Romeo Langford

Maybe this has already been covered, BUT, if you have Roku or firestick, there is a free ihsaatv app that you can download and watch a bunch of live and archived tourney games.  Keion, TJD and Romeo games were live yesterday and are archived.  You can also watch archived complete games of RPhinisee, AHemenway and DAnderson.   Awesome on HD bigscreen, rather than a computer....

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree all day long. Only thing I would add (and I'm certain it's being discussed privately with Romeo) is look at Victor. Because of what he did at IU, came out of nowhere, put the work in like no other, made himself a lottery pick and now has energized a fan base and a city again in less than 7 months. That doesn't happen if Victor isn't from IU.

Sure we loved Reggie and embraced him over time (took years for some) but the IU/Vic connection has made him a legend. Romeo can be the same guy. 

Saw an interview with Damezi and they asked him what stood out about IU for him and he said he loved IU when Dipo was there, and of course mentioned he liked Archie. I think the pacers picking up Vic really helped us.

10 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Saw an interview with Damezi and they asked him what stood out about IU for him and he said he loved IU when Dipo was there, and of course mentioned he liked Archie. I think the pacers picking up Vic really helped us.

I don't know the rules and I certainly don't know the costs but IU does a great commercial with Sage Steele that runs during the season. If I'm Fred Glass or Archie Miller or anyone at IU....I figure out a way to get Victor to do commercial for us and run that bad boy all year long on every market in the state. It sells and it works....just as you said Damezi mentioning it. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know the rules and I certainly don't know the costs but IU does a great commercial with Sage Steele that runs during the season. If I'm Fred Glass or Archie Miller or anyone at IU....I figure out a way to get Victor to do commercial for us and run that bad boy all year long on every market in the state. It sells and it works....just as you said Damezi mentioning it. 

There is also a commercial with Mark Cuban as well representing IU

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Only thing we need now is for Mile to send us some more tid bits...

Incoming Tidbit :

I had to go back and check a P.M.  I received this past week to make sure I was ok to pass along.  Nothing said to keep to myself. Though this person is reluctant to pass along, so as not to get any flack.   So here goes...

A person connected not only to the NA school system. And the mayor's office.... as well as being friends of a NA cheerleader for the past four years...  Is also, like Alex... hearing good things.

Caveat.... no where and no one has told this person that as of the P.M. to me.... that it is a done deal.  Just to make that clear.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Incoming Tidbit :

I had to go back and check a P.M.  I received this past week to make sure I was ok to pass along.  Nothing said to keep to myself. Though this person is reluctant to pass along, so as not to get any flack.   So here goes...

A person connected not only to the NA school system. And the mayor's office.... as well as being friends of a NA cheerleader for the past four years...  Is also, like Alex... hearing good things.

Caveat.... no where and no one has told this person that as of the P.M. to me.... that it is a done deal.  Just to make that clear.

Cool. And with that my Sunday can start. Haha..

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks Mile and as always, much appreciated.  :P

You guys are very welcome.  Two things.... one, I don't ever want to give out sourced info, that the source has specifically asked me not to share.  That is why, I went back to check the P.M., rather than working off of memory.  Not bragging.... but I get a ton of P.M's.  For which I am very grateful for.

Two... and again.  No idea at this point what Romeo's choice is going to be. 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Great idea about Sage. Romeo might be more interested in talking to her, than Vic.  Many may know that New Albany High School has a radio station. WNAS, I believe. What some may not know is that Romeo is interested enough in radio, to be a member of the NA radio club. 

My old high school .... way back when had a radio station as well.  Loved being a part of it for three years.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Great idea about Sage.  Many may know that New Albany High School has a radio station. WNAS, I believe. What some may not know is that Romeo is interested enough in radio, to be a member of the NA radio club. 

My old high school .... way back when had a radio station as well.  Loved being a part of it for three years.

Well we have to be on the short list of the most progressive sports journalism, radio, broadcast, analytics,etc....universities in the country. Thanks to Mark Cuban. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Well we have to be on the short list of the most progressive sports journalism, radio, broadcast, analytics,etc....universities in the country. Thanks to Mark Cuban. 

You're right.  And it is not just what Mr. Cuban has done at Assembly Hall.  The Media School located in Franklin Hall has gone trough a multi-million dollar renovation, with state of the art equipment as well.

Facilities: Radio-Television Building | Indiana University Media School

Now, before anyone gets all twisted out of shape.... no way, no how, am I saying Romeo is coming to IU because of state of the art Media School... However, I will suggest, that should he stay for more that one year.... he might want to take a course or two in a field in which he already has an interest in.

48 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You're right.  And it is not just what Mr. Cuban has done at Assembly Hall.  The Media School located in Franklin Hall has gone trough a multi-million dollar renovation, with state of the art equipment as well.

