up getting it. 

I would assume that while Bailey was on his scoring run, most of his games were out of reach as well, and I would assume he probably played into the 4th when games were out of reach considering how many points he scored.  I don’t see anything that would cheapen Romeo breaking the record, if he does.

12 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I would assume that while Bailey was on his scoring run, most of his games were out of reach as well, and I would assume he probably played into the 4th when games were out of reach considering how many points he scored.  I don’t see anything that would cheapen Romeo breaking the record, if he does.

I don't remember Bailey staying in the 4th quarter with BNL being up by 40 points after 3 quarters. In fact I remember him being taken out of a few games his senior year. Also, his single highest scoring game came in his sophomore year not in a senior year push for the record. 

45 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

Cheapen the all time Indiana High School scoring record? No...him even being in the discussion is unreal. 

8 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

I don't remember Bailey staying in the 4th quarter with BNL being up by 40 points after 3 quarters. In fact I remember him being taken out of a few games his senior year. Also, his single highest scoring game came in his sophomore year not in a senior year push for the record. 

What does the year of his highest scoring game matter?

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did Damon play in more games than Marion Pierce? I dont know and my guess is off the top of their head most in the State dont either. No way number of games cheapens it for me

No idea. And if Damon did play in more games, did he have the record by the time he played the same number of games? Of course more games matter.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

No idea. And if Damon did play in more games, did he have the record by the time he played the same number of games? Of course more games matter.

Recently in Ohio they went from 20 regular season games to 22. I'm not from Indiana so I'm not clued into when changes like that might have taken place in the state, but it seems like a pretty natural thought that the regular season games would have increased over the years. The wild card being the changes in the state tournament as well with going to the class system.

Archived