Romeo Langford

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

To me Romeo recruitment won't impact them at all other than giving them comfort knowing if he chose there....they should be good as well. Romeo will be gone by the time either are on campus.

With that said. Is TJD smelling sparty or UCLA? I don't why a big who looks at how Juwan is being used would change their mind. Whoever has info. Spill it. Enough of the cryptic...haha

From what I hear it's not a particular school so much as it is that he is regularly attracted by the new shiny school. I tend to think the splash of a Romeo commit would make IU more appealing but I think there is a long way to go with his recruitment.

For those comparing TJD to Zeller, I wouldn't expect him to have nearly the impact that Zeller did his freshmen year. TJD has A LOT of maturing to do, both mentally and physically, before he makes an impact and most bigs tend to take longer to make an impact anyway. Landon Turner's early years would probably be a better comparison, from what I hear. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Romeo had Lucky Charms for breakfast this morning and he was five minutes late to third period.  No one knows where he’s going to college next year.  These the type of thrilling updates you’re looking for?

Yes I am actually, since this is a Romeo thread I would rather read posts like this then constantly getting an updates thinking there could be an update regarding Romeo when its talking about Zach McRoberts(nothing against the kid but he is already on the team and if indeed Romeo comes to IU, my guess is he gets the last scholarship).  I was also wondering too if he will skip school tomorrow to attend the IU vs Illinois game since he has an open invitation too since he won't be getting home until late assuming he is in attendance.  

8 hours ago, cohete15 said:

He's a sure fire lottery pick. Would probably be one this year. That doesn't mean he will be a one and done, but he's definitely a sure fire lottery pick.

The more I think about it, the more Langford reminds me of Gary Harris. Freak athletes, quiet demeanor (although Langford's is probably quieter), not elite shooters. 

I could really see Langford follow the Gary Harris path. 2 years in school. High to mid 1st round pick.

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yep.  Not hearing we are out of it.  But that TJD is considering alternatives, now.  Unlike before , when he was considered an IU lock.

Actually.... good for him.  Should he choose IU in the end.... he needs to know it was the right decision.

I hate that about TJD because I thought we had him for sure with how much time he spent on campus.

1 hour ago, ephul said:

The more I think about it, the more Langford reminds me of Gary Harris. Freak athletes, quiet demeanor (although Langford's is probably quieter), not elite shooters. 

I could really see Langford follow the Gary Harris path. 2 years in school. High to mid 1st round pick.

I agree, they have similar demeanors. But Langford is a tremendous shooter. He has no weakness offensively. Maybe he's not the defender that Harris was, though I think Langford could also be very good at that end with the right coaching.

Romeo is the best high schooler I've seen since at least Eric Gordon, granted I don't watch every high school kid out there, but I have a hard time seeing Romeo as anything other than a future top 5 pick and NBA All Star. Gary Harris was very good but not really on Langford's level, IMO.

22 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Romeo>Gary Harris in my opinion. I think Romeo is a better shooter. Too lazy to look up stats, but stats aside, I like Romeos stroke better. 

Romeo doesn't have that great of a percentage from 3pt, but most of that is due to his shot selection.

I agree that Romeo is the better scorer. His shot is pure. Beautiful stroke. When he's in college, he'll be taking better shots, which will result in a better percentage.

I was simply saying Harris and Langford's games were very similar. But let's remember, Harris was no slouch his freshman year at MSU. He was phenomonal.

35 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Per reports....

Bill Self is visiting Romeo today.

Romeo is heading to Vandy Saturday after his game. 

What time does his team play on Saturday because that would be awfully late if they have a night game.  Also I checked and Vandy plays at 4PM on Saturday so he will not be going there for a game.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What time does his team play on Saturday because that would be awfully late if they have a night game.  Also I checked and Vandy plays at 4PM on Saturday so he will not be going there for a game.

Romeo doesn't play on Saturday... why couldn't he go to a game that starts at 4?

6 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Never said it wasn't nice to dwell in the shadows; but I haven't seen any of our coaching staff at a game or practice.  Have you?

if we only have 1 or 2 visits left, would be smart to use around the big ten tournament in New York when we have abit of a down period in between games

We aren’t “cooling down” by any means. Bill and Bryce if anything, “feel the heat” and are going to do all that they can in crunch time. Hey, did any of you really think that he wouldn’t see this all the way through and give his recruitment it’s due diligence? 

I think we’re in good position to land Romeo, and they(Vandy/KU) know it. So they’re going to throw everything they can at him. Let’s be honest, we all knew IU would struggle this season to an extent. But given the progress, Archie has put himself in a fantastic position to land Romeo. If not, it won’t be from a lack of effort.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just in case this is still a Romeo thread. Good article up at Indy Star about Damon Bailey/Romeo....best quote   Damon on Romeo: “I told him if he’s planning on moving back to Indiana when he’s done playing, he’d be crazy to go anywhere but #iubb.”

I love seeing Damon talk up his old school. He's right too...Live in Indiana after being an IU basketball star is a recipe for a lot of success.  My suspicion is, though...Romeo will spend a lot of time wherever he plays in the NBA and right now, the Pacers appear to have a pretty good shooting guard.:coffee:

Archived