Facilities: Radio-Television Building | Indiana University Media School

Now, before anyone gets all twisted out of shape.... no way, no how, am I saying Romeo is coming to IU because of state of the art Media School... However, I will suggest, that should he stay for more that one year.... he might want to take a course or two in a field in which he already has an interest in.

IU really has gone next level with their media school. I should clarify, next level from what it was. It’s still not among the best in the country in my opinion, but it’s exponentially better than when I went through IU (‘08 grad). They announced the project the year after I left, go figure. I did well with what we had, but we didn’t have anything special, except for the journalism school. Most of my experience came from working independently for the IDS, WIUX (student radio station that I don’t think exists any longer) and IUSTV (the only entirely student run TV station in the country at the time). IUSTV has moved into Franklin from their little dump in the basement of Reed and it seems to be quite good.

Bringing up academics against Vandy isn’t necessarily a good strategy, but it’s good to know that that’s where his interests lie. We are better in a media capacity than Vandy.

15 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

IU really has gone next level with their media school. I should clarify, next level from what it was. It’s still not among the best in the country in my opinion, but it’s exponentially better than when I went through IU (‘08 grad). They announced the project the year after I left, go figure. I did well with what we had, but we didn’t have anything special, except for the journalism school. Most of my experience came from working independently for the IDS, WIUX (student radio station that I don’t think exists any longer) and IUSTV (the only entirely student run TV station in the country at the time). IUSTV has moved into Franklin from their little dump in the basement of Reed and it seems to be quite good.

Bringing up academics against Vandy isn’t necessarily a good strategy, but it’s good to know that that’s where his interests lie. We are better in a media capacity than Vandy.

WIUX is still alive and kicking. In fact you can catch the live stream here :

99.1 FM – WIUX

Back in the day, I worked at the student radio station as well..... only then, it's call letters were WIUS. 

19 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

Just wanted to comment on the last sentence. I'm in no way saying IU is superior to Vandy academic wise. However we have several majors/schools that are second to none. I heard I think it was Query on 1260 this last week scoff at the idea of IU academics vs Vandy and while maybe the overall prestige of Vandy is superior....it's not like IU is some also ran. Just my little rant for the day. Now back to scheduled programming. Tiger starts in 41 minutes.

Just now, milehiiu said:

WIUX is still alive and kicking. In fact you can catch the live stream here :

99.1 FM – WIUX

Back in the day, I worked at the student radio station as well..... only then, it's call letters were WIUS. 

Good to hear. I thought I heard a few years ago that they didn’t have the funds to keep it going or something. Two buddies and myself did a fun sports talk show for a year. I made an on-air bet/declaration that there’s no way in hell Notre Dame would make the BCS after starting 0-2. If they did then I’d sing their fight song on air. Brady Quinn worked his magic and I had to sing that d@mn song on air lol. I didn’t make it thru a verse before nearly falling out of my chair from laughter.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just wanted to comment on the last sentence. I'm in no way saying IU is superior to Vandy academic wise. However we have several majors/schools that are second to none. I heard I think it was Query on 1260 this last week scoff at the idea of IU academics vs Vandy and while maybe the overall prestige of Vandy is superior....it's not like IU is some also ran. Just my little rant for the day. Now back to scheduled programming. Tiger starts in 41 minutes.

Oh I completely agree! Some of our programs are amazing!

9 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

Is there anything more being said about Sean East? Didn’t someone mention that he was going to be getting an offer from IU soon for at least preferred walk-on status, maybe scholarship?

I had stated that the possibility was a RUMOR and just wanted to pass along, in case anyone else was hearing similar buzz. East looked impressive again last night.... had a couple next level moves against CG. 

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

I had stated that the possibility was a RUMOR and just wanted to pass along, in case anyone else was hearing similar buzz. East looked impressive again last night.... had a couple next level moves against CG. 

Shot the 3 well and had some great passes.  Needs to add some weight though, wonder if that's keeping him from getting bigger offers?

I have a question for all the wonderful folks with knowledge. One is a factual question, and one more opinion based?

First, How do CAM and Ostrom get seats two rows behind the NA bench for the game? I am sure a request has to be put in, but who OK's this? Does Romeo have to say OK considering they were sitting right behind the NA bench? Does it count as a visit? I know this is more than one question but I am wondering how something like this works. When the crowds were as big as they were this weekend, those must have been great seats to see Romeo, TJD and East.

Second, this one is the opinion question, but I would think Bryce Drew does not have a lot going on right now except recruiting, so without trying to read too much into it, is there anything to be said about why he was not there? Probably means nothing, but I was just curious. As always, Thanks to the great knowledgeable members!

Archived