Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

In regards to the Romeo & Juliet talk, my daughter's boyfriend goes to college in California, and though she has looked at IU and a couple other Indiana schools, she has her heart set on going to a college in California so she can be closer to her boyfriend.  

My apologies in advance to the ridiculous loans you/she will have to take for out of state/private tuition.

Unless she's very smart, in which case -- nice work.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

My apologies in advance to the ridiculous loans you/she will have to take for out of state/private tuition.

The cost of college education today is ridiculous. Seems to be inflating with each passing year at very aggressive rates...but I won't derail the thread.

Getting back on track...Romeo, you won't have to worry about this if you come to IU! 

20 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

All these Vandy losses surely have Romeo thinking.    Sure we haven't set the world on fire but we didn't underachieve like Vandy.  Preseason I saw them picked 5th in the SEC yet they are dead last.  Drew has done a terrible job this year with a team with seniors.  A team that nearly made It to the 2nd round last year.

I have a hard time seeing the positives in going to Vandy right now.

Go Hoosiers!!!

GREAT players don’t give a rats arse about last yr’s roster or accomplishments, especially if 2 other 5 Star talents are joining him so let’s drop this “the other team sucks” mantra!  RL wants to play with a close friend & enjoy his 1-2 yrs of college before turning pro & may not want to join a team that will hold his arse accountable on both ends like CAM demands!  If that is truely his demeanor, then don’t let the door hit you on the way out because we need buy in players looking to prove themselves!  

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

GREAT players don’t give a rats arse about last yr’s roster or accomplishments, especially if 2 other 5 Star talents are joining him so let’s drop this “the other team sucks” mantra!  RL wants to play with a close friend & enjoy his 1-2 yrs of college before turning pro & may not want to join a team that will hold his arse accountable on both ends like CAM demands!  If that is truely his demeanor, then don’t let the door hit you on the way out because we need buy in players looking to prove themselves!  

No doubt Vandy would be an expected tourney team with Garland, himself and Shittu...but I think you're selling Vandy's expected value a little high in my opinion. 

I haven't followed Vandy at all before this year...but just an underwhelming job by Bryce Drew. I mean dead last in the SEC after some were saying projected at 5th? Seems like a carbon copy of his brother...does less with more. Also, Shittu is a question mark depending on health for next year.

On the flip side, Archie modestly overachieved (projected 10th or so in Big Ten and finished 6th...with a couple really bad losses to be fair). I think couple his modestly overachieved results with the continued improvement (i.e. getting better after implementing systems, etc.). Not to mention probably returning a solid core, good incoming recruiting class and a potential Big-ten POY candidate... 

19 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Oh, I've had the talk with her about that, but she's banking on her boyfriend eventually becoming her husband and making a lot of money, hope it happens for her.

what’s important to RL is the question that is most important.  What if he doesn’t care about the college stop & has mind set on pro future?  What if he’s thinking he’s that good & joining 2 other 5 star recruits is better than zero 5 star IU recruits?  3 is greater than zero correct?  Let’s not discount Vandy so fast HN.

16 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

what’s important to RL is the question that is most important.  What if he doesn’t care about the college stop & has mind set on pro future?  What if he’s thinking he’s that good & joining 2 other 5 star recruits is better than zero 5 star IU recruits?  3 is greater than zero correct?  Let’s not discount Vandy so fast HN.

This recruitment has been a rollercoaster, I'm sure we'll hear pro-Vandy rumors soon.

Meh, give me a Juwan Morgan over a Shitu all day. A developed and proven D1 point guard in Green, maybe not more talented than Garland, but solid. They don’t have anyone close to a DeRon Davis. Justin Smith will be a stud. Not to mention the other freshman coming in aren’t too shabby either. I don’t know, it’s kind of crazy to imagine that Vandy would be the choice, but again, he’s a kid and it’s his decision.

21 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

No doubt Vandy would be an expected tourney team with Garland, himself and Shittu...but I think you're selling Vandy's expected value a little high in my opinion. 

