Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Leal plays for Indiana Elite with Galloway. Has been to IU a number of times but not surprising since he lives in Bloomington. 

A prospect to monitor, for certain. I think IU saw him in an open gym in November and believe he was at IU 2-3 times during this season. 

Coach.... coming through with the goods.  Once again !

I love it when a possible IU prospect lives in B-town.    Just makes it easier for them to make multiple unofficials.

Go get him,  Archie !

5 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Those are great pictures.  Thanks for posting.

No problem. Saw it on Twitter and thought you guys would appreciate it. 

I had to smile for a bit thinking about people on this board getting anxiety over the fact that Archie wasn't there. I think we'd all agree that having players show up instead ended up being the right call. The result was everything we could have asked for and more. Didn't burn a coaching visit, guys on the team got to chat with Romeo, and the players showed the community that even they like to partake in the Hoosier Hysteria. An overall positive look for the IUBB brand.

I was also imagining that if we were to land Romeo, what a recruiting tool it would be to have Romeo sitting in the stands next year watching KBJ and TJD play!

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Idk if you've been to Southridges gym or not.. but it's an excellent gym. They have a wall dedicated to the top 10 games played in that game in its history. Very cool venue. I'll be pulling for the Dragons this weekend. 

Have never been before, but will be there on Saturday.  The whole town of Huntingburg sounds pretty cool, with all of the movies filmed there and stuff.

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Have never been before, but will be there on Saturday.  The whole town of Huntingburg sounds pretty cool, with all of the movies filmed there and stuff.

I grew up in/around Huntingburg and graduated from Southridge.  If you're in town for the game, eat at the Gaslight.  Great pizza and sandwiches.  If they're too crowded, go to the Overtime just down the street. Good bar food. 

Heard something good/interesting this weekend. Take it for what it is worth as I don't have any direct connections to the Romeo recruitment.

Sectional basketball came up while watching UFC. I said I wonder if NA or FC won, friend said NA won a close game. Don't want to say exactly what he said in case he doesn't want me saying anything that would reveal his friend/source, but he is friends with someone who would be close to Romeo. He said that in December his friend said it was Vandy. Recently he was discussing Romeo with his friend and made a remark about Vandy and his friend said Romeo is going to IU now. He also said Kansas is out and has been for awhile.

LIke I said take it for what it's worth because until he commits he could change his mind again. I have no reason to not believe my friend as it was just us two watching UFC, and he isn't the type that would make something up to try to impress someone (me). It also is in line with what some other posters have said in that things have been trending up for IU recently/for awhile. Not sure what changed his mind, but I hope/believe it is true. 

32 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Heard something good/interesting this weekend. Take it for what it is worth as I don't have any direct connections to the Romeo recruitment.

Sectional basketball came up while watching UFC. I said I wonder if NA or FC won, friend said NA won a close game. Don't want to say exactly what he said in case he doesn't want me saying anything that would reveal his friend/source, but he is friends with someone who would be close to Romeo. He said that in December his friend said it was Vandy. Recently he was discussing Romeo with his friend and made a remark about Vandy and his friend said Romeo is going to IU now. He also said Kansas is out and has been for awhile.

LIke I said take it for what it's worth because until he commits he could change his mind again. I have no reason to not believe my friend as it was just us two watching UFC, and he isn't the type that would make something up to try to impress someone (me). It also is in line with what some other posters have said in that things have been trending up for IU recently/for awhile. Not sure what changed his mind, but I hope/believe it is true. 

Sweet.....   thanks for sharing.

McHoop

4 hours ago, cybergates said:

Seems to be trending that way with the players attending his game and a IU visit. 

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wear IU gear and yell 'Vandy Sucks'  whenever you get a chance.

Was going to suggest something similar...put on those candystripes and make sure he sees you.

...and "Vandy sucks" is a nice touch. I'd suggest adding "Drew wears his dad's hairpiece" to the mix.

39 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Was going to suggest something similar...put on those candystripes and make sure he sees you.

...and "Vandy sucks" is a nice touch. I'd suggest adding "Drew wears his dad's hairpiece" to the mix.

If I went I would do it. Speaking of candy stripes, I went to the Indiana at MSU game back in January of 2013 when IU was ranked #1 and MSU was #3 or #4. Great game that we pulled out in the last minute or so. I went out at halftime to get something to drink and there was a whole family in candy stripes. Dad, Mom and two little kids. They had the whole warm up on. It was pretty neat. I took a picture but for the life of me I can't find it. 

6 hours ago, jefftheref said:

If I went I would do it. Speaking of candy stripes, I went to the Indiana at MSU game back in January of 2013 when IU was ranked #1 and MSU was #3 or #4. Great game that we pulled out in the last minute or so. I went out at halftime to get something to drink and there was a whole family in candy stripes. Dad, Mom and two little kids. They had the whole warm up on. It was pretty neat. I took a picture but for the life of me I can't find it. 

I am the same way sometimes.

It's called getting old 

:D

Question: I read an article and it looks like Silver is getting ready to do something about the one and done rule. I don't think it is possible to change it this year before the draft, would it have any impact on Romeo. I personally think he would like to go to College, so it would not matter. I also think only a small percentage of players would still consider going straight into the NBA, so we would still have the problems. Emmert chimed in today he thinks the key to funding athletes so they are paid is player endorsements. It will take years for the NCAA to figure something out.

OK, off topic, so it the one and done rule was gone, would it affect Romeo?

Something to ponder for those concerned about Romeo's quote "Great players like to play with other great players. I think that only makes you better." as a sign he's going to pick Vandy.

Kansas current 247 class ranking - 6th

Vanderbilt current 247 class ranking - 7th

IU current 247 class ranking - 20th

If he wants to play with other great recruits, KU (6th) has a better class ranking than Vandy (7th).

If he wants to play with other great players (recruits and returning players) Kansas (Azubuike) and IU (Morgan) have better returning players than Vandy (Lee).

If he commits to KU or Vandy their class moves up to #2 (nobody is beating Duke's payroll this year), if he commits to IU we move up to #6 ahead of both KU and Vandy according to 247 Class Calculator.

3 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Something to ponder for those concerned about Romeo's quote "Great players like to play with other great players. I think that only makes you better." as a sign he's going to pick Vandy.

If he wants to play with other great recruits, KU (6th) has a better class ranking than Vandy (7th).

If he wants to play with other great players (recruits and returning players) Kansas (Azubuike) and IU (Morgan) have better returning players than Vandy (Lee).

If he commits to KU or Vandy their class moves up to #2 (nobody is beating Duke's payroll this year), if he commits to IU we move up to #6 ahead of both KU and Vandy according to 247 Class Calculator.

Thanks for the above information! This just shows you how much our current 2018 4* signees impact our roster. I feel we are a sleeping giant. IF we are the "privileged" college Romeo finally chooses, this giant could become a MONSTER. Especially if Morgan decides to return. 

9 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I think you’re over analyzing. If he commits to IU he will be on a better team than if he commits to Vandy. I don’t think there’s much question there. Plus, if you’re looking at just incoming freshmen, not much difference between Phinisee and Garland from a talent standpoint IMO, nor is there much difference between Hunter and Shittu. Add Anderson into the mix and I’d rather have our guys. Plus, all the other factors involved lean IU. IMO, it simply comes down to relationship with Garland vs everything else IU. 

7 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

NA head coach Jim Shannon just confirmed that Archie will be at the regional in Seymour on Saturday to watch Romeo.  With two games on Saturday, it wasn’t specified which game he will attend.

This pretty much confirms the notion that these game "visits" are typically not out of the blue. They are mostly pre-planned and known by the recruit and coach.

Archived