Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Per Twitter, CAM  at Vincennes University yesterday checking out 6'4" guard Isaiah Tinsdale..

Back up plan or writing on the wall?

I thought this too at first. Archie has s better idea of who transfers than us. It could be a sign of that, but on the other hand it isn't like the team couldn't use a shooter. 

The other open open scholarship is there too. 

Just now, BeerBQ said:

I thought this too at first. Archie has s better idea of who transfers than us. It could be a sign of that, but on the other hand it isn't like the team couldn't use a shooter. 

The other open open scholarship is there too. 

Not sure I get the interest in this kid. Must be more of a PG. I'd think Archie would go after a shooter if we weren't getting Romeo

30 minutes ago, ephul said:

Not sure I get the interest in this kid. Must be more of a PG. I'd think Archie would go after a shooter if we weren't getting Romeo

The backcourt is Green/Durham/RP...as of now. 

Archie went to watch a decently rated JUCO guard that happens to play 45 minutes down the road. Would be silly not to check in on him with 2 scholarships open and a probable transfer. This has nothing to do with Romeo.

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

The backcourt is Green/Durham/RP...as of now. 

Archie went to watch a decently rated JUCO guard that happens to play 45 minutes down the road. Would be silly not to check in on him with 2 scholarships open and a probable transfer. This has nothing to do with Romeo.

With a JUCO signee, it would level out the classes a little bit as well. 

Hmmm...not sure I get this. Kid is having a decent JUCO season, but he's small and his shooting percentage isn't eye popping by any stretch. A Kentucky kid that couldn't land a scholly anywhere in KY? Is it because the grad transfer stable is super thin or something? 

7 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Hmmm...not sure I get this. Kid is having a decent JUCO season, but he's small and his shooting percentage isn't eye popping by any stretch. A Kentucky kid that couldn't land a scholly anywhere in KY? Is it because the grad transfer stable is super thin or something? 

I thought I saw he was 6'4", and besides kids go to JUCO to get better, we've benefited from JUCO's in the past.

11 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I thought I saw he was 6'4", and besides kids go to JUCO to get better, we've benefited from JUCO's in the past.

I saw him listed at 6'1". Could be wrong. Watched a couple of his highlight vids and he seems slow on his release, and just slow in general. Maybe he has improved, but I'm not convinced that offering an open scholly (that apparently CAM wants to treat like gold) to someone of this caliber is what we need at this point. I've been wrong plenty of times, so I won't be hurt if it happens and he adds something. 

12 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I believe it’s because Archie thinks Romeo is Vandy bound. If not he would have been watching Romeo at least once in the last month.

Honestly don’t think it has anything to do with Romeo.  I could be wrong but he needs to balance classes and if Romeo wants to come he has room.  He didn’t offer this kid a scholarship yet anyway.

23 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I believe it’s because Archie thinks Romeo is Vandy bound. If not he would have been watching Romeo at least once in the last month.

He only has two visits left iirc, and the high school sectionals/tournament haven’t even started yet.  If CAM doesn’t see him between now and then, then there may be cause for concern.  Don’t go all dbmhoosier on us just yet.

Just now, BornHoosier said:

Romeo is a very big recruit but feel destiny will win over so let’s use this 111 pg energy towards another 5***** in state recruit, TJD!    Can only control the future not the present.

It will come. Especially if TJD holds out as long as Romeo. He will get his very own vigil. RL is the current shiny recruit. TJD will be next year's. 

4 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

It will come. Especially if TJD holds out as long as Romeo. He will get his very own vigil. RL is the current shiny recruit. TJD will be next year's. 

But most say we were late on the Romeo front & he had a friendship with Garland which makes it hard to make up ground.  TJD has a relationship w/ Rob P, so let’s not wait til Romeo spurns HN to turn our attention to the next best thing because if I’m the next best thing, I’m watching!  Go get him now HN!

1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

But most say we were late on the Romeo front & he had a friendship with Garland which makes it hard to make up ground.  TJD has a relationship w/ Rob P, so let’s not wait til Romeo spurns HN to turn our attention to the next best thing because if I’m the next best thing, I’m watching!  Go get him now HN!

You know we aren't the ones getting him, right? Our coaches are giving him as much attention as they can. 

11 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Could be or he might know that he has some other players thinking of transferring.  Also we do have 2 openings and even if Romeo comes we could use another pg.

Archived