Romeo Langford

1 hour ago, KDB said:

He sat by Garland at the game. Here is what Garland said:

"Me and Romeo, we have a great connection. We have played together [in AAU]. It’s cool. I met (four-star signee) Aaron [Nesmith] for the first time yesterday, and I am looking forward to building a relationship with both of them.”

That doesn't sound great for IU.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If "being part of the best class ever at Vandy" means more to Romeo than becoming an Indiana University Legend... Sorry, I just can't make sense of that... other than kids' psyches have changed.  Leave your traditional-power homestate school cold to play second-fiddle to the hometown guy there?  And "there" is Vanderbilt?   I can't believe I'm even typing this lol.  

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

He sat by Garland at the game. Here is what Garland said:

"Me and Romeo, we have a great connection. We have played together [in AAU]. It’s cool. I met (four-star signee) Aaron [Nesmith] for the first time yesterday, and I am looking forward to building a relationship with both of them.”

That doesn't sound great for IU.

Why not? 

3 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Rabjohns and Bozich both linked that article and each said “So Vanderbilt allows recruits to be interviewed while on visits, interesting” or something like that.  Is that uncommon or am I missing something?

Rabjohns asked an Iowa admin apparently, and they said it was a secondary violation.

3 minutes ago, KDB said:

Rabjohns asked an Iowa admin apparently, and they said it was a secondary violation.

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I believe it’s a violation. 

Ok, I thought that’s what they were alluding to, but I wasn’t sure.  That can’t look good imo, if they don’t even know the rules.

10 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Cat 5 winds have been blowing south for a long time.  Only the uninformed thought otherwise.

I’ll have to admit dbm, I couldn't get a read on you, but I think I figured you out.  You said the below four days ago and then say the above tonight in case he does commit to Vandy, so that you could say “told ya so”.  In one you say “I think the floodgates open if he committs”, which says you don’t know whether he will or won’t and in the other you pretty much say it’s been a done deal for awhile and only the uninformed don’t know.  So which is it?  I gather that like the rest of us, you’re uninformed too.

“Don't you think if by some chance we land Romeo our odds of getting TJD and Brooks go up? I think the floodgates open if he commits.”

2 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I’ll have to admit dbm, I couldn't get a read on you, but I think I figured you out.  You said the below four days ago and then say the above tonight in case he does commit to Vandy, so that you could say “told ya so”.  In one you say “I think the floodgates open if he committs”, which says you don’t know whether he will or won’t and in the other you pretty much say it’s been a done deal for awhile and only the uninformed don’t know.  So which is it?  I gather that like the rest of us, you’re uninformed too.

“Don't you think if by some chance we land Romeo our odds of getting TJD and Brooks go up? I think the floodgates open if he commits.”

He's not coming here 99% sure.  If by some chance was in response to what supposedly was said in Peegs chat and by Milehi earlier in the week.  I've never thought we had a shot.  I have been wrong before but not often.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's not coming here 99% sure.  If by some chance was in response to what supposedly was said in Peegs chat and by Milehi earlier in the week.  I've never thought we had a shot.  I have been wrong before but not often.

But if you were informed, wouldn’t it be 100%?  Or are you just saying 99% in case he pulls a Jared Jeffries?

At this point his picking Vandy over IU says a lot more about Langford than it does about IU. I've been to both gyms THIS year. Seen both teams play THIS year. It isn't even close. If he goes elsewhere, IU will be just fine. Great recruiting class coming next year, and if the progress I'm seeing this year continues I believe Romeo will be remembered as the last great one from Indiana that got away, not the next one in a continuing line. 

This isn't a "I never wanted him anyway" post. It just doesn't seem losing him will hurt as much as it seemed 6 months ago. Indiana basketball seems headed in the right direction with or without him. 

19 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Enough. You can be pessimistic and cynical all you want. Stop calling others uninformed. 

Very very few here are not uninformed when it comes to Romeo.  I'm not excusing name-calling here or calling us all stupid...just saying that realistically, maybe 1-2 posters here have any idea what Romeo is really thinking and I honestly don't think DBM is among that very small group.  CoachSS may be close to informed, but even he is not saying it's a done deal anywhere.

...and DBM is perpetually cynical (why I affectionately call him Eeyore). I take what he says with a grain of salt much as I do with HTD, our resident homer and Smellermaker-Hater.  It's only an educated (but uninformed) guess. Much like mine which thinks IU is sitting in great shape even though the game is not over.

7 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

At this point his picking Vandy over IU says a lot more about Langford than it does about IU. I've been to both gyms THIS year. Seen both teams play THIS year. It isn't even close. If he goes elsewhere, IU will be just fine. Great recruiting class coming next year, and if the progress I'm seeing this year continues I believe Romeo will be remembered as the last great one from Indiana that got away, not the next one in a continuing line. 

This isn't a "I never wanted him anyway" post. It just doesn't seem losing him will hurt as much as it seemed 6 months ago. Indiana basketball seems headed in the right direction with or without him. 

Keep the faith...too early to think he's gone by a long stretch.

Archived