Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

To throw some gas on the conspiracy theory fire, here’s a video of Romeo signing “Vandy” on a sweatshirt after a game earlier this week, at 50 seconds in.  :panic::panic::panic:

Guess we know  he is going to Vandy but wonder why he would sign it that way unless the kid asked him to.  Also I don't think that was after tonight's  game because this looks like the same footage we saw last week.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Guess we know  he is going to Vandy but wonder why he would sign it that way unless the kid asked him to.  Also I don't think that was after tonight's  game because this looks like the same footage we saw last week.

I am not sure Romeo knows 100% where he is going to college at this time.  It has been said an untold number of times that he and his family is a family of high character and integrity.  Tim Langford is on record as saying Romeo will commit when he is ready.  He has not committed, so I take them at their word in that this decision is not complete one way or the other.

As IUs season has progressed reasonably well competing with top teams, IU has done itself many favors.  As its been said, the longer this recruitment goes, the better IUs odds.  I would not read too much into what a fan wants Romeo to sign on a sweatshirt.

7 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I am not sure Romeo knows 100% where he is going to college at this time.  It has been said an untold number of times that he and his family is a family of high character and integrity.  Tim Langford is on record as saying Romeo will commit when he is ready.  He has not committed, so I take them at their word in that this decision is not complete one way or the other.

As IUs season has progressed reasonably well competing with top teams, IU has done itself many favors.  As its been said, the longer this recruitment goes, the better IUs odds.  I would not read too much into what a fan wants Romeo to sign on a sweatshirt.

I was joking about knowing he is going to Vandy.  I just listened to an interview with Romeo after the game tonight and he talked about going to Vandy tomorrow and it seemed like he really likes them.  I couldn't understand one of the questions about Vandy when he said something about being part of the best class ever at Vandy.  I couldn't understand if that was what Vandy was pitching or that was what Romeo thought.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was joking about knowing he is going to Vandy.  I just listened to an interview with Romeo after the game tonight and he talked about going to Vandy tomorrow and it seemed like he really likes them.  I couldn't understand one of the questions about Vandy when he said something about being part of the best class ever at Vandy.  I couldn't understand if that was what Vandy was pitching or that was what Romeo thought.

I thought you may have been saying that with sarcasm.  It did seem your comment was directed at those that take every morsel of info and run with it.

My point stands and like your post, is directed at the same crowd, just with a slightly different tone.

That is an interesting pitch from Vandy.  Knowing that, regardless if its solely Vandy's pitch or his thoughts as well makes me more comfortable.

I listened to this interview and couldn't tell a thing. Sounds like same message from him and coaches. Guess we'll find out soon. If Archie is going to his games (if he has visits left) during Sectionals or other playoff upcoming games we'll know we still have a chance. If no Archie (and it's confirmed he has visits left). No dice. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I listened to this interview and couldn't tell a thing. Sounds like same message from him and coaches. Guess we'll find out soon. If Archie is going to his games (if he has visits left) during Sectionals or other playoff upcoming games we'll know we still have a chance. If no Archie (and it's confirmed he has visits left). No dice. 

Is it considered a visit if he just shows up to a sectional game,I'm sure word would get around if he was there,what about calls and txt,nobody knows for sure how much of that has went on..or is it a dead period

27 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Is it considered a visit if he just shows up to a sectional game,I'm sure word would get around if he was there,what about calls and txt,nobody knows for sure how much of that has went on..or is it a dead period

I don't know the rules on texts/calls. I think they can do that daily. I think a coach can only visit 7x is the number someone else posted. Based on articles written and such...seems like Archie has a couple still left. 

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Any way you want to take it, that's not good......

14 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Any way you want to take it, that's not good......

I disagree.  If that’s the only thing that they’re pitching him on, IU can pitch a heck of a lot more.  He can either be part of the best class ever at Vandy, and still not do much in terms of team success, or he could come to IU and have a lot more success IMO.  Plus proximity to home, facilities, exposure, branding, etc.  

28 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

Yeh, I think his entire body language changed when he started talking about Vandy.  He also has a very good friend encouraging him in that direction on a daily basis. Wait and see.

Really lol? I was reading some of these comments and was intrigued people were able to pull so much out of his reactions in the interview. Had to track it down and listen myself and honestly couldn't pull anything out that was telling in any way...he's always pretty stoic in his interviews, didn't pick up on anything new

37 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

Yeh, I think his entire body language changed when he started talking about Vandy.  He also has a very good friend encouraging him in that direction on a daily basis. Wait and see.

It's been Vandy the whole time as I've been saying.   We were never in this.  He just doesn't want backlash from the IU fan base.  Some of you got played yet again and a couple so called insiders lost all credibility after this disaster and the Donovan fiasco.  Strong winds have been blowing south for months.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2018/02/16/video-romeo-langford-talks-senior-night-win/

Romeo interview after the game last night, talks Vandy starting at the 2:25 mark..

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/02/16/romeo-langford-senior-night-im-glad-stayed-here-all-four-years/344766002/

Indystar says Tim Langford said, "There could be another trip to Indiana coming."

30 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's been Vandy the whole time as I've been saying.   We were never in this.  He just doesn't want backlash from the IU fan base.  Some of you got played yet again and a couple so called insiders lost all credibility after this disaster and the Donovan fiasco.  Strong winds have been blowing south for months.

You must enjoy bringing doom and gloom to 2 different boards don't you.  If IU never had a chance they wouldn't be in his final 3 teams.

41 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well maybe you've heard some pro insider Vandy talk...but that sure escalated quickly from a couple softball Vandy questions geared towards Romeo to a Vandy lock. 

Again, that video tells nothing. He praised self right after Vandy praises...maybe he will commit to all 3 of us

Archived