Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know I need to stay off this board. I'm almost 66 years old and I actually had a dream last night where I met Romeo at a ball game and asked him which way he was leaning, he just looked at me like I was some crazy old man! After telling my wife about it, she said yep, you definitely are obsessed....

I thought you were going to say, your wife said "yep you're a crazy old man"

2 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

One thing that I haven’t seen much in regards to Romeo is Ed Schilling.  I know he has a lot of reach within the state, with a lot of people respecting him.  Does he have any relationship with the Langford’s or NA in general?  When CAM first took over and got commits from Anderson and Phinisee, I can’t help but think Schilling had some pull in those recruitments given how late we arrived to the party.

Head Coach of New Albany Jim Shannon and Ed Schilling have known each other for years, very strong relationship. Besides what Archie is doing with guys, development,etc....you can guarantee we are in the game at this stage because of Coach Schilling. 

We are going to be in much better shape than Vandy next year.  If Romeo comes on board - we are BIG title contenders.  Lets also not forget about Deron Davis.  I have a strong feeling he's going to come out next year more determined than ever - we could have the best front court in conference. Starting five could look something like this: Phinisee (maybe Green if he continues to improve) Romeo, Hunter, Deron, Morgan. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The only thing I can think of is he does not want to deal with all the pressure that would come with him at IU.  Maybe he just wants to be one of the guys and not be a savior of a program.

He’d be the missing piece, not the savior. As KoB mentioned, he’d be joining a team with an emerging junior point guard, and potential conference POY senior big, and a top defensive wing to take pressure of him on that end. Langford certainly elevates IU chances next season, but he’s not a savior, he’s a missing piece/accelerator.

16 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

We are going to be in much better shape than Vandy next year.  If Romeo comes on board - we are BIG title contenders.  Lets also not forget about Deron Davis.  I have a strong feeling he's going to come out next year more determined than ever - we could have the best front court in conference. Starting five could look something like this: Phinisee (maybe Green if he continues to improve) Romeo, Hunter, Deron, Morgan. 

I have a have a hard time seeing one of the new comers displacing McRoberts. He's only going to get better next season with more scorers around him; he's shown he is a great defender and can be an opportunistic scorer which will be easier with more scorers next season. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He’d be the missing piece, not the savior. As KoB mentioned, he’d be joining a team with an emerging junior point guard, and potential conference POY senior big, and a top defensive wing to take pressure of him on that end. Langford certainly elevates IU chances next season, but he’s not a savior, he’s a missing piece/accelerator.

Yup, even without him I think we are a tournament team if Morgan comes back and Green really has it figured out. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I have a have a hard time seeing one of the new comers displacing McRoberts. He's only going to get better next season with more scorers around him; he's shown he is a great defender and can be an opportunistic scorer which will be easier with more scorers next season. 

Agree. Hunter will have to be an absolute stud (which may be) to supplant McRoberts IMO. McRoberts may not be the most talented guy in the world, but he does so, so many things that impact winning. I see him playing even more next season. The best thing that can happen to next years freshmen class is Green being legit, McRoberts being even better, and of course Morgan being back. 

Assuming we land Langford, the best thing to happen to Phinisee, Anderson, Hunter and Forester is to brought along as role players and to be able to grow into being comfortable, etc. 

One of the more successful businessmen in my areas son plays on my 5th grade basketball team... I had a conversation with him about Romeo today. He hasn't heard that it was probably down to IU and Vandy... as soon I stated KU was probably out, he said as a parent there's no way you can allow your kid to go to Vandy over IU from the business side of things. (Celebrity status in Indiana, the following he'll take with him, Adidas,  etc). Just thought it was an interesting viewpoint. 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Hunter will have to be an absolute stud (which may be) to supplant McRoberts IMO. McRoberts may not be the most talented guy in the world, but he does so, so many things that impact winning. I see him playing even more next season. The best thing that can happen to next years freshmen class is Green being legit, McRoberts being even better, and of course Morgan being back. 

Assuming we land Langford, the best thing to happen to Phinisee, Anderson, Hunter and Forester is to brought along as role players and to be able to grow into being comfortable, etc. 

Yassssssss!!!!

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

One of the more successful businessmen in my areas son plays on my 5th grade basketball team... I had a conversation with him about Romeo today. He hasn't heard that it was probably down to IU and Vandy... as soon I stated KU was probably out, he said as a parent there's no way you can allow your kid to go to Vandy over IU from the business side of things. (Celebrity status in Indiana, the following he'll take with him, Adidas,  etc). Just thought it was an interesting viewpoint. 

As much as I can't stand Norte Dame, the younger Golic was talking about this on ESPN this week. He called it "4 for 40". Spend 4 years at ND and you are set for the next 40 years of your life.

I would like to think that being an IU basketball player that stays for any length of time would reap the same benefits over his lifetime 

18 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

As much as I can't stand Norte Dame, the younger Golic was talking about this on ESPN this week. He called it "4 for 40". Spend 4 years at ND and you are set for the next 40 years of your life.

I would like to think that being an IU basketball player that stays for any length of time would reap the same benefits over his lifetime 

Great post 

9 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Alex Bozich founder of ITH was asked this a couple weeks ago and I believe he said Archie and the staff only has like 10 visits they can use on a kid and they only have 2 maybe 3 left on Romeo. He went on to say that the staff is saving them and will prlly use some of them on Romeos state title run. I'd expect to see them at his games after the BIG tourney when they have a week off and it's closer to decision time for Romeo.

The number is 7 times to see a recruit. Archie was asked the question on his radio show on Thursday.

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

Hunter will have to be an absolute stud to take minutes from Smith as well. With another off season under his belt he should be more consistent and take a big step toward realizing the potential we have seen flashes of this year. All of the freshman, with the obvious exception of Romeo and the probable exception of Phinisee will have to work really hard for any minutes they get, which will also help to push the veterans. 

1 hour ago, hoosierBGH said:

Hunter will have to be an absolute stud to take minutes from Smith as well. With another off season under his belt he should be more consistent and take a big step toward realizing the potential we have seen flashes of this year. All of the freshman, with the obvious exception of Romeo and the probable exception of Phinisee will have to work really hard for any minutes they get, which will also help to push the veterans. 

Completely agree. Phinisee will be fighting with Durham for minutes. No way RP beats out Green for the starting job. This is under the assumption that Romeo commits to IU, otherwise I think we would probably see RP and DG playing together. 

1 hour ago, hoosierBGH said:

Completely agree. If I had to call a lineup right now, and it’s assuming Green keeps progressing and Langford comes, I’d go with Green, Langford, McRoberts, Smith, Morgan. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. If I had to call a lineup right now, and it’s assuming Green keeps progressing and Langford comes, I’d go with Green, Langford, McRoberts, Smith, Morgan. 

And I certainly hope McRoberts is on scholarship next year. I think he's earned it.

Archived