Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NY hoosier said:

Vandy board is an odd mix of baseball, football & hoops. Limited talk of Romeo and the potential of a trio of 5 *

I was bored so I googled and found a board, and though I didn't see any current posts about Langford specifically, there was one about EJ Montgomery setting up an official visit, so now they're talking about running off players so that they can land 4 5-star recruits since Vandy currently have no open scholarships. 

To the credit of some of their posters they don't like the idea of Drew running off players, but others are suggesting giving the players being run off academic scholarships, because apparently if you're not good enough to play for Vanderbilt, then you can't transfer and play basketball somewhere else.  Lol.

Also, one person questioned how is it possible that the Commodores are suddenly in on so many 5-star recruits, and they pretty much think it's because everyone wants to play with Darius Garland...yeah, that's it.

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't know. But just wondering if anyone has been to the Vandy BB board (if they have one), and what are they saying?

Be interesting to know.....

I wonder how many people from Nashville will connect to Roku to watch Romeo?

:snack:

10 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I wonder how many people from Nashville will connect to Roku to watch Romeo?

:snack:

I would seriously consider it. The older I get, the more I enjoy watching from my recliner instead of on a hard plank rubbing shoulders between two fat sweaty guys.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I would seriously consider it. The older I get, the more I enjoy watching from my recliner instead of on a hard plank rubbing shoulders between two fat sweaty guys.

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would that make you a SMELLERMAKER?

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Hmm.  When I walk into a gym for a game, I seek out a nice, comfy spot between two beautiful women.  As far as the hard plank.....well.  :coffee:

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hmm.  When I walk into a gym for a game, I seek out a nice, comfy spot between two beautiful women.  As far as the hard plank.....well.  :coffee:

Which wives would they be?

1 hour ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I was bored so I googled and found a board, and though I didn't see any current posts about Langford specifically, there was one about EJ Montgomery setting up an official visit, so now they're talking about running off players so that they can land 4 5-star recruits since Vandy currently have no open scholarships. 

To the credit of some of their posters they don't like the idea of Drew running off players, but others are suggesting giving the players being run off academic scholarships, because apparently if you're not good enough to play for Vanderbilt, then you can't transfer and play basketball somewhere else.  Lol.

Also, one person questioned how is it possible that the Commodores are suddenly in on so many 5-star recruits, and they pretty much think it's because everyone wants to play with Darius Garland...yeah, that's it.

Same, pretty pathetic. Couldn’t find a single post about Romeo on any vandy boards.

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would that make you a SMELLERMAKER?

That actually happened (on one side) at a NASCAR race in Michigan years back. Worse yet, the dude was hammered and spent the whole race shouting commentary in my ear (and spitting on it at the same time).  That was the last NASCAR race I ever saw live. Dude was definitely a Smellermaker.

1 hour ago, Max said:

Same, pretty pathetic. Couldn’t find a single post about Romeo on any vandy boards.

Some people just want to fly under the radar. There's nothing with that. I think people get caught up on the spot light like everybody craves it. Maybe he just wants to work on his game low key and play with his boy? 

History, the spotlight, and attention isn't everything. 

Just my two cents. I see both sides. 

23 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Some people just want to fly under the radar. There's nothing with that. I think people get caught up on the spot light like everybody craves it. Maybe he just wants to work on his game low key and play with his boy? 

History, the spotlight, and attention isn't everything. 

Just my two cents. I see both sides. 

He's been in the spotlight since 8th grade. 

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He's been in the spotlight since 8th grade. 

In addition, it’s been mentioned several times that him and DG are friends but so are a lot of these kids who have playing on the circuit for years. As far as saying “they’re boys”, idk about that. I don’t buy that they’re good friends. 

