Romeo Langford

On 3/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, milehiiu said:

You guys are lucky.  I nearly started a whole new thread, with a thread title of :    ROMEO ANNOUNCES !

But I thought that would be cruel and unusual punishment.   LOL

I almost crashed on I-75 near Lexington Saturday night when I saw your post. I hope you are happy. lol

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Ha! I forgot about that. Which recruit did he send that to? I forget

Trey Lyles...

certainly stubbed his toe on that one but in retrospect it seems like he might have been talking to a recruit who was torn regarding what his dad wanted and what he wanted...

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Unless NA loses in the Semi-State, probably not gonna happen.  State Championship game is March 24.  McDonald's is March 28.  And I believe Romeo has to be in Atlanta by the  26th. 

NA could absolutely lose this weekend and Romeo is on spring break March 26-30

39 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I am so embarrassed just reading it. Who ever coach Crean is texting, it is just straight CREEPY! If I am Trey or whoever, I'm like, " This is what I would want my girlfriend to send me, not a coach!"

Was it Trey? I always thought it was Gary Harris?

Image result for tom crean i've been thinking about you

41 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

New Albany school system is on a balanced school calendar. They have a 2 week spring break. The 19th is a snow make up day so their spring break starts on March 20th and they return to school on April 2nd.

Forgot about their balanced schedule 

2 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

Trey Lyles...

certainly stubbed his toe in that one but in retrospect it seems like he might have been talking to a recruit who was torn regarding what his dad wanted and what he wanted...

Was this ever confirmed?  I always thought it was about a recruit in Colorado. Since it was sent just after a shooting out there, it makes much more sense. 

Was Crean's tweet/DM weird? Sure. But it's really only weird when you have absolutely no context, which none of us do. Maybe it was to a recruit he had a heart-to-heart convo with the weekend before? Who knows. Maybe the kids grandmother passed away and the kid opened up to Crean about it. We have no idea. Again, a sort of weird message to put on social media and it makes him an easy target, but we have no context whatsoever. 

34 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Was this ever confirmed?  I always thought it was about a recruit in Colorado. Since it was sent just after a shooting out there, it makes much more sense. 

I don’t have any inside information...you could be correct. I just know the timing was similar to when Lyles decommitted...

the Colorado idea would make sense of his posture and tone in the tweet I think...also makes fans of other schools who make fun of the moment looks like real jack asses...

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Was Crean's tweet/DM weird? Sure. But it's really only weird when you have absolutely no context, which none of us do. Maybe it was to a recruit he had a heart-to-heart convo with the weekend before? Who knows. Maybe the kids grandmother passed away and the kid opened up to Crean about it. We have no idea. Again, a sort of weird message to put on social media and it makes him an easy target, but we have no context whatsoever. 

This.

But since most fans like to "dine on drama" let's just let them continue with their thoughts.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I can't agree with this more. BGleas, I always look forward to your take on things.

7 hours ago, cybergates said:

I disagree, the "a whole lot" portion was just plain creepy no matter the context.  Crean is a really nice guy, but he was always doing strange things that made us looks silly (ie screaming at a Michigan assistant after winning the conference title). Not sure where this "dine on drama" stuff is coming from about our fanbase. The majority of our fanbase is very intelligent and has the right to want a coach who has the common sense not to do these types of things.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

No. The majority is not very intelligent... Go to a game thread when we suck. 

That's a little over the top as I don't think IU has stupid fans, especially in this forum, but the wild swings of emotion in game threads is comical to read especially after the fact.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's a little over the top as I don't think IU has stupid fans, especially in this forum, but the wild swings of emotion in game threads is comical to read especially after the fact.

The worst is facebook, but you can tell it's the fair weather fans who may or may not have all of their teeth :)

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I didn't say we had stupid fans. I said our fans are not very intelligent. As in somewhat intelligent.

I was always of the opinion that it depended upon interpretation... and spin.  To me.... Crean detractors.... mostly on non IU fan boards, made the most of the tweet.  For me, I took it in a completely non controversial way.  He was just getting back with a recruit, he had just met.  Not so ironically, it was shortly after that, that Crean stopped tweeting all together.   That was the problem with 120 characters back then, and even today.  Anyone with an agenda can put their own spin on a tweet. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I was always of the opinion that it depended upon interpretation... and spin.  To me.... Crean detractors.... mostly on non IU fan boards, made the most of the tweet.  For me, I took it in a completely non controversial way.  He was just getting back with a recruit, he had just met.  Not so ironically, it was shortly after that, that Crean stopped tweeting all together.   That was the problem with 120 characters back then, and even today.  Anyone with an agenda can put their own spin on a tweet. 

Hypothetical question.  If you were being courted by multiple companies to come work for them, and a boss at one of them sent you that tweet, what would you guys think? Not trying to start an argument, just curious.

Archived