Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good friend of mine coached Romeo at Scribner and knows the Langford’s very well. He swears that nobody knows and to think that Romeo is leaning in any particular direction is just nonsense. 

I’ve only met the Langford’s a couple of times... while I can’t claim that I know them personally, I walked away impressed after speaking to them. They’re very humble, good people. This isn’t and never was going to be an easy decision for Romeo. As I’ve stated many, many pages ago, he’s giving this recruitment it's due diligence and will decide whenever he feels the time is right.

I know this isn’t very informative as far as his decision is concerned, but to say that he’s a lock to any school at this point is irresponsible. He isn’t focused on that right now. The kid is a winner and wants to give everything that he has to another state championship run. When he cut his list to three, he essentially put any hard decisions on the back burner until his senior season at New Albany is finished. 

6 hours ago, Danomatic said:

A good friend of mine coached Romeo at Scribner and knows the Langford’s very well. He swears that nobody knows and to think that Romeo is leaning in any particular direction is just nonsense. 

I’ve only met the Langford’s a couple of times... while I can’t claim that I know them personally, I walked away impressed after speaking to them. They’re very humble, good people. This isn’t and never was going to be an easy decision for Romeo. As I’ve stated many, many pages ago, he’s giving this recruitment it's due diligence and will decide whenever he feels the time is right.

I know this isn’t very informative as far as his decision is concerned, but to say that he’s a lock to any school at this point is irresponsible. He isn’t focused on that right now. The kid is a winner and wants to give everything that he has to another state championship run. When he cut his list to three, he essentially put any hard decisions on the back burner until his senior season at New Albany is finished. 

This is how I've felt the Langford's are tackling this recruitment as well.

8 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes and yes to your first 2 questions.  Archie not being there Friday means nothing.  However, if he's not there tonight Romeo is a Vandy lock.

No, it does not mean Romeo is a Vandy lock if Archie is not there tonight. There are an infinite number of valid reasons why Archie would not be in attendance tonight.

Maybe Archie wakes up this morning with a stomach flu.

Maybe he accidently runs over his dog backing out of the driveway on the way to the game.

Maybe it's his daughter's birthday.

Maybe, just maybe. he's already arranged with the Langfords when those visits/contacts will occur, and tonight was not included because Archie was hoping/expecting to be playing in New York today.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No, it does not mean Romeo is a Vandy lock if Archie is not there tonight. There are an infinite number of valid reasons why Archie would not be in attendance tonight.

Maybe Archie wakes up this morning with a stomach flu.

Maybe he accidently runs over his dog backing out of the driveway on the way to the game.

Maybe it's his daughter's birthday.

Maybe, just maybe. he's already arranged with the Langfords when those visits/contacts will occur, and tonight was not included because Archie was hoping/expecting to be playing in New York today.

It must have been painful/nerve wracking for you to type out the scenario of a dog being run over, Scooby.  Way to be strong when considering your greatest fears. 

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Is there anyone on this site who is actually from Southern Indiana, and knows a little bit about who the Langfords are, that seriously believes IU is out of the picture?  I truly don't think any of the negativity is coming from any poster that lives south of Bloomington and north of the Ohio River.  The posters living in the New Albany area ones that people should be listening to.  

I'm just shaking my head with all the negativity from posters that don't even take the time to understand that there was absolutely zero benefit in Archie seeing Romeo play tonight against a team that they should have beat by 40, and ultimately did.  For one, you're not going to see all of Romeo.  Some of him would naturally be saved for tomorrow (against their arch-rival and the team that beat them earlier this season no-less), either by Romeo himself, or by Coach Shannon.

That tells me that those who read something ominous into Archie not being in Seymour tonight are either going to be negative regardless of what Archie and/or Romeo does, or they are intentionally trying to stir the pot when it does not need to be stirred.    

Don't stress man, this thread is very bipolar because people really want this player.  It will go back and forth another 10 times before he commits.  I have no insider knowledge, but feel like we are in good shape, and I highly doubt the Langfords have given any indication of which direction Romeo is leaning.  I really think this kid just wants to finish his high school basketball career and then make a decision. 

I think Romeo will realize we are the best place for him to showcase his talents, solid defensive team who needs scoring, and the fact he was probably going to Louisville means to me that staying close to home is something that is appealing to him.

Lots of new members on this thread!  Welcome to HSN version 3.0.  Thanks for signing up.  As Mile likes to remind people, we don't take donations, we don't do ads.  This operation is financially supported by the moderating team.  It is spritually supported by all our great members.  We are truly a grassroots organization.

31 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Why do people care if he’s at the game tonight? It means nothing. We don’t need to evaluate him. They know we want him. Coaches have very, very little contact with the player at their games.

Why not make an in-house visit instead

Haven't you heard? He is a lock to Vandy if coach isn't there tonight... 😂

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Wait... What?  I thought he was a lock to Vandy if he wasn't there LAST night?  If he is there today he is a lock to Kansas...right?  This recruiting thing is hard like math or something.

1 hour ago, Hoosier24 said:

Look for Archie to watch TJD tonight (most likely). Obviously things could change.

I don’t his assistants were at that game last night. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t out of state watching someone like Carton. Or watching someone in state like Hemingway or maybe go watch RP. I know he went and watched Damezi a couple weeks ago so maybe he goes and watches one of his Indiana commits

32 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I don’t his assistants were at that game last night. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t out of state watching someone like Carton. Or watching someone in state like Hemingway or maybe go watch RP. I know he went and watched Damezi a couple weeks ago so maybe he goes and watches one of his Indiana commits

I could see him staying up in Northern Indiana and watching either Phinisee or Damezi.

6 hours ago, 5 championships said:

or if you are a positive person then you think Archie knows he is coming so there is no need to try to get through all of that crowd at Seymour.  Also if Romeo is still going to visit IU then wouldn't that be a better time to be able to visit with Romeo and his family.

Archived