Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Also...look at the 3 that went...not sure about Race, but other 2 are starters returning next year...nonverbal way of saying...hey, come play with us!

Very good point, I think Race is going to be really good for us next year, he was top 100 recruit and will have an entire year practicing, working out and learning with CAM and staff.  

At first I thought it would be a terrible sign if Archie didn’t go last night, but after thinking about it and seeing they sent players to the game, it seems like a brilliant move to me. Send some players so IU has a presence there, but hold the coaching staff visit for the state semi/finals. 

I guess you’re gambling that NA makes it, but the flip side is how does it look if Archie uses one of the visits last night and then Bryce Drew is sitting front and center at the State Finals and Archie isn’t there because he has to hold one last visit in his pocket. Plus, he got to visit Brooks and TJD this weekend. 

Great move by Archie!

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

The atmosphere last night was nuts. The officiating was honestly very good. Seems weird saying that in a HS game. 

I miss indiana basketball living out of state now.  This is a great month in the state.

The days get longer, you can play hoops outside more comfortably, the post season frenzy is on. 

Re Romeo: Man you guys are over analyzing everything. Archie is just saving visits. And the 3 IU players probably just wanted to watch an epic basketball game. I dont think either means a sign either way.

Re Race Thompson: Archie has said that Race would have had a role on this team had he not redshirted. He has been working on his outside shot hard. He will get PT next year. Remember this kid is supposed to be a HS Sr. still, just like Romeo. You might as well factor him in with the incoming recruiting class. I love Race's enthusiasm he had been the most cheerful bench player all year.

45 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I miss indiana basketball living out of state now.  This is a great month in the state.

The days get longer, you can play hoops outside more comfortably, the post season frenzy is on. 

It is fantastic.  Nothing quite like it. 

One of the special things about High School hoops is that the great players are not one and done.  You get to see groups of kids grow over the course of 3-4 years.  Usually, the teams loaded with freshmen and sophomores struggle to beat the more experienced teams, regardless of talent.  But, it all builds up to that magical year when that special group of players are seniors. 

I still remember seeing Romeo for the first time as a freshman, telling my son to remember the moment because he may never see another player that good come through Southern Indiana in his lifetime.  

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Thanks for sharing. Confirms what mile told us a week ago. 

I don't tweet hunt. So even if that tweet is from a week ago.... it is the first I have heard about a possible April announcement time. Everything else is pretty much what I had heard. 

27 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Those picks don't mean a ton in the big scheme, but have to have Vandy fans sweating.

I think one of the was at a Magic the Gathering event last night and the other was watching a Lord of the Rings marathon, but yes, when they find out about our players being there, they will BOTH be upset.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It is fantastic.  Nothing quite like it. 

One of the special things about High School hoops is that the great players are not one and done.  You get to see groups of kids grow over the course of 3-4 years.  Usually, the teams loaded with freshmen and sophomores struggle to beat the more experienced teams, regardless of talent.  But, it all builds up to that magical year when that special group of players are seniors. 

I still remember seeing Romeo for the first time as a freshman, telling my son to remember the moment because he may never see another player that good come through Southern Indiana in his lifetime.  

Idk if you've been to Southridges gym or not.. but it's an excellent gym. They have a wall dedicated to the top 10 games played in that game in its history. Very cool venue. I'll be pulling for the Dragons this weekend. 

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

As I posted separately, I was happy to see Archie skip the New Albany game. 

He has a plan in place and I'm hopeful he'll execute it perfectly. 

The Seymour Regional next week offers the chance for the IU staff to take stock further of a kid like Anthony Leal and be front and center for Trayce Jackson-Davis and, if they wish, Romeo Langford. 

Exciting times ahead. 

Can you give more info on Anthony Leal,first time I have heard that name

Archived