Romeo Langford

29 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's not coming here 99% sure.  If by some chance was in response to what supposedly was said in Peegs chat and by Milehi earlier in the week.  I've never thought we had a shot.  I have been wrong before but not often.

Just to be clear.  I have never said Romeo to IU.  Unlike you, who now is saying 99% to Vanderbilt.  All I have said is that IU is still in the hunt. And our chances have continued to improve, especially recently as since Archie became HC.  If IU were not still in the hunt, then why would Tim Langford be telling people that another trip to IU just to tour the facilities and academics is still in the offing ?  Now... things do change over time.  And if you can't understand that.  I can't help you.  Once again... unlike you have just stated, I have never said Romeo is coming to IU.  Just want to make that perfectly clear. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

But if you were informed, wouldn’t it be 100%?  Or are you just saying 99% in case he pulls a Jared Jeffries?

No one can ever be 100 percent.  Even if he verballed tomorrow it's not 100 percent until the ink is dry.  See the Colts and Josh Mcdaniels. 

I will say pay attention to where he's announcing.  If it's at the McDonald's game as expected it's over.  If by some remote chance elsewhere maybe we have a shot.

Gotta admit, I’ve been really optimistic about this recruitment, mainly because Vandy makes absolutely zero sense, like really none at all. 

But that all changed today. I was telling my kids about Langford today while we were waiting in the drive thru at Chick-fil-A. Telling them how he’s chasing the Indiana scoring record and how we really want him to go to IU. I turn around and look at the car in front of me and what do I see? A Vanderbilt license plate holder. No lie. 

That has to be a sign, right? We were in PA, so completely random to see that. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Gotta admit, I’ve been really optimistic about this recruitment, mainly because Vandy makes absolutely zero sense, like really none at all. 

But that all changed today. I was telling my kids about Langford today while we were waiting in the drive thru at Chick-fil-A. Telling them how he’s chasing the Indiana scoring record and how we really want him to go to IU. I turn around and look at the car in front of me and what do I see? A Vanderbilt license plate holder. No lie. 

That has to be a sign, right? We were in PA, so completely random to see that. 

Haha, small world?  Like others have said, if he does go to Vandy, we will be alright.  I would love for him to come, but I really love the talent we already have coming in next year.  Hunter isn’t quite as good as Romeo, but he no slouch.  

P.S.  Don’t go outside of Indiana again until this recruitment is over.  Probably no Vandy plates here 😁

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Just to be clear.  I have never said Romeo to IU.  Unlike you, who now is saying 99% to Vanderbilt.  All I have said is that IU is still in the hunt. And our chances have continued to improve, especially recently as since Archie became HC.  If IU were not still in the hunt, then why would Tim Langford be telling people that another trip to IU just to tour the facilities and academics is still in the offing ?  Now... things do change over time.  And if you can't understand that.  I can't help you.  Once again... unlike you have just stated, I have never said Romeo is coming to IU.  Just want to make that perfectly clear. 

I know you said you won't say any more on the recruitment because on your sources but are you still hearing positive tings

On 2/17/2018 at 7:26 PM, BeerBQ said:

I read that as Garland implying that him and Langford would build a relationship on the same team. 

I know that's reading into it, though. 

Yeah I read that too, I don't understand why it's bad. What do we expect  Darius Garland to say? , doesn't mean anything with regards to Romeo. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know why Tim Langford would say that.  Maybe to make the IU fan base believe that Romeo is seriously considering IU even though he's not.  Why did Winston Garland say all those great things about IU that made many to believe IU was the clear front runner when it's obvious we were never in it?

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't know why Tim Langford would say that.  Maybe to make the IU fan base believe that Romeo is seriously considering IU even though he's not.  Why did Winston Garland say all those great things about IU that made many to believe IU was the clear front runner when it's obvious we were never in it?

Tim Langford =/= Winston Garland.

Whether Romeo comes or not, I have full confidence in Archie to lead us to greatness once again. 

Also, I have full confidence that Archie will one day not have IU battling Vanderbilt or maybe ANYONE for 5 star Indiana kids... The future is bright.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I know you said you won't say any more on the recruitment because on your sources but are you still hearing positive tings

I promised I would not say.  Sorry.  Only reason, I came back into the action is that I was directly addressed to... and felt the need to clarify.

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I have been wrong before but not often.

Did you seriously write that!?!?!?!xD  3 years ago, you guaranteed Crean was fired at the end of the season.  You said Archie would be a horrible choice for Head Coach, and if Glass selected him, you were done with IU forever.  You have been consistently wrong, to the point that either you are making things up, or your sources are other internet message board posters.   Seriously, stop posting absolutes, and pretending you are connected to something.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I can't get into Mr. Langford's mind. However it is a fact that before going to the Vandy game on Saturday.... he is on record as saying that an additional trip to Bloomington is a possibility. And not to see a game.  One thing, I think we all have come to know is that the Langford's have set a plan and have followed through with their plans, without exception. So, knowing that... if the Langford's don't make another trip to Bloomington before an announcement date that will be very telling, IMHO.

I’ll be glad once this thing is over. Devils advocate and Romeo picks Vandy, IU staff looking at anybody else to fill the final scholarship? Grad transfer would be nice but I remember reading something not too long ago about the admissions to IU making it harder to receive grad transfers than other schools. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

You need to stop acting like you have sources, and know what's going on inside of Romeo's head.  You don't.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I will say pay attention to where he's announcing.  If it's at the McDonald's game as expected it's over.  If by some remote chance elsewhere maybe we have a shot.

I will say that if he decides to not announce at the McDonald's game, which Romeo said he may or may not, then that could be good news for IU fans...or Kansas.  If Garland isn't there when he makes his choice, it's less likely to be Vanderbilt.

If Romeo chooses Vandy I'll be done with 5 star recruiting forever as it relates to in state prospects. Don't drag us along, don't include is in your list for notoriety and attention....getting very tired of spring verbals and some of these recent 5 star guys. Unfortunately for the Keion Brooks of the world. I won't be paying attention one bit to his decision if Romeo (and his Dad) have been stringing us along.

Archived