Romeo Langford

48 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Someone needs to make sure the Langford's see this. No NBA team is doing this for a player from Vandy, that's for sure...

...I hope nobody does a search and finds something like this for a former Vandy player :coffee: 

As an aside thanks for calling this out ha  I just got 2 balcony tickets ha

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yep....I remember it like it was yesterday. That was when Peegs was the only thing I followed. Hoosiersportsnation, in my opinion, is the only place to get the best, most accurate and up to date information out there anywhere.

I visit this site for the info but also because people aren't nasty to each other. There is one IU board where the posters are horribly vile to each other. One would think they are all about 15y/o. They make IU fans look horrible. Pity the poor fan from another school who might dare to post on it.  Thank you all for making HSN a great place to visit.

1 minute ago, RJPaisley said:

I visit this site for the info but also because people aren't nasty to each other. There is one IU board where the posters are horribly vile to each other. One would think they are all about 15y/o. They make IU fans look horrible. Pity the poor fan from another school who might dare to post on it.  Thank you all for making HSN a great place to visit.

I think it's because most of the mods are old farts and won't put up with any BS

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Someone needs to make sure the Langford's see this. No NBA team is doing this for a player from Vandy, that's for sure...

...I hope nobody does a search and finds something like this for a former Vandy player :coffee: 

If anybody that’s already going to the game is willing, I’ll transfer you money via the Cash app to purchase a balcony seat, pick up the hat, and mail it to me. Will include shipping and a few extra bucks for the trouble. Would be greatly appreciated! 

10 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

If anybody that’s already going to the game is willing, I’ll transfer you money via the Cash app to purchase a balcony seat, pick up the hat, and mail it to me. Will include shipping and a few extra bucks for the trouble. Would be greatly appreciated! 

If you want to go that route, feel free, but you could probably take the picture of the hat to lids and they could make you one.  Just to throw that out there.

5 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

If you want to go that route, feel free, but you could probably take the picture of the hat to lids and they could make you one.  Just to throw that out there.

I posted the same thing on Facebook and an old coworker is going anyway. He’s gonna try and scalp the ticket to get my money back and mail me the hat 

4 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Did this person feel like this trip is a positive or negative? Can't tell whether it's the family giving IU one last chance since they've had less time to recruit Romeo, or that this trip is to silence any doubts Romeo and his family have about the program. 

Thanks.

All I was told was that Romeo IS making one more visit and that he has not made his decision yet. I also took it that this bodes well for I.U.'s chances.

9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Though I am pleased that you shared this intel with us... I am sorry that at present, I can't add anything one way or the other to it, in terms of a final decision on Romeo's part.

IUwins0708 is a good follow.  And keep an eye also on one of our New (old) members on HSN 3.0...... CoachSS.  Two guys who for good reason, are close to the heartbeat of recruiting in the state of Indiana. 

Speaking of good follows,what ever happened to birdman 33 ...I think that was his name or jcbasketball,I remember him from the Harris recruitment 

10 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

All I was told was that Romeo IS making one more visit and that he has not made his decision yet. I also took it that this bodes well for I.U.'s chances.

One other question, if you don't mind. Is Romeo considering not being a OAD? I know someone mentioned Tim Langford talking about enjoying the convo he had with an IU academic advisor. It also sounds like it was a selling point for them, in regards to Vandy's recruitment. Was interested in seeing if you were hearing anything about him maybe staying a second year or not.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, RJPaisley said:

Yes, agreed. When this board went down for a week or so on my end, I poked around for some other options and found one that had lots of activity but the people just seemed so bitter and negative about everything. Glad this site got back up and running...and it did force me to leave the "lurking" world and start to post too.

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

One other question, if you don't mind. Is Romeo considering not being a OAD? I know someone mentioned Tim Langford talking about enjoying the convo he had with an IU academic advisor. It also sounds like it was a selling point for them, in regards to Vandy's recruitment. Was interested in seeing if you were hearing anything about him maybe staying a second year or not.

Thanks!

I heard from a very good source last year that Romeo would likely not be a one and done.

Interesting quote today from the newspaper in Louisville, The Courier Journal. Posting since there is a lot of discussion about one last IU visit.

"Langford talked about his recruiting and said he may not have time for any additional campus visits to Kansas, Indiana or Vanderbilt." 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2018/02/22/romeo-langford-mcdonalds-all-american-jersey-ceremony-new-albany-high-school/364848002/

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I heard from a very good source last year that Romeo would likely not be a one and done.

If that's true, then Romeo is an even bigger "must get" than I thought. I would feel more confident hearing that since we're in good with guys like TJD and Brooks (he mentioned he thinks playing with good players only makes you better), but I also feel like Romeo may decide that a degree from Vandy isn't something worth passing up on.

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Speaking of good follows,what ever happened to birdman 33 ...I think that was his name or jcbasketball,I remember him from the Harris recruitment 

I remember that name.

Back then, I was always curious if I actually knew birdman or not.

The last time I was really plugged into what was going on at IU in terms of recruiting, a very close person to me coached the Indiana Meanstreets AAU Program and I had it on good authority IU was highly unlikely to ever land get Harris, and that Buss and Hollowell were pretty much a done deal. It also felt much less exciting on Buss and Hollowell when I got more info on both of those players personalities and on court demeanor. 

It's really hard to crap on everyone's happy parade, so I just shut up and hoped for the best there.Lol  We saw how that worked out, though.

Romeo would be a game changer for IU in 2018 but I feel 2019 is more important.  TJD addition to this 2018 class w/ one yr notched on their belt could be special & more important than landing Romeo.  Of course landing Romeo would be EPIC but let’s turn our attention to the future & show TJD A 100 pg thread.

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Birdman is a very well-known head basketball coach in Indianapolis. 

He's doing a wonderful job. 

Coaching at a legendary Indianapolis High School.  On a 7 game win streak, and sitting at 16-4 for the season.  Last game of the regular season is Friday, Feb 23.... same night as IU's last regular season game...  Hey NCAA return Friday Night's back to prep BB !

Oh... by the way.....a really, really nice guy.

8 hours ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

Interesting quote today from the newspaper in Louisville, The Courier Journal. Posting since there is a lot of discussion about one last IU visit.

"Langford talked about his recruiting and said he may not have time for any additional campus visits to Kansas, Indiana or Vanderbilt." 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2018/02/22/romeo-langford-mcdonalds-all-american-jersey-ceremony-new-albany-high-school/364848002/

Hmmmm..

Archived