Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, milehiiu said:

So.... I am watching the NA/BS game.  And I see Romeo take the ball full court and just ease the ball in over a defender.  And I say to myself :  "Man he is smooth."  And then just after that ... the game announcers says: "So smooth."  LOL

He really is just smooth. Scary part is what will he look like when that next level motor gets going....and all the great ones have that next level. And another level and another. Part of Archie's appeal has to be his demeanor too. I'll push and push you Romeo.

Not to derail...but I think I really will be heartbroken if Vandy ends up with him. Being a native of Illinois this is my biggest recruitment interest since Gordon. Probably for IU as a program as well.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

He really is just smooth. Scary part is what will he look like when that next level motor gets going....and all the great ones have that next level. And another level and another. Part of Archie's appeal has to be his demeanor too. I'll push and push you Romeo.

Not to derail...but I think I really will be heartbroken if Vandy ends up with him. Being a native of Illinois this is my biggest recruitment interest since Gordon. Probably for IU as a program as well.

My son got sick and tired of my talking about Cody Zeller..... that was until De'Ron Davis was offered by IU..... LOL

Anyone found pictures of the coaches at the game? Or RP? Any idea if current IU players are there again?

BTW, this 4th quarter is brutal. BHS is down by 22 and they're fouling every single time down the floor. Just dragging it out and increasing the NA lead.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry for all of the posts. Twitter is on rapid fire this morning. Bryant Mcintosh from Northwestern checking in at Seymour as well. I forget these players are fans too. That scene down there will be talked about for years. Lining up at 530am. 2 lottery NBA picks playing. Packed house. 

Mcintosh should have been at Southridge supporting Greensburg. Bosse thrashed them.

3 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Anyone found pictures of the coaches at the game? Or RP? Any idea if current IU players are there again?

BTW, this 4th quarter is brutal. BHS is down by 22 and they're fouling every single time down the floor. Just dragging it out and increasing the NA lead.

Plenty of pictures on twitter. I doubt IU players are there which is probably why they went last week. Spring Break week for IU students. Players are probably gone. 

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Where in Illinois are you? I’m also in Illinois!

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry for all of the posts. Twitter is on rapid fire this morning. Bryant Mcintosh from Northwestern checking in at Seymour as well. I forget these players are fans too. That scene down there will be talked about for years. Lining up at 530am. 2 lottery NBA picks playing. Packed house. 

Robert Phinisee was at the morning game, too..... to support his good friend Romeo.  Told you guys, last week, that Robert and Romeo stay in touch, frequently.

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mcintosh should have been at Southridge supporting Greensburg. Bosse thrashed them.

It was bad, but Greensburg only loses 1 player off of their team.  Lots of young talent on that roster.  McIntosh didn’t have time to make it all the way down to Southridge I was told, but I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to watch Romeo anyway.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Robert Phinisee was at the morning game, too..... to support his good friend Romeo.  Told you guys, last week, that Robert and Romeo stay in touch, frequently.

I didn't realize they were that close.  RP downplayed it in a post game interview.  Thanks for the info!

Also there are other things I know about Romeo.  Like the fact that he does readings in classrooms for younger kids. And is scheduled to do a reading in a great friend of mine's  NA middle school classroom, later this month. 

Thanks to all my friends, willing to share information on Romeo with me.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Also there are other things I know about Romeo.  Like the fact that he does readings in classrooms for younger kids. And is scheduled to do a reading in a great friend of mine's  NA middle school classroom, later this month. 

Thanks to all my friends, willing to share information on Romeo with me.

Seems like a really nice kid.  Hoosiers would be lucky to have him for more reasons than just bball.

2 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Seems like a really nice kid.  Hoosiers would be lucky to have him for more reasons than just bball.

Any report I have ever gotten.... is that he is a great kid.  I know I have posted this before... but Romeo is also a great student.  Honor roll, and takes AP classes.  Just an all around great kid.  Watched his morning game, against Bloomington South, today. Sportsmanship personified.... as he was helping BS players up that had fallen down on the court. There was one horrible call that went against him...and all he did was just take his position.... no protest. 

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Come on, RP.  Do your thing and convince him IU is where he wants to go.

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Any report I have ever gotten.... is that he is a great kid.  I know I have posted this before... but Romeo is also a great student.  Honor roll, and takes AP classes.  Just an all around great kid.  Watched his morning game, against Bloomington South, today. Sportsmanship personified.... as he was helping BS players up that had fallen down on the court. There was one horrible call that went against him...and all he did was just take his position.... no protest. 

Sounds like RL would be a great ambassador for IU! Even more reason I'd like to see him at IU!

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Saw that play too, very classy.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Plenty of pictures on twitter. I doubt IU players are there which is probably why they went last week. Spring Break week for IU students. Players are probably gone. 

Hope not. Our season isn't officially over yet, they should be practicing. 

Archived