Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Damon Bailey was really, really good at basketball. Romeo Langford is really, really good at basketball. Hopefully Langford follows Damon’s path and turns himself into an Indiana legend by going to IU and also having a successful career there. 

Pretty cool how similar their stories could be. Even from the same conference. 

Bozich tweeted that Romeo took a cheap shot or two last night... was anyone there?

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely. It’s why the more and more this goes on IU just makes all the sense in the world to me. If you’re Langford, how do you turn down all the love, all the adulation, all the long lines of IU fans showering you chants, cheers, etc., for Vanderbilt? Add to it how Miller has everything coming together, the great class IU also has, the one missing hole we have at his position, elite facilities, I could go on and on. 

This just makes SO much sense. The only thing that is slightly giving me pause is that it seems Miller hasn’t gone to see Langford when he’s had opportunities. Not sure where his visit count is, but seems like Kansas and Vandy have been in a few times. The flip side of that argument is we haven’t heard of any other 2018 recruits that IU has tried to go after. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Bozich tweeted that Romeo took a cheap shot or two last night... was anyone there?

I was there and lots of hacking by my Cubs. Obviously disappointed, but he still played well. The easiest 31 points that I can remember, even though he scored 34 in 3 quarters two years ago when he last played at Madison last. 

Madison really slowed the game down in the 2nd half and was all over him in the first. 

On the visit point, it also wouldn’t shock me if Archie is masterfully holding his visits for the state tournament, and trying to use the week the Big Ten will have off during Championship Week to his advantage. I think Archie is very calculated and planned out, so I doubt not visiting recently is a bad sign, especially since Langford recently visited IU for a game, and to my knowledge he hasn’t been to a game anywhere else. 

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

On the visit point, it also wouldn’t shock me if Archie is masterfully holding his visits for the state tournament, and trying to use the week the Big Ten will have off during Championship Week to his advantage. I think Archie is very calculated and planned out, so I doubt not visiting recently is a bad sign, especially since Langford recently visited IU for a game, and to my knowledge he hasn’t been to a game anywhere else. 

I was actually thinking about this last night and couldn’t remember the last time CAM was in to see Romeo.  Since he hasn’t been, is it something to where he could be texting or talking to him on the phone behind the scenes?  Admittedly, I’m not up on all of the times contact can be made by a coach. If he’s not and he still has visits left, I can only think that he’s saving them for something, or he’s been given information that no one else has.

2 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I was actually thinking about this last night and couldn’t remember the last time CAM was in to see Romeo.  Since he hasn’t been, is it something to where he could be texting or talking to him on the phone behind the scenes?  Admittedly, I’m not up on all of the times contact can be made by a coach. If he’s not and he still has visits left, I can only think that he’s saving them for something, or he’s been given information that no one else has.

Alex Bozich founder of ITH was asked this a couple weeks ago and I believe he said Archie and the staff only has like 10 visits they can use on a kid and they only have 2 maybe 3 left on Romeo. He went on to say that the staff is saving them and will prlly use some of them on Romeos state title run. I'd expect to see them at his games after the BIG tourney when they have a week off and it's closer to decision time for Romeo.

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yes and there's only 2 more games he could attend @Vandy. 

actually maybe more like one depending when they have their sectional practice @Seymour 

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Alex Bozich founder of ITH was asked this a couple weeks ago and I believe he said Archie and the staff only has like 10 visits they can use on a kid and they only have 2 maybe 3 left on Romeo. He went on to say that the staff is saving them and will prlly use some of them on Romeos state title run. I'd expect to see them at his games after the BIG tourney when they have a week off and it's closer to decision time for Romeo.

I also read, though not sure it’s accurate, that a sectional counts as one visit. Again, not sure of it’s accuracy, but if true it means Archie could attend 3games and it would count as 1 visit. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Haha that's fair, but I think it's somewhat telling if Romeo doesn't attend even one game there. 

Yeah, I’d love to see him watch Vandy get blown out, but I thinks it’s way more telling if he doesn’t visit them at all. Wouldn’t you want to at least see a game at the college you’re going to pick? 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I’d love to see him watch Vandy get blown out, but I thinks it’s way more telling if he doesn’t visit them at all. Wouldn’t you want to at least see a game at the college you’re going to pick? 

His dad was quoted saying that they would not be attending a game but might go down to watch a practice. Pretty sure if you are Bryce Drew the smartest thing to do is to keep him as far away from that crap hole and their 6 fans. 

If Romeo Langford goes to Vandy I won't be able to cheer for him. I could not take losing possibly the all time scoring leader in the state to flipping vanderbilt. I would actually be ok with him going to Kansas because their school is legetimate. Obviously, please come to Indiana. 

Great points on visits. I don't see Archie doing anything without calculation regarding Romeo. Makes perfect sense to hold back 2-3 for last minute impressions. Plus we won't have to accidentally be at a school or an event where we have to self report (haha...Gary Harris recruitment). 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If he doesn't go to Vandy for even a practice I think that is very encouraging since Vandy is pretty close and it wouldn't be to big of a hassle for them to go down there if they were really interested. 

54 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Absolutely. It’s why the more and more this goes on IU just makes all the sense in the world to me. If you’re Langford, how do you turn down all the love, all the adulation, all the long lines of IU fans showering you chants, cheers, etc., for Vanderbilt? Add to it how Miller has everything coming together, the great class IU also has, the one missing hole we have at his position, elite facilities, I could go on and on. 

This just makes SO much sense. The only thing that is slightly giving me pause is that it seems Miller hasn’t gone to see Langford when he’s had opportunities. Not sure where his visit count is, but seems like Kansas and Vandy have been in a few times. The flip side of that argument is we haven’t heard of any other 2018 recruits that IU has tried to go after. 

He has to look at our roster construction for next year and know it's perfect for him.  He's got a senior stud in the low post, an emerging point guard that will be a junior and a great wing defender to save him from having to guard the best perimeter player all the time.  I really don't see, from a roster construction standpoint, how anywhere would be a better fit for him.  

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He has to look at our roster construction for next year and know it's perfect for him.  He's got a senior stud in the low post, an emerging point guard that will be a junior and a great wing defender to save him from having to guard the best perimeter player all the time.  I really don't see, from a roster construction standpoint, how anywhere would be a better fit for him.  

Plus a nice PG in his grade and another top 60 6'7 wing. 

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Agreed.  He'd be exactly what the doctor ordered.  If by some outside chance Archie pulls this one off and Morgan returns we're the most improved team in the nation next season and probably the B1G favorites. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

The only thing I can think of is he does not want to deal with all the pressure that would come with him at IU.  Maybe he just wants to be one of the guys and not be a savior of a program.

This coming from another site, just thought i'd share the quote.

"When Romeo was signing autographs after the Jennings County game, one of the kids gave him a paper folded in half to sign. After Romeo signed it, the kid opened it up and had printed out "Letter of Intent to Indiana University." Romeo cracked up and was about the only time he smiled the whole night after scoring 63 points."

Smart kid. Lol

One thing that I haven’t seen much in regards to Romeo is Ed Schilling.  I know he has a lot of reach within the state, with a lot of people respecting him.  Does he have any relationship with the Langford’s or NA in general?  When CAM first took over and got commits from Anderson and Phinisee, I can’t help but think Schilling had some pull in those recruitments given how late we arrived to the party.

Archived