Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comic relief here...LOL...Romeo signing Vanderbilt on IU fan autographs...?

Riiiiiiight...

I suppose if someone requests that he will, but he's not going to intentionally spit in an IU fan's eye here.  Not buying it.

...and heavens!!!  He actually took a picture with another recruit and said some nice things about said recruit and said school while on a school visit?!!  DONE DEAL, BABY!!!

We really need to dispense a few chill pills here...holy cow.  

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Riiiiiiight...

I suppose if someone requests that he will, but he's not going to intentionally spit in an IU fan's eye here.  Not buying it.

...and heavens!!!  He actually took a picture with another recruit and said some nice things about said recruit and said school while on a school visit?!!  DONE DEAL, BABY!!!

What happened to Pork Chop?

We have a poster, who to the best of my knowledge is not a troll (props for playing the long game if you are DBM), that in all sincerity thinks Romeo to Vandy is a done deal, that Romeo hasn't announced yet just to avoid backlash from IU fans AND Romeo is signing those same fans he doesn't want backlash from with a 'Vandy'. 

I'm not sure if it's more mind-numbing someone can have that thought process or that others are letting it impact their thinking. Guys, regardless of where Romeo goes DMB is flat out wrong. Vandy could be the choice but it isn't for the reasons being presented. 

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We have a poster, who to the best of my knowledge is not a troll (props for playing the long game if you are DBM), that in all sincerity thinks Romeo to Vandy is a done deal, that Romeo hasn't announced yet just to avoid backlash from IU fans AND Romeo is signing those same fans he doesn't want backlash from with a 'Vandy'. 

I'm not sure if it's more mind-numbing someone can have that thought process or that others are letting it impact their thinking. Guys, regardless of where Romeo goes DMB is flat out wrong. Vandy could be the choice but it isn't for the reasons being presented. 

Maybe DBM is Darius Garland...or his Dad???

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Riiiiiiight...

I saw him sign a Louisville jersey, I guess they are back in the mix!

16 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

New Albany gets a bye in their sectional. 6 games left in Romeo’s high school career. 

Getting a first round bye, is not a good thing for Romeo in terms of breaking the all time scoring record.  Normally matched up in a first round game, is a good opportunity to score a bucket full of points. 

If he comes, he comes, If he doesn't he doesn't. Life will go on and we will be just fine. It really isn't worth getting all worked up and bent out of shape about it. Nothing I can so or do will make any difference. 

To those have provided credible information, thank you. You only provide us with what you are told and things change constantly. Please keep up the great work that you do. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am to the point that if he comes great and if not we will be fine and we need to move on.  If I was a betting man I would say he will go to Vanderbilt but I have no idea where he is going just like everyone else on this board.

I agree. I never felt Garland would come and I have the same feeling about Langford. I think no matter what it is a tremendous compliment to Coach Miller for getting us in the running for him when there wasn't a snowball's chance in he== with Crean. I think that speaks volumes about the type of Coach we now have. 

Hey everyone, as always I don't post a lot, but after reading all these Romeo posts for awhile, I thought I may interject a few thoughts: Let me say besides Donovan, Miller or Marshall was my first pick as coach for IU last April. Remember, how short of a time that is, just last April.

1) As referenced above, we were never even in the Romeo sweepstakes, since CTC never even tried. CAM in the short period of time not only put us in the race, he has given us a good chance to win. Maybe he goes to Vandy, I don't know, but the fact he could come from nowhere in basically no time when you look at recruiting bodes nothing but positives for the future. Don't forget what kind of class he put together in a little over just four months of being on the job. Now project going forward.

2) The reason I wanted Archie to coach here was his tremendous ability to improve teams from the start to finish, and make the whole greater than the sum of the parts. He has showed us in so many ways how true this is this year, and once again the future is incredibly bright thinking about this.

3) The base we have going forward is strong. I don't know about Juwan if he will be leaving but think of the improvements made in the other players coming back, and how they will be able to teach the system to the next group coming in and this will now continue from year to year. We never had that this year. It took us a long time to truly learn what Archie wanted, buy into it, and hold each other player accountable. We now have that and it will follow through once again from class to class. This year was a learning period.

4) Finally, even if we don't get Romeo, we now have that base under us which has learned his system. Next the recruits coming in I think are going to be incredibly good, plus they will be her at least two years depending on deveopment. Phinese is going to be a stud, and I really like him more than Garland. I think he is going to be a great PG of the future, although Green has been pretty special lately and has learned what Archie wants. Those two going forward will make PG a position of strength.

Hunter is going to be able to contribute right away I believe. He seems to be getting better game by game.

Anderson is a stud who is going to give us the shooter we need from the outside. What is he making this year, I believe around 40% of this 3 pt. shots or higher?

Forrester I am not sure of, but he is the perfect player I want to come in and learn, be a four year player who continues providing that essential base for us to never be a one year team. To me those type of players who will come in and develop, but are already good will be invaluable recruits.

And lets not forget Race Thompson. He has had a whole year to get stronger, practice and learn what the college game is about. I think that experience and strength will be invaluable going forward and willl have an instant impact.

Basically, regardless of what Romeo decides to do, I have not been more excited about this team in so long. We all longed for defense, we have it. We longed for in game adjustments, we now have it. We longed for toughness, we have it. We wanted a coach who took teams who were good and made them great from the beginning to the end, where each year the sum of all those parts would equal something very good to great. Cam recruits so he fills in each hole that needs to be filled for each year. Under CTC we never had all the things above. We do now, and frankly whether one person comes to IU is not going to make a huge difference. I would love it, and it would help in the upper echelon of recruiting, but in the long term, I think we are in the best hands we have been in for a long time!

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ As always.... a great post by Iuprof.   Thanks. 

Agreed but the 2019 class will define Archie's success here.  It needs to be a home run class or he won't be here long-term.  You can bank that.  Guys like Phinesee, Hunter, and Anderson won't cut it.  He needs 2 stars in that class assuming Romeo is out which he is.

44 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Agreed but the 2019 class will define Archie's success here.  It needs to be a home run class or he won't be here long-term.  You can bank that.  Guys like Phinesee, Hunter, and Anderson won't cut it.  He needs 2 stars in that class assuming Romeo is out which he is.

Here we go again.jpg

52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Archie's take:

Archie.jpeg

"DBM, I had a 2-star but I thought sending him to the Fightin' Corndogs was best for the program. I intend to aim a little higher."

I am convinced that if this team had played like this from November, we would easily be in the tourney. I know we haven't taken down the top teams, but we are a handful and play a brand of basketball that we frankly haven't seen at IU for a long, long time.  I worry a lot less about recruiting now because I think this coach, his style, and the way we will play defense will translate into great success.  For years I felt like we needed to have a top 5 player or two in order to win.  Heck, we had more "stars" in terms of recruiting on last years team, but this years team would lay waste to what was here last year.  

Archived