I haven't followed Vandy at all before this year...but just an underwhelming job by Bryce Drew. I mean dead last in the SEC after some were saying projected at 5th? Seems like a carbon copy of his brother...does less with more. Also, Shittu is a question mark depending on health for next year.

On the flip side, Archie modestly overachieved (projected 10th or so in Big Ten and finished 6th...with a couple really bad losses to be fair). I think couple his modestly overachieved results with the continued improvement (i.e. getting better after implementing systems, etc.). Not to mention probably returning a solid core, good incoming recruiting class and a potential Big-ten POY candidate... 

I completely agree IU is his best destination for success but what if none of this matters to him?  What if is his goals are to be an NBA player first & could care less about the NCAA?  Why choose the pressure of being the savior to IU hoops when all he cares about is feeding Lebron James, Seth Curry or James Harden?  Indiana’s kids today were not born during our Glory days so we can’t automatically expect them to be Born Hoosiers but what’s more disturbing is their parents were part of our glory days & seem to have lost the lust of IU hoops.  Regardless of RL decision, HN is in good hands & have every reason to believe next yrs class of 4 stars added to this yrs experience could be special.

2 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I completely agree IU is his best destination for success but what if none of this matters to him?  What if is his goals are to be an NBA player first & could care less about the NCAA?  Why choose the pressure of being the savior to IU hoops when all he cares about is feeding Lebron James, Seth Curry or James Harden?  Indiana’s kids today were not born during our Glory days so we can’t automatically expect them to be Born Hoosiers but what’s more disturbing is their parents were part of our glory days & seem to have lost the lust of IU hoops.  Regardless of RL decision, HN is in good hands & have every reason to believe next yrs class of 4 stars added to this yrs experience could be special.

Yea, agreed. It all comes down to what he values...and don't get me wrong the concept of playing alongside two other 5 star recruits that could lead to a Vandy resurgence I'm sure has some pull...I mean they didn't make his top three for no reason whatsoever. We shall see!

One advantage Drew has, is that he can look Romeo in the eye and say "If you come and play for me, you'll start from day one", without even stretching the truth. If Archie is as honest and direct as everyone on the IU boards believe he is, he has to tell Romeo, "If you come play for IU, you'll start from day one, if you earn the starting spot." Thats a big difference, especially if Romeo plans to be a one and done. 

3 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

One advantage Drew has, is that he can look Romeo in the eye and say "If you come and play for me, you'll start from day one", without even stretching the truth. If Archie is as honest and direct as everyone on the IU boards believe he is, he has to tell Romeo, "If you come play for IU, you'll start from day one, if you earn the starting spot." Thats a big difference, especially if Romeo plans to be a one and done. 

I really like the team that is coming together for next year, but who in the world would start at the 2 ahead of Romeo?

7 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

None of us know what Romeo wants and is thinking.  But it's hard to imagine Coach Drew' s lousy coaching job this year isn't weighing heavy on his mind.  

I disagree with your "GREAT players don’t give a rats arse about last yr’s roster or accomplishments".  Kids want to play for winning coaches/programs.  Just look at where the majority of 5 star kids go.  Ah but now that I think about it's probably the money.  Lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Some great players don't care about previous years roster, but some do so your point here isn't valid unless you personally know Romeo doesn't care about IU, Vandy, and KU's roster/success this year. 

Also unless you know Romeo wants to play with Garland (if this was the case why didn't he commit shortly after DG did?), how close of friends they are (I've seen posts here that suggest they aren't that close), and that he's adverse to playing both sides of the ball (which I've seen absolutely nothing to lend credence to this) I don't see why you are questioning his demeanor.

Where I will agree with you is that IU should only get players that buy in and truly want to be Hoosiers (til Death VBG!!!)

7 hours ago, Muckraker said:

Don't kid yourself Romeo will start from day #1 at Kansas, IU, or Vandy.  The coach may say that you have to earn it, but the fact is he'll start.

Archived