Romeo Langford

Archie is going to try and fill those two open scholarships that are remaining if Romeo commits or not(via remaining prospects or transfers).  If he fills those two scholarships before Romeo decides, Archie will find a way(assuming Romeo commits to IU) to give a scholarship for Romeo.  I saw towards the beginning of the recruitment of Romeo for Archie and staff that there will be an open scholarship regardless if they do not have any at the time that Romeo commits to IU(assuming he chooses IU).  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BEKA said:

I saw him listed at 6'1". Could be wrong. Watched a couple of his highlight vids and he seems slow on his release, and just slow in general. Maybe he has improved, but I'm not convinced that offering an open scholly (that apparently CAM wants to treat like gold) to someone of this caliber is what we need at this point. I've been wrong plenty of times, so I won't be hurt if it happens and he adds something. 

If this was CTC, I might be worried that a scholarship will be handed out just because we have one and need someone to fill it. With CAM, no way. He treats his scholarships like gold, and only takes players who fit into the system. Right now the system needs shooters imho, but I trust CAM fully on what he sees and knows we need. Look at next years recruits and how each fits a need, and just look at why this year's team is lacking in talent. Yes players left early, but CTC never put together the pieces of the puzzle to fit. CAM will look ahead to make sure each player if he leaves early will have a backup in place. Next year we will finally see this foundation start to be put in place. I always realized CTC's recruiting process was a bit flawed in how he offered scholarships, but until this year, I never realized how much it hurt us in never having a firm foundation from year to year. CAM always has a vision. He probably plays a bit of chess, and is several moves ahead.

12 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I believe it’s because Archie thinks Romeo is Vandy bound. If not he would have been watching Romeo at least once in the last month.

:( Just sad is all I can say. I am not trying to throw around any insults as anyone is free to question what Romeo is going to do. It is one of the things I love about this forum, free expression without being bullied or shamed. In today's society being able to comment without rhetoric or being shouted down is rare. I come here because we can have open honest discussion, which I see disappearing on a daily basis, which just makes me sad. Truly one of the reasons I like coming here is the atmosphere HSN has fostered. Trust me how rare it is!

The one thing I think we have already learned is CAM's recruiting prowess and how good he has already proved to be. Facts, not assumptions.

9 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

One thing I'd like to add here that a few people might be unaware of:

Garland and Langford aren't great friends. They are friends from the basketball circuit. Those who portent them to be best friends or super close friends are unaware of their actual relationship. Just thought I'd add this because I see it written in a number of places. 

He has plenty of friends in his life. Darius Garland is one of them. 

Exactly right.

11 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Garland and Langford aren't great friends. They are friends from the basketball circuit. Those who portent them to be best friends or super close friends are unaware of their actual relationship. Just thought I'd add this because I see it written in a number of places. 

Does Romeo have friends that are going/ or are at IU? I know Garland was excited to be attending Vandy with his close friend from Brentwood.

36 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

:( Just sad is all I can say. I am not trying to throw around any insults as anyone is free to question what Romeo is going to do. It is one of the things I love about this forum, free expression without being bullied or shamed. In today's society being able to comment without rhetoric or being shouted down is rare. I come here because we can have open honest discussion, which I see disappearing on a daily basis, which just makes me sad. Truly one of the reasons I like coming here is the atmosphere HSN has fostered. Trust me how rare it is!

The one thing I think we have already learned is CAM's recruiting prowess and how good he has already proved to be. Facts, not assumptions.

Thanks for the kind words. Again speaking for the entire mod team, your words are much appreciated.  The atmosphere we have attempted to create has been fostered by the antagonistic rhetoric we have seen so prevalent on other boards.  It has not come easy. But over time, many, like you have matriculated to HSN 3.0, because of the reasons you have stated.  And speaking for myself, it has been a journey, with over ten years of experience, now as a moderator, I continue to learn, and attempt to do better on a daily basis.

Our game plan is to continue to foster a fan friendly site. Where all members can feel comfortable to share their thoughts and emotions.  And have fun doing it.

Additionally, our game plan is to continue to have a free site, with no membership fees, just to participate.  And we won't irritate our members with annoying pop-up adds, because we will not be soliciting for ads or hand outs. 

We do treasure you and all our great members. Making HSN 3.0 free is our way of showing how much we value our members. 

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

And Garland is not in the inner circle. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

For those that would probably know, how much of a priority is it for Romeo that he plays with other elite guys? I know he said in an interview something along the lines of "good players like to play with other good players. I think that only makes you better." 

He said that at his Vandy visit with Darius right next to him

He said in an interview last Friday that "It's good to play with good players, but when you get to college, everyone is good..everyone can play"

I'm not an insider, but that doesn't seem to be a big priority. If it was, IU and Vandy wouldn't be in the conversation. Duke/UNC/UK would have never been eliminated.

I'm sure Garland will be a fine player at the college level, and maybe even make an impact in the pros. But from where I'm sitting (in front of my laptop with two fingers of bourbon), I'd be more excited about making some noise with RP in my home state. To be quite honest, I'm more pumped to get Phinisee on campus than any recruit since Yogi. I think RP is going to be a beast at PG, and if I'm looking to play with someone that can get me the ball first before creating his own shot, it's hands down RP. Can't wait to watch this incoming class blend in, regardless of who else signs before next season. 

16 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

He said that at his Vandy visit with Darius right next to him

He said in an interview last Friday that "It's good to play with good players, but when you get to college, everyone is good..everyone can play"

I'm not an insider, but that doesn't seem to be a big priority. If it was, IU and Vandy wouldn't be in the conversation. Duke/UNC/UK would have never been eliminated.

Ouch bud. Harsh but fairly true. Hoping/thinking that changes in the next 2/3 years.

20 hours ago, Jacarcio said:

It will come. Especially if TJD holds out as long as Romeo. He will get his very own vigil. RL is the current shiny recruit. TJD will be next year's. 

But would should start the "come to IU" thread just to make him feel good

...maybe change the name on the current thread.  In a year's time we could get it up to 500 pages or more!

What if we start a thread that is just personal notes to Romeo expressing what it would mean to each of us, personally, to have him become a Hoosier. We have the fanbase to overwhelm him with our love for the program. Someone could print out the thousands of messages and hand them to Romeo at an autograph signing. 

Archived