Romeo Langford

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Much more logical for him to show up at the sectional Championship game Friday.  Better competition and gives Archie time to get home from New York.

Guessing you meant Saturday....

NA vs Seymour, Floyd Central vs Jeffersonville tonight... winners play tomorrow.  Like you said better competition tomorrow - Seymour is not strong, everyone else is.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Burton Guster said:

This may be a dumb question, but was the team even able to fly back to Bloomington last night? I knew the weather was crazy in NY today, but I wasn't sure when that all started and what kind of monkey wrench it might have thrown into the team's travel plans. 

Not dumb at all. Had the same thoughts knowing what the weather was looking like this weekend there. Assuming they did make it back right away would be my guess. I heard 2-3000 flights had been impacted already.

So here is what makes me Leary. Romeos season could literally end any game now. Obviously, it's not expected to, but he's playing in the state tournament, which is lose, go home. 

Why sit on 2 visits? 

I don't know the stipulations... do home visits count against that? If not, why save visits for your biggest recruit?

I remember Coach saying during the stretch where we had like 7 games in 17 days they weren't doing much recruiting at all. Didn't have the time with travel, game prep,etc...Coach is very meticulous. My guess is he knows his last 2 visits (tomorrow night and maybe Indy for title game) would have the biggest impact. If they lose...he can always have another in home. Either way it's better than spending all of your $ early in the month and sweating it out until payday the last week of each month. I like the approach as it relates to this recruitment.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not dumb at all. Had the same thoughts knowing what the weather was looking like this weekend there. Assuming they did make it back right away would be my guess. I heard 2-3000 flights had been impacted already.

This may be old news, but I pulled up the trusty Flight Aware and it shows a big 737 landing in Bloomington around lunchtime originating from Newark.  I'm sure that was them.  Flight Aware isn't only for coaching search threads lol.  

1 hour ago, ephul said:

So here is what makes me Leary. Romeos season could literally end any game now. Obviously, it's not expected to, but he's playing in the state tournament, which is lose, go home. 

Why sit on 2 visits? 

I don't know the stipulations... do home visits count against that? If not, why save visits for your biggest recruit?

Why would you go see a 2019 recruit when you can watch a 2018 that’s wanting to make a decision anytime? Archie knows folks. It’s Darius Garland, Billy Donavon all over again I’m afraid.

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Why would you go see a 2019 recruit when you can watch a 2018 that’s wanting to make a decision anytime? Archie knows folks. It’s Darius Garland, Billy Donavon all over again I’m afraid.

He will be probably be there tomorrow.  If not then he probably isn’t coming to IU.  Geez.....

8 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Archie knows folks.

You’re exactly right, Archie knows what he’s doing.  I hate to go all 76ers, but trust the process.  As others have said, CAM is very meticulous and I have a feeling he’s saving them so that he can have the most impact with them.

11 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Isn't Brooks a 2018 recruit? Because that's where CAM is at now.......  Brooks tonight, Langford tomorrow. I don't see the problem

Archived