Romeo Langford

Sports Illustrated has an interesting article regarding Romeo Langford.  I have always seen this as long shot as it seems he doesn't want to stay home.  I think Archie has a better chance than Crean but we are still not the front runner.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/07/31/romeo-langford-indiana-hoosiers-archie-miller

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romeo talked about his legacy and everyone would love him if he went to IU. Lets see if that is important to him or not. I like our chances. If he breaks Damon's scoring record and goes to IU, he will go down as one of the best ever in the state in everyones mind. But not if he leaves for college.

On 8/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, 5fouls said:

Any article that automatically assumes Romeo is a one and done is poorly researched. IU is very much in contention and has just a good chance as anyone.

Hey Fouls -- You seem to have your ear to the ground on the Romeo recruitment. Do you know someone in the area or have some other sort of inside info? Just curious -- I've always thought we (at least when TC was coach) were a significant long shot, but I don't have any inside info on Romeo's recruitment.

23 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Hey Fouls -- You seem to have your ear to the ground on the Romeo recruitment. Do you know someone in the area or have some other sort of inside info? Just curious -- I've always thought we (at least when TC was coach) were a significant long shot, but I don't have any inside info on Romeo's recruitment.

OT: @Hoosierhoopster did you take your ride on the track for that photo or is it a stock shot? I'm on my phone so I couldn't tell. 

On 8/12/2017 at 11:14 AM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Ear to the ground. Will not teveal sources. IU had zero shot with Crean. Archie is the type of coach that has appeal in this situation. Just has to make up ground. We have a chance but no guarantee. But its a much better chance than before.

if 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I'm friends with a varsity coach I'm state who has some info (it's not the NA coach so).  From what he has passed not me it's between IU, UL, and Kansas.  He thinks it will end up being Kansas.  

I'm friends with a varsity coach I'm state who has some info (it's not the NA coach so).  From what he has passed not me it's between IU, UL, and Kansas.  He thinks it will end up being Kansas.  

If it's not us I hope it is Kansas!

2 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Fouls needs to tell Romeo that if he doesn't commit to the Hoosiers in the morning, he's going to extinguish the sun in the afternoon!

I've heard if you sacrifice a virgin that the sun will come back.  Anyone know a Purdue grad?

On 8/21/2017 at 0:19 AM, IUB74 said:

I've heard if you sacrifice a virgin that the sun will come back.  Anyone know a Purdue grad?

I thought you had to throw a virgin woman into a valcano....but it meant low and slow texas bbq?!  Talk about getting lost in translation. 🚂=🐄

I work in New Albany and was at a fight party this weekend to watch the big fight.  During the evening I was talking to a guy that was a neighbor of Romeo (UK fan).  He said that he talks to him and his dad quite a bit.  He confirmed that Romeo and Cal did not mesh well on the trip.  Cal told him that he could get him to the NBA in one season and that if he didn't want to be a one and done he did not need him.  Romeo's parents didn't care for that approach.  He also said that Cal told them he had regressed over the summer.  He believes that it is down to IU and UL, with IU in the lead because Romeo is loyal to the state.  He wants to be Mr. Basketball and play for his home school.  He also said that IU had 0 chance at him when Crean was there.  Said that Crean was not really recruiting him very hard. 

Anyway take it for what it's worth.  Just thought I would add to the topic! 

13 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

I work in New Albany and was at a fight party this weekend to watch the big fight.  During the evening I was talking to a guy that was a neighbor of Romeo (UK fan).  He said that he talks to him and his dad quite a bit.  He confirmed that Romeo and Cal did not mesh well on the trip.  Cal told him that he could get him to the NBA in one season and that if he didn't want to be a one and done he did not need him.  Romeo's parents didn't care for that approach.  He also said that Cal told them he had regressed over the summer.  He believes that it is down to IU and UL, with IU in the lead because Romeo is loyal to the state.  He wants to be Mr. Basketball and play for his home school.  He also said that IU had 0 chance at him when Crean was there.  Said that Crean was not really recruiting him very hard. 

Seems to be in line with what a lot of people in that area feel.  Hope that's true! 

1 hour ago, 68Hoosier said:

That would be great and hopefully your friend knows what he is talking about

1 hour ago, 68Hoosier said:

Thank you for sharing. 

Archived