Separately... majority of what’s written on vandy side has been centered around the team + academics. This bothers me even more because there is no difference between IU and vandy. Undergrad is undergrad. Education is primarily the same between these schools. Hopefully he’s got someone shooting him straight on the topic. IU has visible alumni all over the business/professional world. I’ll take that all day. Vanderbilt education my ass, this isn’t ivy leagues. If it was Ivy League I’d say ok, there’s an arguement. 

I simply do not see it with Vanderbilt. I get Kansas, that’s a phenomenal basketball program.

1 minute ago, Max said:

In addition, it’s been mentioned several times that him and DG are friends but so are a lot of these kids who have playing on the circuit for years. As far as saying “they’re boys”, idk about that. I don’t buy that they’re good friends. 

Separately... majority of what’s written on vandy side has been centered around the team + academics. This bothers me even more because there is no difference between IU and vandy. Undergrad is undergrad. Education is primarily the same between these schools. Hopefully he’s got someone shooting him straight on the topic. IU has visible alumni all over the business/professional world. I’ll take that all day. Vanderbilt education my ass, this isn’t ivy leagues. If it was Ivy League I’d say ok, there’s an arguement. 

I simply do not see it with Vanderbilt. I get Kansas, that’s a phenomenal basketball program.

Good post Max. I love this site but it's very echo chamberish. There's obvious reasons that Romeo might not want to come here but the majority of posters literally cannot even wrap their hands around the idea of it. It's frustrating. I've made my points and I'm not trying to get into any debates so I'll be logging out for a day or two.

58 minutes ago, Indykev said:

So are you saying he wont be playing in the NBA?

This is the type of echo chamber / dissension response type post to anything anti IU that I'm talking about Kev. 

In what world does my post come off like that?

I just don't rate IU as a hot prospect. 

You guys talk about about this being an open place for IU fans but anything the other way instantly gets rebuffed. 

14 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

This is the type of echo chamber / dissension response type post to anything anti IU that I'm talking about Kev. 

In what world does my post come off like that?

I just don't rate IU as a hot prospect. 

You guys talk about about this being an open place for IU fans but anything the other way instantly gets rebuffed. 

You said what you wanted. I replied. Sorry i'm not allowed to. You said maybe he doesn't want the spotlight, I say other wise. Good debate, what's the problem?

10 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I would say this forum is the most open and free forum of any, IU or otherwise.

Its not so much that anything unpopular is instantly rebuffed, but counterpoints are made to present a healthy debate.

You mentioned a valid possibility as to why Romeo may not want to come to IU.  Exposure.  IU would provide, the NBA would do the same.  That is all Kev was saying.  Maybe Romeo would like a break, I don't know.  Its not that we cannot wrap our heads around the possibility that he may desire to go elsewhere.  Its merely easy for us to defend our position without accusing those with opposing viewpoints of an inability to wrap their head around the concept.

That would be an echo chamber if I disagreed and offered no counterpoint.

All of that said, yes its still possible RL doesn't choose IU.  Take your break if you need, but I enjoy your posts despite them being contrary oft times.  Its what makes this forum great.

I really appreciate the post and this is the type of feedback I can respond to. 

I'm negative IU guy. I'm sorry. I don't want to be that way but it's clear as day that our results have given me that right. I still project IU as a blueblood and we don't have those results. I'd like to chime in with my two cents but I don't want to be quoted X amount of times with disagreements and be the only one. My problem is that I feel like I'm one of the few being ostracized for posting anything that the older hierarchy doesn't like.

I know for a FACT that mile doesn't want it to be this way either. dmb being the joke of the forum doesn't help either. I don't think dmb is a joke either. He just pushes his opinions because you push him.

5 hours ago, Max said:

Vandy is the equivalent of Ivy League. It's pretty similar. 

I get what you're saying, and I personally hold the view that there's not a ton of added value in going to an elite private undergrad instead of a top tier public undergrad, but not everyone feels that way. Vanderbilt is definitely a significantly more highly ranked school academically (again, we can question whether there's value in academic rankings, but enough people believe in it that we can't dismiss it).

Archived