Romeo Langford

3 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

I don't remember Bailey staying in the 4th quarter with BNL being up by 40 points after 3 quarters. In fact I remember him being taken out of a few games his senior year. Also, his single highest scoring game came in his sophomore year not in a senior year push for the record. 

Oh good lord. You realize how many games Romeo hasn't played in the 4th because they were up 50? Romeo team was also better then the 4 BNL teams that Bailey played on. This record won't be cheapened at all. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The record will be cheapened because Romeo will have played in more games. 

It won't mean anything to me if Romeo breaks Damon's record if he chooses Vandy or Kansas over IU.  I mean the kid is a phenomenal talent, and I'd like for him to have success, but if he doesn't pick IU, then I won't feel the same about him obviously.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

How presumptuous. And wrong. Weird. 

Even if the first sentence is wrong the second sentence is not. Nor is the overall point that it's not something people talk about. Weird. 

You're making the claim that it's something people still talk about, I'm sure you've got lots of mainstream links from the past couple years to prove that point, right?

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Even if the first sentence is wrong the second sentence is not. Nor is the overall point that it's not something people talk about. Weird. 

You're making the claim that it's something people still talk about, I'm sure you've got lots of mainstream links from the past couple years to prove that point, right?

The fact that it’s not a current event has no bearing on the views that people hold about it. 

When a group of people are having a discussion about the single season home run king, you don’t think there are people that say it’s Babe Ruth?

33 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The fact that it’s not a current event has no bearing on the views that people hold about it. 

When a group of people are having a discussion about the single season home run king, you don’t think there are people that say it’s Babe Ruth?

No, I don't. None of the three articles you presented made the case for 60 being the record either. Did you even read them? 

13 minutes ago, Indytime said:

link for game tonight                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          https://www.facebook.com/548171898888090/videos/575087389529874/

Romeo could easily have 60 again tonight.  Madison one of 3-4 weakest teams the Bulldogs play all year.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

if you know anything about Indiana high school basketball, you know who John Harrell is. At least he recognizes reality.

https://twitter.com/johnrharrell/status/961792042530672640

And, Marion Pierce played without the three point line. 

And, Romeo has played against overall better competition.  

It would be a great accomplishment, and people should not try to diminish it.

Archived