Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s a 2019 recruit.  You need to be more negative to understand.

It's a simple question. If you have 2 visits left with your top 2018 recruit, and he has limited games left, wouldn't you use them on the 2018 recruit?

1 minute ago, ephul said:

It's a simple question. If you have 2 visits left with your top 2018 recruit, and he has limited games left, wouldn't you use them on the 2018 recruit?

He has 2 visits left with ROMEO. Chances are he will be there tomorrow.  They are playing a team tonight they will beat by 20+ so why not make a trip to see Keion?  I’m obviously not a D-1 coach, but I’ll trust Archie knows what he’s doing.

2 minutes ago, ephul said:

He can use them on in-home visits if New Albany were to lose. He wants to be the last coach that Romeo sees before making a decision. Not a big deal.

11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s a 2019 recruit.  You need to be more negative to understand.

It’s not a negative thing. Brooks is a 19 recruit who Archie chose to see over Romeo. Seems like a legit question to me. I didn’t realize however that if Romeo visits the campus it counts as one of Archie’s  visits. 

Just now, Bowhunter said:

It’s not a negative thing. Brooks is a 19 recruit who Archie chose to see over Romeo. Seems like a legit question to me. I didn’t realize however that if Romeo visits the campus it counts as one of Archie’s  visits. 

I’m sure these aren’t surprise visits.  Probably been scheduled for sometime. Maybe he already told Keion he’d be there today and plans to see Romeo tomorrow.  NAs toughest game will be tomorrow of the sectionals I believe

6 minutes ago, BEKA said:

FWIW, NA is absolutely crushing Seymour in the sectional opener. Jeez. It's actually kind of making me feel bad for Seymour. 

Yep. Doubled them up 84-42. Not sure why people have an issue with how this is being played. Keion tonight. Romeo tomorrow. End of frickin story. 

37 minutes ago, ephul said:

Why would you use them tonight.... lol it was 52-17 at the half... 68-17 at one point. I think it makes a way worse statement if you do actually visit in that game. Kind of like, ok I'm here... I didn't do my HW. Smh 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Doubled them up 84-42. Not sure why people have an issue with how this is being played. Keion tonight. Romeo tomorrow. End of frickin story. 

That was as close as it was all night. NA would have had 110 if they wanted. 

24 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m sure these aren’t surprise visits.  Probably been scheduled for sometime. Maybe he already told Keion he’d be there today and plans to see Romeo tomorrow.  NAs toughest game will be tomorrow of the sectionals I believe

Not when we may still be playing in the B1G tournament of we would have won last night.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why would you use them tonight.... lol it was 52-17 at the half... 68-17 at one point. I think it makes a way worse statement if you do actually visit in that game. Kind of like, ok I'm here... I didn't do my HW. Smh 

Exactly. Can’t remember who tomorrow’s opponent is but I think it’s a much tougher matchup.  

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Exactly. Can’t remember who tomorrow’s opponent is but I think it’s a much tougher matchup.  

I thought you said you were from NA?... They play FC tomorrow who is every bit as good as NA and as well coached. 

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

Why would you go see a 2019 recruit when you can watch a 2018 that’s wanting to make a decision anytime? Archie knows folks. It’s Darius Garland, Billy Donavon all over again I’m afraid.

Maybe he has been told Romeo's coming to IU so he does not have to worry anymore or he has been told Romeo is going to Vandy so who knows

Is there anyone on this site who is actually from Southern Indiana, and knows a little bit about who the Langfords are, that seriously believes IU is out of the picture?  I truly don't think any of the negativity is coming from any poster that lives south of Bloomington and north of the Ohio River.  The posters living in the New Albany area ones that people should be listening to.  

I'm just shaking my head with all the negativity from posters that don't even take the time to understand that there was absolutely zero benefit in Archie seeing Romeo play tonight against a team that they should have beat by 40, and ultimately did.  For one, you're not going to see all of Romeo.  Some of him would naturally be saved for tomorrow (against their arch-rival and the team that beat them earlier this season no-less), either by Romeo himself, or by Coach Shannon.

That tells me that those who read something ominous into Archie not being in Seymour tonight are either going to be negative regardless of what Archie and/or Romeo does, or they are intentionally trying to stir the pot when it does not need to be stirred.    

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Is there anyone on this site who is actually from Southern Indiana, and knows a little bit about who the Langfords are, that seriously believes IU is out of the picture?  I truly don't think any of the negativity is coming from any poster that lives south of Bloomington and north of the Ohio River.  The posters living in the New Albany area ones that people should be listening to.  

I'm just shaking my head with all the negativity from posters that don't even take the time to understand that there was absolutely zero benefit in Archie seeing Romeo play tonight against a team that they should have beat by 40, and ultimately did.  For one, you're not going to see all of Romeo.  Some of him would naturally be saved for tomorrow (against their arch-rival and the team that beat them earlier this season no-less), either by Romeo himself, or by Coach Shannon.

That tells me that those who read something ominous into Archie not being in Seymour tonight are either going to be negative regardless of what Archie and/or Romeo does, or they are intentionally trying to stir the pot when it does not need to be stirred.    

5fouls wins. The end. Archie would have been disrespectful to come tonight 

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yes and yes to your first 2 questions.  Archie not being there Friday means nothing.  However, if he's not there tonight Romeo is a Vandy lock.

Archived