Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

I’m sorry but if RL does not commit to IU after the meat & potatoes of this IU team show up to his game then the pissed off level just went to HULK status.  I can only decipher this as a positive  for IU, I mean why would Big time IU players attend his game if he knowingly was going somewhere else?  I sure the heck wouldn’t unless I knew he was Hoosier bound?  Things that make you go hmmmm.

Just try not to get too wrapped up in it my friend! Yes, those are some positive indicators, but it is what it is... and that’s speculative.

Romeo may decide on IU, if he truly hasn’t decided yet. However I still come back to this fact.....why, if knowing where you want to go, wouldn’t you not commit to the home state school already. Especially given the droves of fans showing up for autographs. 

My personal belief is that if he’s already decided, than it’s Vandy. If he’s conflicted we stand a chance. A fella who runs another site is famous for saying “the longer a recruitment goes on, the more I bet on the hometown team”.  Let’s hope that’s the case here. 

16 minutes ago, Nesquik1 said:

Romeo may decide on IU, if he truly hasn’t decided yet. However I still come back to this fact.....why, if knowing where you want to go, wouldn’t you not commit to the home state school already. Especially given the droves of fans showing up for autographs. 

My personal belief is that if he’s already decided, than it’s Vandy. If he’s conflicted we stand a chance. A fella who runs another site is famous for saying “the longer a recruitment goes on, the more I bet on the hometown team”.  Let’s hope that’s the case here. 

I get the it’s not over til it’s over but to have our front line players show up for support w/ the potential of a hometown spurn is beyond me.  If it works then great but if not it will hurt a hell lot worse PR wise imo.  Would KY, NC, KS or Duke players risk this involvement?  

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

I get the it’s not over til it’s over but to have our front line players show up for support w/ the potential of a hometown spurn is beyond me.  If it works then great but if not it will hurt a hell lot worse PR wise imo.  Would KY, NC, KS or Duke players risk this involvement?  

The hometown spurn is what gets me too. Him not commuting makes me think it’s vandy. The current players showing up makes me thinks otherwise. 

2 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

True, I don’t know what he his thinking just the pessimist in me talking after what everything is being said.  If he was truly Hoosier bound, why wait to commit because that has everybody questioning his demeanor, character & his decision.  Of course it doesn’t help that the great IU writers or message board insiders crystal ball says Vandy, so the pessimist thinking is REAL.  Here’s why, RL hears the negativity of his brand from HN in the possibility he does not commit to IU but yet says nothing.  If a TRUE HOOSIER, you squash those rumors unless you don’t want to face the #1 fan base in College BB during your Senior season.  

My take is quite a bit different, I am ok with your opinion but think it might be off.  BGleas hits that nail as to why in this thread.

I believe he is so calculated in his approach to this recruitment that he is putting his team first.  His team is not IU, or Vandy, or Kansas at this time.  His team is NA.  This is perfect and likely why most of us want him at IU that much more.  Collected, calm and focused.  I believe it more than possible he has not committed anywhere because he is not 100% decided.  A state championship is his focus right now.  He is not doing this for attention nor to string along fans for any reason.  Anyone who believes so is doing RL a disservice.  It cannot be said enough how much heart and character the young man has.  I would not say everyone is questioning his character, demeanor and decision.  Just those that put their love of IU bball ahead of the idea that an 18 year old is taking his time in a decision for what we hope and believe are all of the right reasons.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Or maybe they wanted to watch the best HS basketball player play in the best HS tournament? I honestly think the fact that the 3 players were there is very telling.

Well I see the board has gone from a low to a high again.  Lithium time.

This is a great move in my opinion...it’s always obvious a coach wants a player...why not have potential future teammates show some love, while being subjected to the high school hoops environment that only Indiana can provide? The fact they were there could be multiple reasons, but the 2 I mention above tells a lot imo 

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Or maybe they wanted to watch the best HS basketball player play in the best HS tournament? I honestly think the fact that the 3 players were there is very telling.

Or maybe they were 3 dudes who didn't have dates on a Saturday night 

:snack:

I kid, I kid

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Really hope so. These players aren't dumb either. They know if Romeo comes to IU it brings more attention to IU, program....and better chance to get noticed too. Win win for all.

2 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

This is a great move in my opinion...it’s always obvious a coach wants a player...why not have potential future teammates show some love, while being subjected to the high school hoops environment that only Indiana can provide? The fact they were there could be multiple reasons, but the 2 I mention above tells a lot imo 

Definitely a positive. Romeo said post-game that it was cool that the IU players took time out of their Saturdays to watch him. Regardless of whether it sways Romeo or not, it's still a good look for IU basketball. I think it shows a lot about our program's beliefs and values. I hope guys like Brooks and TJD see this and realize that our support for recruits extends beyond just the commits.

55 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Funny that it was three non Indiana kids going to watch him. Means nothing, just something I noticed. 

Does IU even have 3 Indiana kids on the roster, not on scholarship.  Would not have been as noticeable had it been McBob. Jager, and Hartman, they would have looked like everyone else there, plus only 1 is on scholarship.

5 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Does IU even have 3 Indiana kids on the roster, not on scholarship.  Would not have been as noticeable had it been McBob. Jager, and Hartman, they would have looked like everyone else there, plus only 1 is on scholarship.

Vijay Blackmon walked on June of last year.  To the best of my knowledge, he is still on the team.  

Archived