Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to be a negative Nellie and only wanting to cover all possible scenarios....could Romeo be wanting to tell Archie in person that he has chosen another school?  Seems like a respectful way to handle things considering the intensity of his recruitment.   I sure hope not but I wouldn’t rule anything out at this point.

1 minute ago, CTrojan88 said:

Not trying to be a negative Nellie and only wanting to cover all possible scenarios....could Romeo be wanting to tell Archie in person that he has chosen another school?  Seems like a respectful way to handle things considering the intensity of his recruitment.   I sure hope not but I wouldn’t rule anything out at this point.

As I said above, I have never heard of a recruit making a trip solely to turn a school down.  Has anyone else?  It's surely not common.

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Read into however you wish.  I am just glad I was given clearance to pass along info to you guys.  There are people out there that know their stuff... and really, really like what happens on HSN 3.0.  Bought all I can say about that right now.  Keep in mind, in this case, I am far from a source.  Just a messenger. 

That's O.K., we promise not to shoot you.....

1 minute ago, CTrojan88 said:

It's a possibility that has to be considered. Same thought here. In order to preserve local ties (if that means anything) doesn't it benefit TL if he and son look a coach in the eye and say I'm sorry.....headed elsewhere.  Not saying it's happening that way but it's a % that has to be considered.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's a possibility that has to be considered. Same thought here. In order to preserve local ties (if that means anything) doesn't it benefit TL if he and son look a coach in the eye and say I'm sorry.....headed elsewhere.  Not saying it's happening that way but it's a % that has to be considered.

If he wants to visit again to tell Archie something I think it's far, far more likely that he wants to tell him in person that he's coming before word gets out than to tell him that he's not coming. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Using that logic though, wouldn't Bill Self or Bryce Drew potentially deserve the same respect? They've been recruiting Romeo for a longer time than Archie has...Haven't heard Tim Langford say they'd get out to KU again.

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Using that logic though, wouldn't Bill Self or Bryce Drew potentially deserve the same respect? They've been recruiting Romeo for a longer time than Archie has...Haven't heard Tim Langford say they'd get out to KU again.

Correct. Langford's don't live in TN or Kansas though. BIG difference.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If he wants to visit again to tell Archie something I think it's far, far more likely that he wants to tell him in person that he's coming before word gets out than to tell him that he's not coming. 

I can't get used to seeing you post positive things. I feel like I just stepped into the Twilight Zone...

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I can't get used to seeing you post positive things. I feel like I just stepped into the Twilight Zone...

Amen. And I'm the biggest IU homer in the world and for some reason I can't get the warm feeling for IU yet. We'll see. Maybe it's a decade of the state's best talent minus Cody/Yogi going elsewhere. My Bears fan pessimism is showing. 

Archived