Romeo Langford

34 minutes ago, KDB said:

http://www.insidethehall.com/2018/02/16/video-romeo-langford-talks-senior-night-win/

Romeo interview after the game last night, talks Vandy starting at the 2:25 mark..

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/02/16/romeo-langford-senior-night-im-glad-stayed-here-all-four-years/344766002/

Indystar says Tim Langford said, "There could be another trip to Indiana coming."

I read the article and couldn't find were Tim Langford said there could be another trip to Indiana. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I read the article and couldn't find were Tim Langford said there could be another trip to Indiana. 

"Then there were autographs to sign. Lots of them. Langford was asked about his recruitment, which is down to Kansas, Indiana and Vanderbilt. He will visit Vanderbilt on Saturday for its game against Florida. He met with Kansas coach Bill Self earlier this week. Tim Langford said there could be another trip to Indiana coming."

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

"Then there were autographs to sign. Lots of them. Langford was asked about his recruitment, which is down to Kansas, Indiana and Vanderbilt. He will visit Vanderbilt on Saturday for its game against Florida. He met with Kansas coach Bill Self earlier this week. Tim Langford said there could be another trip to Indiana coming."

Thanks! That's big news if he comes back again. Hopefully Ohio State game after he gets done playing his game at Bloomington north? That be sweet. 

Just now, 5 championships said:

Thanks! That's big news if he comes back again. Hopefully Ohio State game after he gets done playing his game at Bloomington north? That be sweet. 

They COULD be visiting again. Bozich said most likely to visit staff and facilities one more time. Not to watch a game.

4 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Apparently, Rabjohns said that Tim Langford said it wouldn't be for a game but to see the campus and staff again.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's been Vandy the whole time as I've been saying.   We were never in this.  He just doesn't want backlash from the IU fan base.  Some of you got played yet again and a couple so called insiders lost all credibility after this disaster and the Donovan fiasco.  Strong winds have been blowing south for months.

It's not been Vandy the whole time.

I'm not an insider.

Romeo is not avoiding backlash from IU fans.  He's a beloved player in the South part of the state regardless of where he goes.  Good in classroom.  Role model.  Generous with his time when he's off the court. 

Being part of a winning team will be an important factor in his decision.  Both Drew and Archie have to sell him on looking beyond this year.  Who is able to seal the deal remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's been Vandy the whole time as I've been saying.   We were never in this.  He just doesn't want backlash from the IU fan base.  Some of you got played yet again and a couple so called insiders lost all credibility after this disaster and the Donovan fiasco.  Strong winds have been blowing south for months.

This maybe true, I have no idea. However, before Archie was hired IU WAS completely out of it and not considered by RL. Why would he add  IU and srtring them along?  He could have kept the door shut. JMO

As for the BD fiasco, if you believe anything from unknown posters on a message board, you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. 

I thought it was funny, that in the interview when asked about Vandy, he said something like “I know they haven’t been playing well, I just want to go and see how coach Drew coaches the players in game.“ He obviously takes notice of team play, so I would think he would notice the great improvement with this IU team.  Plus with Vandy losing most of their scoring next year, I doubt he thinks three 5* freshmen are going to be able to carry that entire team.  Maybe he chooses Vandy, but there a lot more pros to IU than there are Vandy.

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

I thought it was funny, that in the interview when asked about Vandy, he said something like “I know they haven’t been playing well, I just want to go and see how coach Drew coaches the players in game.“ He obviously takes notice of team play, so I would think he would notice the great improvement with this IU team.  Plus with Vandy losing most of their scoring next year, I doubt he thinks three 5* freshmen are going to be able to carry that entire team.  Maybe he chooses Vandy, but there a lot more pros to IU than there are Vandy.

If he's going to make his choice based on how a team plays and how the head coach coaches, I have to like our chances - a lot.  If he's going to base his decision on promises and pressure from his friend, it would be to VU's advantage.  His mom and dad are playing a large role in the process and I'd think they'd be influenced more coaching, academics, and overall fit - again I like our chances here as well.

Getting beyond that, let's face it: we have the better atmosphere and tradition.  If Romeo makes his decision with a level head and based on what's best for his own development and preparation for the next level, it seems like a no-brainer in my totally biased mind.

I just don’t see how Romeo would take Vandy over us. Hell even with 3 5* players I don’t know that they would still be that good.

what Archie has done with IU this season is very nice! This win at Iowa would have been a 15-20 pt loss 2 months ago. He could be part of something really special here! 

Just now, Hoosrnight said:

I just don’t see how Romeo would take Vandy over us. Hell even with 3 5* players I don’t know that they would still be that good.

what Archie has done with IU this season is very nice! This win at Iowa would have been a 15-20 pt loss 2 months ago. He could be part of something really special here! 

You guys are underestimating Bryce Drew IMO. Also bagged two 5 stars already.

124–49 (.717) (valpo)

139-63 (.688) (Dayton)

22 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

You guys are underestimating Bryce Drew IMO. Also bagged two 5 stars already.

124–49 (.717) (valpo)

139-63 (.688) (Dayton)

Drew has little to nothing to do with it.  This is all Garland.

And the A10 is a much tougher league than the Horizon.  Archie also has an Elite 8.  You sound ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Drew has little to nothing to do with it.  This is all Garland.

And the A10 is a much tougher league than the Horizon.  Archie also has an Elite 8.  You sound ridiculous. 

No you do. Thinking a 17/18 year old boy has more pull than a head coach is ridiculous. The league argument is stupid too. Ones a 5/10 league and the other is like a 4/10 so don’t act like the gap is wild.

4 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

No you do. Thinking a 17/18 year old boy has more pull than a head coach is ridiculous. The league argument is stupid too. Ones a 5/10 league and the other is like a 4/10 so don’t act like the gap is wild.

No, the 17/18 year old boy does have more pull than Bryce Drew.. 

35 minutes ago, KDB said:

Thought the same thing, but I guess he does have to give a reason that he likes Vandy... there certainly can't be any other.

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Of course. Garland wouldn’t have considered Vandy if he didn’t didn’t think they’d get shittu / romeo so he went first.

whats your point? He’s going to vandy? 

No, my point is that Bryce Drew didn't bag two 5 stars because of him. Sure, he got Garland, but that is a kid in his backyard who's father had gone way back with Drew and he'd had a relationship with prior to HS. Shittu, and Romeo if Vandy gets him is not because of Bryce Drew, it is because of Garland. Darius is the literal lead recruiter for these 5 stars at Vandy. Lol

Archived