Romeo Langford

31 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Something to ponder for those concerned about Romeo's quote "Great players like to play with other great players. I think that only makes you better." as a sign he's going to pick Vandy.

Kansas current 247 class ranking - 6th

Vanderbilt current 247 class ranking - 7th

IU current 247 class ranking - 20th

If he wants to play with other great recruits, KU (6th) has a better class ranking than Vandy (7th).

If he wants to play with other great players (recruits and returning players) Kansas (Azubuike) and IU (Morgan) have better returning players than Vandy (Lee).

If he commits to KU or Vandy their class moves up to #2 (nobody is beating Duke's payroll this year), if he commits to IU we move up to #6 ahead of both KU and Vandy according to 247 Class Calculator.

Something to think about also is that Race Thompson was transferred over to the 2018 class. Him being added to Archie's first recruiting class would move us up spots as well.

While landing Romeo would only give us one 5-star player, we'd nonetheless have Top 150 talent at every position (assuming Forrester would play center). That's tough for any team to handle. 

As for Romeo's OAD concerns, he mentioned he would stay in college as long as it took for him to be fully prepared for the NBA. 

If Romeo is planning on staying for more than one year, then I'd feel more confident about IU landing him. Even looking at Vandy's targets for next year, the only 5-star player they are going after atm is Wiseman. With Romeo committed for the 19-20 season, I'd be shocked if we couldn't land a recruiting class better than Vandy's by next year with guys like TJD and KBJ.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

NA head coach Jim Shannon just confirmed that Archie will be at the regional in Seymour on Saturday to watch Romeo.  With two games on Saturday, it wasn’t specified which game he will attend.

This makes me feel much better about this recruitment 

1 hour ago, CrimsonV said:

NA head coach Jim Shannon just confirmed that Archie will be at the regional in Seymour on Saturday to watch Romeo.  With two games on Saturday, it wasn’t specified which game he will attend.

Can't he stay for both since they are on the same day?

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That is a good question.... and one that has been subject to interpretation.  Some say same day constitutes one visit.  Others say one game constitutes one visit.  I truly don't have a definitive answer for  you . 

Edit to add :  IU_Realist must have been typing at same time as me.  Basically the same answer from the both of us.  LOL

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’m not sure the exact rule on this scenario.  The potential late game match up could include Center Grove with TJD.  He’s been watched a lot recently so not sure where the tally sits with him.  

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think you’re over analyzing. If he commits to IU he will be on a better team than if he commits to Vandy. I don’t think there’s much question there. Plus, if you’re looking at just incoming freshmen, not much difference between Phinisee and Garland from a talent standpoint IMO, nor is there much difference between Hunter and Shittu. Add Anderson into the mix and I’d rather have our guys. Plus, all the other factors involved lean IU. IMO, it simply comes down to relationship with Garland vs everything else IU. 

I agree with you ky and think this isn't talked about enough. I believe someone mentioned it a few pages back but KU aside and without romeo - IU is returning a much stronger team compared to Vandy, if Juwan comes back. If Juwan isn't back I think we still return a stronger roster. Add race into the mix like hoosierdave notes...

2 minutes ago, Max said:

I agree with you ky and think this isn't talked about enough. I believe someone mentioned it a few pages back but KU aside and without romeo - IU is returning a much stronger team compared to Vandy, if Juwan comes back. If Juwan isn't back I think we still return a stronger roster. Add race into the mix like hoosierdave notes...

Our 3-5 will be stronger than most teams.  Not many schools are returning what we are returning at these positions.  

Smith (4 star), Morgan (4 star), Davis (4 star), Thompson (4 star), Hunter (4 star), Anderson (4 star), and Forrester (3 star).

We get Romeo and it strengthens our guard position by a whole lot.  We still need a player capable of helping out Phinisee adapt.  However, we get Romeo and we are a top 15 team I believe.  Not too many teams can touch our 2-5 then.  

25 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

FYI

Link for the regional games this weekend (TJD and Romeo): https://livestream.com/iscsportsnetwork/events/8091971

In addition to the above,  in case you knuckleheads aren't aware.....

If.... you possess a ROKU,  you can "subscribe"(free) to the IHSAA TV site and watch the rest of the tournament via your flat screen and/or laptop.... 

I watched the NA-FC championship this way.

McHoop

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

Something to ponder for those concerned about Romeo's quote "Great players like to play with other great players. I think that only makes you better." as a sign he's going to pick Vandy.

Kansas current 247 class ranking - 6th

Vanderbilt current 247 class ranking - 7th

IU current 247 class ranking - 20th

If he wants to play with other great recruits, KU (6th) has a better class ranking than Vandy (7th).

If he wants to play with other great players (recruits and returning players) Kansas (Azubuike) and IU (Morgan) have better returning players than Vandy (Lee).

If he commits to KU or Vandy their class moves up to #2 (nobody is beating Duke's payroll this year), if he commits to IU we move up to #6 ahead of both KU and Vandy according to 247 Class Calculator.

This does not take into consideration current roster talent.  I'd say Justin Smith and Morgan are better than anyone on Vanderbilts roster (current or future)

48 minutes ago, McHoop said:

If.... you possess a ROKU,  you can "subscribe"(free) to the IHSAA TV site and watch the rest of the tournament via your flat screen and/or laptop.... 

McHoop

Saturday I watched the NA game on my big screen through my son's XBOX

1 hour ago, McHoop said:

McHoop

I posses more than one Roku, and did not know this.  So I thank you for letting us know.

Now.... in terms of the of the phrase knuckleheads.   Doug Moe, who once coached the Denver Nuggets, would refer to people he loved as "Stiffs".  I am honored to be named a knucklehead in the same context.

And then.... long before many on this site were born, there was Paul Winchell, Jerry Mahoney, and Knucklehead Smith.

Paul Winchell-Knucklehead Gets Fired! 

Archived