Romeo Langford

21 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

Did Noah V ever visit? I remember that coming out of left field 

I can't find anything that says he did visit.  Noah did reclassify, and Tom did travel to visit him.

Still... the kid I am thinking of was from Florida.  Everyone wondered why Crean would even offer him.  Just can't recall the name.... although Williams sounds like it could be.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

I believe it, but after a year, once the money is there, I just don't buy it.

I believe Romeo doesn't expect to be OAD coming into college.  I feel he is looking to play 2 years minimum at this time.  Countless articles talk of RLs humility.

However, a stellar freshman season and a lottery pick CAN change his perspective.  Hopefully we find out either way while he wears the candy stripes.

It is funny how the tone of this recruitment changes every few days.  Some days the talk is positive towards IU and some days it goes negative like it has the last day or so.  I am just ready for this recruitment to come to a close so we can move on one way or the other.  I am hoping that the fact that Archie is going to the game Saturday as a good sign as well if Romeo makes one more visit to IU.

I do not think the 3 coaches have any idea which way this recruitment is going. The Langford's have kept everything close to the vest. It is possible RL has made his decision and chose VU or Kansas, and just waiting for the IHSAA Tournament to conclude before announcing. The fact they want to visit IU and take a hard look at the Academic opportunities makes me believe that someone in his camp is leaning IU. CAM will use one of his final 2 visits this Saturday to watch a few of his prospects play under the big lights. It will. Be interesting to see when he chooses to use his final opportunity.

Hopefully we only have a few more weeks to find out Romeo's decision. I'm from Jeffersonville and I run into guys that played at New Albany for coach Shannon. They all think he's gonna end up at IU but at the end of the day that's just their opinion. I do know coach Shannon is a huge IU fan so maybe that can help out.

31 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

I do not think the 3 coaches have any idea which way this recruitment is going. The Langford's have kept everything close to the vest. It is possible RL has made his decision and chose VU or Kansas, and just waiting for the IHSAA Tournament to conclude before announcing. The fact they want to visit IU and take a hard look at the Academic opportunities makes me believe that someone in his camp is leaning IU. CAM will use one of his final 2 visits this Saturday to watch a few of his prospects play under the big lights. It will. Be interesting to see when he chooses to use his final opportunity.

It *seems* like the most specific positive comments about IU have come from Tim Langford.  Of course the problem is that fans like us generally try to interpret quotes, comments, and actions.  Trying to look at things objectively, based solely on factual information, I haven't seen anything that strongly indicates a preference or that a decision has been finalized.  One thing I honestly believe is that we're definitely still under consideration based on the plans to make one more visit to B-Town.

On the subject of KU, they've been sort of the quiet giant over the past many months and there's no real reason to disregard their chances.  That said, the posts that are circulating over the last couple of days are kind of worthless.  The first is from KUsports.com that contains quotes about KU but omits the quotes about the other two schools.  The other, that claims it's always been KU or VU similarly cites quotes about KU, but ignores very similar quotes in the same article about the other schools (specifically IU).  Let's face it, unless there's a leak from the Langford camp (not likely at this point), there is a higher chance of IU "insiders" getting info than the other schools due to proximity and exposure - but there's no evidence that anything substantial has been revealed.

8 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

To be honest, I think these long drawn out recruitments are a little silly. I am sure he's pretty certain where he wants to go by now. I do think the longer it drags out, the better shot IU has. Home is where the heart is. 

Something positive to keep in mind was most people think at one time he was a hometown lock to Louisville. Once UL blew up and they were removed from consideration, there is only one finalist remaining that is a hometown/state school.

15 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I think this seals it...he put us furthest left of the three. Since everyone reads left to right, this can only mean we are first on his mind and thus IU will be his pick. 

:coffee:

But what if that picture was taken in a mirror? 

Some recruitments are just difficult to read for a number of reasons.  I think this is one of them.  The Langfords have been pretty close-lipped and have run a tight ship.  This is a big recruitment for IU, and many of us are reaching for any sign positive or negative.  So we have a few weeks or maybe more to wait and speculate.

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I really don't think Romeo is thinking about KSOB.  The school I have a degree from.  Rather, his interests run engineering, and IU's burgeoning engineering program. Engineering... one of the reason's Romeo's interests went Vandy's way.

School of Engineering | Vanderbilt University

And as I posted earlier.  Romeo is an honors student.  He is smart. 

Hmmmm, "Langford School of Engineering." That has a nice ring to it! 

My friend, who coached Romeo at Scribner and remains close to the Langfords said that his parents are big on IU, but it’s ultimately his decision. Which I absolutely respect. Like I’ve said previously, I have no inside information and neither does my guy. They’ve kept this extremely close to the vest and there isn’t any leaks in the camp/family. He is also close with Coach Shannon and obviously they’d all love to see Romeo stay home, but aren’t privy to what he’s thinking. I like our chances, but remain hesitant to buy in at the moment.

51 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

My friend, who coached Romeo at Scribner and remains close to the Langfords said that his parents are big on IU, but it’s ultimately his decision. Which I absolutely respect. Like I’ve said previously, I have no inside information and neither does my guy. They’ve kept this extremely close to the vest and there isn’t any leaks in the camp/family. He is also close with Coach Shannon and obviously they’d all love to see Romeo stay home, but aren’t privy to what he’s thinking. I like our chances, but remain hesitant to buy in at the moment.

Might sound like he does not want to disappoint his parents but he may want to play with Garland at Vandy so that could be what is taking so long for a decision.  Also maybe he just wants to wait until the season is over so he can make the right decision.

I think it's unfair for us to question Romeo on how long it is taking.  For starters, I assune very few of us have proffesional basketball aspirations.  And, just because others make early decisions does not mean that approach works for everyone

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think it's unfair for us to question Romeo on how long it is taking.  For starters, I assune very few of us have proffesional basketball aspirations.  And, just because others make early decisions does not mean that approach works for everyone

No question about that.  We're bystanders with no real say in where/when he announces.

One thing I've found in life is that it's best to gather as much information and take as much time as needed - and even then you can still make the wrong decision.

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Here's a better analogy, let's say you have "genius" who can get into any school he/she wants. He/she applies to the top 20 schools and gets into all of them. At the end of the process, he/she probably knows which school they want to go to with pretty quickly. I am not saying Romeo has any duty or responsibility to tell the public, but I think he knows where he wants to go. I think most kids know where they really want to go. Unless he gets hurt, he'll most likely be successful where ever he goes. When it comes to being a pro, if you have the talent, you just need the will and work ethic. Tons of guys go to "lesser" schools and become NBA players. I say this because ultimately I think he'll choose the school that will provide the best "college experience". He probably already knows where that is, but is allowing himself to fully enjoy the high school experience first? I don't know. Just my thoughts. 

Archived