Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Romeo and how long he stays in school...

A very recent article, Romeo is quoted as saying he will stay in school until he feels he's fully prepared for the NBA. Not when his draft stock is highest, not when he's a guaranteed lottery, not when the "time is right"...when he's fully prepared. Straight from Romeo.

I don't get this insistence amongst so many people on here that he's a OAD. Maybe he is. He's certainly good enough. But repeatedly, Tim and Romeo want the coach that will get the most out of Romeo. The one that will push him. 

To be honest, if he had full plans to play one season and then head to the NBA, he probably would have picked a school by now. When it comes to OAD, there's not that much to think about.

To those asking why hasn't he committed already, I ask what incentive does he have to commit to anywhere before he absolutely has to?  He has already seen one of his schools completely blown up in the blink of an eye (Louisville), so why not wait until the very end to make sure nothing else changes/comes to light negatively with his remaining schools?  He will have a spot regardless of when he decides because of his talent level, so if it were me, I wait until the very last day to make a decision, especially when you factor in the FBI investigation and having no idea who might be affected and not.

28 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

You wanna talk politics in hoops? Anyone we know missing?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/971752470274744321

Could have been left off because he is going to play in some of the other exhibition games.  I could swear there is a limit (maybe 2 or 3?) that they are allowed to play.  If you do McDonald's, then Indiana All-Stars, that leaves him maybe one more he is eligible to play in?

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is funny how the tone of this recruitment changes every few days.  Some days the talk is positive towards IU and some days it goes negative like it has the last day or so.  I am just ready for this recruitment to come to a close so we can move on one way or the other.  I am hoping that the fact that Archie is going to the game Saturday as a good sign as well if Romeo makes one more visit to IU.

No one is forcing you to check into the RL recruitment. It is the most important decision to date for the young man. He should take his time. 

11 minutes ago, BDB said:

No one is forcing you to check into the RL recruitment. It is the most important decision to date for the young man. He should take his time. 

I don't think his post was meant to force Romeo to make a decision lol.

Just a RUMOR: and I can’t emphasize this enough, because I don’t know the source and will NOT state this as fact. HOWEVER... Rumor has it that Sean East is expected to receive an offer from Archie Miller within the next 24-36 hours. IF this is in fact true, I think the writing will be on the wall. AGAIN, this is a RUMOR... just passing on a little nugget, that may or may not be true.

4 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Just a RUMOR: and I can’t emphasize this enough, because I don’t know the source and will NOT state this as fact. HOWEVER... Rumor has it that Sean East is expected to receive an offer from Archie Miller within the next 24-36 hours. IF this is in fact true, I think the writing will be on the wall. AGAIN, this is a RUMOR... just passing on a little nugget, that may or may not be true.

For those that don't know.  Sean East is a New Albany teammate of Romeo. 

8 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Would that be good writing on the wall or bad? 

Good to connect teammates at IU or bad as he is a guard recruit who functions as a backup?

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

For those that don't know.  Sean East is a New Albany teammate of Romeo. 

Yes he is.  And if anything, he could become a preferred walk on.  Intel tells me there is not a thought given to a scholarship offer. 

9 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Well, this obviously shows we're out of the running for Romeo since we're offering another guard........ :coffee:

12 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I would love that. And a few guys can vouch for this. I've said for the past few weeks/months, this kid is High D1. Terrific with the ball in his hands. I'd love to have him even if Romeo didn't come. He's such a smart, heads up player.

Anyone remember Dee Davis?

15 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Thanks for the info. Not sure I believe it, but doesn’t matter what I think. Does he have other offers? 

Just now, ephul said:

I would love that. And a few guys can vouch for this. I've said for the past few weeks/months, this kid is High D1. Terrific with the ball in his hands. I'd love to have him even if Romeo didn't come. He's such a smart, heads up player.

Anyone remember Dee Davis?

A lot of people would also vouch that he's nowhere close to a high D1 player. IMO, if he was, he would have at least one high D1 offer, considering how many of those schools have been to see Romeo.

That said, whether he comes to IU as a scholarship player or a preferred walk-on (my guess is walk-on), I would not put limits on the kid as to what he can accomplish. We have seen "non-high D1" kids become good high D1 players.

Just now, Coach Robby said:

Thanks for the info. Not sure I believe it, but doesn’t matter what I think. Does he have other offers? 

I don't believe he does, and the fact that no Mid D1 program is after him baffles me. Either something is keeping them away, or everyone just completely screwed the pooch. Kid can flat out ball.

1 minute ago, cohete15 said:

A lot of people would also vouch that he's nowhere close to a high D1 player. IMO, if he was, he would have at least one high D1 offer, considering how many of those schools have been to see Romeo.

That said, whether he comes to IU as a scholarship player or a preferred walk-on (my guess is walk-on), I would not put limits on the kid as to what he can accomplish. We have seen "non-high D1" kids become good high D1 players.

Have those people seen him play that say he's not close to a high D1?

I've watched him play numerous times. Can't believe the Xaviers, Cincinnati's etc. of the world aren't all over him. Honestly, if I was Vandy, I would've offered him for sure.

Again, maybe there is a reason for that, but it's not due to his game. There's been a hell of a lot of lesser talented kids get bigger offers.

I’ve watched East play, as have many of you... and it’s hard to believe that he hasn’t been on anyone’s radar. He is lightning quick with the ball and can shoot. He shot 50% from behind the arc this season. I honestly don’t remember anyone at the high school level going coast to coast faster. 

That being said... just something I heard and can’t confirm. 

Archived