Romeo Langford

2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

None of us know what Romeo wants and is thinking.  But it's hard to imagine Coach Drew' s lousy coaching job this year isn't weighing heavy on his mind.  

I disagree with your "GREAT players don’t give a rats arse about last yr’s roster or accomplishments".  Kids want to play for winning coaches/programs.  Just look at where the majority of 5 star kids go.  Ah but now that I think about it's probably the money.  Lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

I believe it was 5fouls that stated early on in the recruitment that how the season went for IU this year could have a bearing on his decision.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing that I don’t agree with is the assumption that he’s one and done(he’s a one and done talent). After meeting Romeo and his father, they seem to hold academics in high regard, so I believe that not only the basketball fit has to make sense... the academics need to as well. And personally, I don’t think that him having a relationship on the AAU circuit with Garland is going to be the deciding factor in where he goes. I’m sure that Romeo is taking that into consideration, but I’d also goes as far as to say that had Garland chose UCLA, Romeo would already be a Hoosier. Ultimately it’s about fit, like anything else. If he thinks that he can come to IU and succeed on the court and set himself up after basketball in the classroom, he’ll be a Hoosier.

36 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

If Romeo is contemplating not being a OAD, then idk why he wouldn't pick IU. Archie would probably be able to convince TJD and Brooks to join. Romeo, TJD, Brooks + this year's class is a top ten team. Wouldn't you want to be known as the catalyst that brought IU back?

Top 10? That team would be a top 5 team and possibly title favorites

37 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I, for one, really hope Archie and his staff will be in full force with Romeo, now that the season is "mathematically" over. Any positive news, in regards to Romeo right now, sure would soften the blow to last nights loss.

I can't argue with that.  IMO, the full court press for Romeo starts tonight.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:15 AM, milehiiu said:

One more tidbit, guys..... I was saving for today. 

Remember when Romeo visited for HH ?   And Tim publicly stated that if Romeo decided to commit then and there.... they would not wait till Spring ?

Well, hold onto your hats.   Tim is also saying that it is up to Romeo..... but there is also a chance that Romeo commits before McDonald's.  It is all up to Romeo. 

Hey Mile.... Have you or 0708 heard anything about Archie and his staff watching Romeo at Seymour Sectional tonight? I would think this could be telling.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll echo others. We'll know where things stand pretty quickly I would think. Am I wrong in saying if Archie isn't at his games he's either out of visits or worse?

He's not out of visits, so if he isn't at any of the games, it's not good.

53 minutes ago, ephul said:

He's not out of visits, so if he isn't at any of the games, it's not good.

I don't understand where all these visits went? If I remember correctly, KU had an in-home shortly before or after Langford was at HH, a KU assistant had an in-home early in the season (the one Self couldn't attend), and Self has been to at least 1 game, maybe 2. Seems like Bryce has been to at least 2 game plus the unofficial 2 weeks ago. Other than the NW visit from Langford and the official visit I can't remember hearing about Archie/staff visiting Langford this year?

I could certainly be remember wrong on some of the above, but that's how I remember it. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to DD and he said a person he knows from New Albany thinks Romeo will go to Vandy.  DD said if he was Romeo he would go to IU and become a legend like Cody did.

I don’t like the sound of that. As irritating as DD can be he probably wouldn’t share that unless he has a pretty good source. I’m not saying he’s right but I would believe a former coach/player over guys on message boards just guessing with their optimism.

9 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I don’t like the sound of that. As irritating as DD can be he probably wouldn’t share that unless he has a pretty good source. I’m not saying he’s right but I would believe a former coach/player over guys on message boards just guessing with their optimism.

He also knew Alford was going to be the coach and before that Crean wasn’t getting fired.

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't understand where all these visits went? If I remember correctly, KU had an in-home shortly before or after Langford was at HH, a KU assistant had an in-home early in the season (the one Self couldn't attend), and Self has been to at least 1 game, maybe 2. Seems like Bryce has been to at least 2 game plus the unofficial 2 weeks ago. Other than the NW visit from Langford and the official visit I can't remember hearing about Archie/staff visiting Langford this year?

I could certainly be remember wrong on some of the above, but that's how I remember it. 

According to 247 sports, below is the activity since Archie took over:  (last one I saw with Crean was 2/26/16)

9/11/17     Archie visits

9/20/17     Archie visits

9/26/17     Archie visits

1/19/18     Archie watches (this one is incorrect and doesn't count ... IU had a game during this NA game)

It's my understanding that programs are allowed 7 interactions (games, practices, open gyms, in home visits, etc.) per 365 days and the recruit's official or unofficial campus visits do not count towards this tally.  This could include the head coach or any other member of the staff watching or visiting the player.  It looks like 247 didn't quite capture all of the watching sessions.  It seems to me this summer Archie and staff were watching Romeo a lot during the summer AAU events playing catch up.

I agree that tomorrow night during the Sectional championship game would be an ideal time to use one of those last two up.  Then again, I've also heard coaches get much more out of a practice visit since there is more time to actually converse.  Bottom line, don't get too excited if you don't see Archie there Saturday.

I wouldn't sweat Dakich's take too much.   I just read on another site that things are looking pro-IU at this moment.   This supposedly from a source that would know such things.

Just illustrates that much of this information is purely speculative.

McHoop

58 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I actually always thought the same thing. It always seemed like KU and Vandy were visiting twice as much as we were... And now we are "almost out of visits"?

Which is why I don't have a good feeling about Romeo.

3 minutes ago, ephul said:

I actually always thought the same thing. It always seemed like KU and Vandy were visiting twice as much as we were... And now we are "almost out of visits"?

Which is why I don't have a good feeling about Romeo.

I hope mile is digging for some good info.....

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Hey Mile.... Have you or 0708 heard anything about Archie and his staff watching Romeo at Seymour Sectional tonight? I would think this could be telling.

Much more logical for him to show up at the sectional Championship game Friday.  Better competition and gives Archie time to get home from New York.

Archived