Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah...I don't see that either. No question he's interested in engineering, but as I said earlier, get your degree, but do it in something that's actually useful when you've retired from the NBA.  He could actually use accounting/finance to manage his fortune after he retires.

IRRC, Haas is also an engineering student at Smellermaker U.  It's a whole lot more likely he'll actually use an engineering degree than Romeo.

Haas is NOT an engineering student. His degree will be in selling and sales management. 

Getting to Know: Isaac Haas

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Haas is NOT an engineering student. His degree will be in selling and sales management. 

Getting to Know: Isaac Haas

Looks like he changed majors:

http://gadsdenmessenger.com/2013/11/22/eagles’-haas-signs-with-purdue/

"Haas, who maintains a 4.0 GPA, drew interest from Ivy League schools. He plans on studying either biomedical engineering or sports medicine. 

“Purdue’s engineering program is tops in the country, but either way, you can’t go wrong with either major,” he said."

2 minutes ago, Nesquik1 said:

What ever happened to John Decker from HoosierNation?

Since  you ask.  He abandoned HoosierNation, when it failed to meet Scout's income requirements.  Left in the middle of the night. Without notifying his active moderators.... me and Jaybob.  I tracked him to Iowa, where he was originally from. And his friend .... The Fourth Estate.  That job did not work out for him.  And he returned to B-town and currently runs and organizes IU camps for the IU coaches. 

I will add... failing to meet Scout's and now 247 income goals is nothing new. In fact in terms of 247, it currently is happening to the Vandy Admin's who have not gotten paid in months.  It happened to two other IU Hoosier Nation  guys, one who got fired from the IndyStar to take over Decker's abandoned site, and now is writing for a small syndicate of newspapers in Indiana.  The other has his own web blog, dealing with Indiana sports and IU.

One of the reasons why.... as long as I have anything to do with it..... Hoosier Sports Nation will continue to be independent and FREE to all who care to join.

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Looks like he changed majors:

http://gadsdenmessenger.com/2013/11/22/eagles’-haas-signs-with-purdue/

"Haas, who maintains a 4.0 GPA, drew interest from Ivy League schools. He plans on studying either biomedical engineering or sports medicine. 

“Purdue’s engineering program is tops in the country, but either way, you can’t go wrong with either major,” he said."

Ha. Ha.  The only reason I knew he was not an engineering major, is that during his last BTT game.... they mentioned what he was majoring in. 

Hey sales can be a very honorable and lucrative job.  I have known many honest salesmen who have earning mucho bucks for decades.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Ha. Ha.  The only reason I knew he was not an engineering major, is that during his last BTT game.... they mentioned what he was majoring in. 

Hey sales can be a very honorable and lucrative job.  I have known many honest salesmen who have earning mucho bucks for decades.

Last post on this derail, but it's ironic that he went to Purdue for engineering and ended up majoring in a much more common field that he could have found at a lot of schools.  

Just another reason to discount a basketball player's decision being based on academics I guess.

36 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

For those who get upset when an “insider” gets something incorrect, you may want to get a different hobby.  These people are just passing along information that they’re hearing at that time.  Things change very quickly and sometimes even people in the situation have no clue what may happen (see Jared Jeffries).  There are other posters on here that make the same absolute remarks, and just because they’re not considered “insiders” don’t take near as much heat as the others when they’re wrong.  Yet, they want all of the praise when they guess correctly.  That’s extremely hypocritical.  All of the information brought to the board should be taken with a grain of salt.  I’m an IU fan and like to believe all of the good rumors that come to the board, but I’m realistic too and don’t expect everything that’s said to come true.  At the end of the day, it’s just people getting together talking about a basketball program that they love for one reason or another.  There are other things in life more important to get upset about other than a message board.

I really think you are missing the point completely.  

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Last post on this derail, but it's ironic that he went to Purdue for engineering and ended up majoring in a much more common field that he could have found at a lot of schools.  

Just another reason to discount a basketball player's decision being based on academics I guess.

I believe I read that haas was going to WF until their coach was canned.  PU kind of lucked into him.

7 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

I really think you are missing the point completely.  

No I don’t think so.  There’s a double standard on the board.  Maybe you’re missing the point?

Edit: Feel free to PM me.  Don’t want to hash this out in the Romeo thread

7 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

No I don’t think so.  There’s a double standard on the board.  Maybe you’re missing the point?

Edit: Feel free to PM me.  Don’t want to hash this out in the Romeo thread

I think it was covered well on page 132 of this thread.  It isn't what information is being presented, it's how it's being present (as absolutes). That's just my opinion though. I've given my thoughts, we will most likely agree to disagree. 😊

I find this board to be entertaining if nothing else. It’s the best place that I’ve found to talk hoops. I’ve followed Mile and others since 2011 or so, and enjoy the friendly banter as well. I do like clarity and I’m also sceptic of the absolutes, mainly due in part that things do change. I don’t however, hold anyone accountable for being misinformed. Because after all, we are talking basketball and decisions made by kids. Carry on, gents! ✌🏻

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Vandy’s fan joins us on Romeo watch, as they lose to Georgia 78-62 and finish the year 12-20. 

I think you should put FAN in caps. Haha. Reminds me of a line I used whenever I found myself on Purdue's campus with varying success. When talking to an attractive Purdue girl I'd say, "I heard about you. You're THE hot girl at Purdue. I wasn't sure if you were real or not." Some were flattered. Some were pissed, especially if they're girl friends were around. 

I received an Electric Consumer magazine in the mail through REMC. Romeo was on the cover and they asked him five questions. One was what career path he would follow if basketball wasn't in his future. He said he would probably study to be an architech.

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I find this board to be entertaining if nothing else. It’s the best place that I’ve found to talk hoops. I’ve followed Mile and others since 2011 or so, and enjoy the friendly banter as well. I do like clarity and I’m also sceptic of the absolutes, mainly due in part that things do change. I don’t however, hold anyone accountable for being misinformed. Because after all, we are talking basketball and decisions made by kids. Carry on, gents! ✌🏻

Yes. In fact, as I have been saying for years, after all we are talking about teenagers.  Having raised one of my own.... I know how they can change on the turn of a dime.

"But you said you loved ________________  just yesterday."  " Dad.... I never said that ! "    LOL

5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

My only problem I see with the Kansas hype is the fact That Romeo never visited their campus. 

Wouldn't you visit a school before you committed there?

I agree with the logic behind that.  However, I can't recall who it was, but I am thinking during the Crean years we had a kid commit to IU who never visited the campus.  Might have been a kid from Florida.... I can't recall who.  And who.... though committing to IU, never wound up at IU. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I agree with the logic behind that.  However, I can't recall who it was, but I am thinking during the Crean years we had a kid commit to IU who never visited the campus.  Might have been a kid from Florida.... I can't recall who.  And who.... though committing to IU, never wound up at IU. 

Ron Patterson?

Archived