Romeo Langford

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why did you decide not to tell what you are hearing because it is very helpful to us fans who has no inside info.

All I have heard is that IU is still very much in the hunt.  Nothing about a final decision.  I did report, what has been published about Romeo possibly making another trip to Bloomington to check out the facilities and some academic aspects.  And I have said if that happens, I feel that would be a good sign. And conversely , if an additional visit does not happen, that could be very telling as well. 

Bottom line... at present..( unlike some Vandy people claim to have).... I have no inside intel as to where Romeo will land.  Should that change, you guys will be the first to know, as long as I get clearance to do so.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

All I have heard is that IU is still very much in the hunt.  Nothing about a final decision.  I did report, what has been published about Romeo possibly making another trip to Bloomington to check out the facilities and some academic aspects.  And I have said if that happens, I feel that would be a good sign. And conversely , if an additional visit does not happen, that could be very telling as well. 

Bottom line... at present..( unlike some Vandy people claim to have).... I have no inside intel as to where Romeo will land.  Should that change, you guys will be the first to know, as long as I get clearance to do so.

Thank you, I thought you once said you were told not to say anymore about this recruitment

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why were you asked not to say anything

LOL...he probably can't answer that either.  The general answer though, is that people often say things in confidence that they don't want vomited all over a public fan forum...and sometimes, the kid just doesn't want his thunder stolen. I respect that.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why were you asked not to say anything

It had more to do with not revealing a source, than it had to do with the Langford's themselves.  Or in other words, saying something that could be figured out, as to who the source is/was.  Get the picture ?  Hence, my reverting to passing along what came into the public domain, as well as my own speculation. 

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It had more to do with not revealing a source, than it had to do with the Langford's themselves.  Or in other words, saying something that could be figured out, as to who the source is/was.  Get the picture ?  Hence, my reverting to passing along what came into the public domain, as well as my own speculation. 

GOTCHA!

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

This is the reason I held onto the information that was given to me for so long. I have no idea how much truth there is to it. All I know is my source would not relay that info just to draw attention. This thing is so fluid. It seems that some of the posters on here seem to be "putting the cart before the horse" whether it's pro-IU or against IU.

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is the reason I held onto the information that was given to me for so long. I have no idea how much truth there is to it. All I know is my source would not relay that info just to draw attention. This thing is so fluid. It seems that some of the posters on here seem to be "putting the cart before the horse" whether it's pro-IU or against IU.

I have always been an advocate for members sharing information with us.  That will never change.  Speaking for myself, I am always appreciative of it.  And I think it is what helps a site such as ours go around. 

Having said that, I dislike it when members... willing to share.... get chastised when what they bring to us does not pan out the way some had hoped.  In that respect, I feel it is counterproductive.... in that people with info to share, are reluctant to do so, because they don't want to get called out on the carpet for something they reported... but did not turn out the way it was told to them.   Things DO change over time.  I can and always give the answer of Jeffries.  On the night before he announced if I reported that he had decided on Duke, because that is what he told his parents, and then his parents told me it was ok to offer to the board..... it still does not mean it was not true.... the night before he announced.  He simply changed his mind.

36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have always been an advocate for members sharing information with us.  That will never change.  Speaking for myself, I am always appreciative of it.  And I think it is what helps a site such as ours go around. 

Having said that, I dislike it when members... willing to share.... get chastised when what they bring to us does not pan out the way some had hoped.  In that respect, I feel it is counterproductive.... in that people with info to share, are reluctant to do so, because they don't want to get called out on the carpet for something they reported... but did not turn out the way it was told to them.   Things DO change over time.  I can and always give the answer of Jeffries.  On the night before he announced if I reported that he had decided on Duke, because that is what he told his parents, and then his parents told me it was ok to offer to the board..... it still does not mean it was not true.... the night before he announced.  He simply changed his mind.

It's just when a supposed insider says "done deal" or "this one is over with boys".  Then they deserve any criticism they get.  Otherwise I agree Mile.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Aren't you a sight for sore eyes.  Adding to DJ in welcoming you not only to the new HSN..... but the one and only "Real"  Hoosier Sports Nation ! Home of the free. No membership fees.  No popup ads.  Nothing to sell. Just talk among IU fans.... both old and new. 

Hello Mile, it's been awhile. You guys were hard to find after the split. Happy you all kept a great thing going. Looking forward to catching up.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Welcome to the new HSN dyed! I am moving this to the Recruiting forum, which can be found here: http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/forum/7-basketball-recruiting/

Thanks DJ. Nice to see you guys still doing what you do. If RL averages 47 a game and takes the crown, he will deserve to be called the best ever. Sure hope he one day will be sporting the C&C.

42 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

Hello Mile, it's been awhile. You guys were hard to find after the split. Happy you all kept a great thing going. Looking forward to catching up.

It's not that we intentionally made it hard to find. However, due to legal concerns, we chose not to actively solicit members from our last platform. Thanks to members like FKIMO1, many were able to matriculate to our new home.  And surprisingly, more and more find us nearly on a daily basis. 

I know Romeo doesn't show a lot of emotion and seeing him smile is a rarity.  I will also add that this is a single moment in a likely lengthy visit to Nashville BUT I am an optimist and pictures say a thousand words.  See below, compare, and absorb the good vibes from the IU pic. It helps.

DWQ_qIzW0AEHT4A.thumb.jpg.eb5ffc004dbabb6cbd8d597694a68596.jpg

HHysteria-RL.jpg

10 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

I know Romeo doesn't show a lot of emotion and seeing him smile is a rarity.  I will also add that this is a single moment in a likely lengthy visit to Nashville BUT I am an optimist and pictures say a thousand words.  See below, compare, and absorb the good vibes from the IU pic. It helps.

DWQ_qIzW0AEHT4A.thumb.jpg.eb5ffc004dbabb6cbd8d597694a68596.jpg

HHysteria-RL.jpg

This isn't any more ridiculous than the ones that come and post pics and say it means he is going to Vandy.

33 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Where is LongDukDong?  We need him to come and spread some reverse psychology while single handily ticking everyone else in the process.  I personally thought he was funny and just trying to be funny by being contrary.  Some fell hook, line, and sinker.  

Yeah he was good.  Also wonder what happened to Sark and Btowninsider.  Enjoyed watching them go at it

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I just spoke with my source about the possible Romeo visit. I asked him what his impression was on that. He said his information was that Romeo WAS going to take an additional IU visit, per Tim Langford. I asked him if her "might" be making the IU visit. He said no, he was told he "will" be making that visit. 

37 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just spoke with my source about the possible Romeo visit. I asked him what his impression was on that. He said his information was that Romeo WAS going to take an additional IU visit, per Tim Langford. I asked him if her "might" be making the IU visit. He said no, he was told he "will" be making that visit. 

Did this person feel like this trip is a positive or negative? Can't tell whether it's the family giving IU one last chance since they've had less time to recruit Romeo, or that this trip is to silence any doubts Romeo and his family have about the program. 

Thanks.

Archived