Romeo Langford

2 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Hypothetical question.  If you were being courted by multiple companies to come work for them, and a boss at one of them sent you that tweet, what would you guys think? Not trying to start an argument, just curious.

Assuming we'd already formed a semi close relationship, it wouldn't have bothered me at all.  I would have seen it as a caring gesture.

Now, from someone I just met/barely know...?  That's a whole different level of creepy.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didn't say we had stupid fans. I said our fans are not very intelligent. As in somewhat intelligent.

Oh I'm sure IU has plenty of stupid fans. I was thinking more on the whole and especially this forum where the majority of fans are definitely smarter than the average bear.

For the record though, I would never translate "not very intelligent" as "somewhat intelligent".  LOL...interesting choice of words.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Assuming we'd already formed a semi close relationship, it wouldn't have bothered me at all.  I would have seen it as a caring gesture.

Now, from someone I just met/barely know...?  That's a whole different level of creepy.

Which again goes back to context, and the fact that we have none of it in regards to Crean's tweet. 

16 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Hypothetical question.  If you were being courted by multiple companies to come work for them, and a boss at one of them sent you that tweet, what would you guys think? Not trying to start an argument, just curious.

One would have to understand the context, IMHO.  What type of interactions occurred prior to that tweet, in my mind would play into how the tweet would be received by the person who was the subject of the tweet.  In other words.... as I am attempting to get across, we really need to know the relationship between the tweeter and tweetee, to really understand the true meeting of the tweet.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

One would have to understand the context, IMHO.  What type of interactions occurred prior to that tweet, in my mind would play into how the tweet would be received by the person who was the subject of the tweet.  In other words.... as I am attempting to get across, we really need to know the relationship between the tweeter and tweetee, to really understand the true meeting of the tweet.

I'm wondering how nobody knows who the tweet was directed to?  Is it a recruit or not? lol  For me personally, if I was a recruit I would think this guy wants to be with me lol or has the worst social skills in the world.

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I've said all along... a March visit, all depends upon how far NA goes in the tournament.  Haven't heard anything different.

Will be a very interesting couple of weeks here. I kind of hope that Romeo has to delay his decision until April and chooses to announce at his high school. That way, we can at least destroy the narrative that the fan backlash is why he decided to commit this late.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/03/12/romeo-langford-pins-down-when-hell-reveal-college-decision/418077002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

New Albany High School's Romeo Langford will make his college choice between April 13 and April 30, his father, Tim, told IndyStar on Monday.

The timing for Romeo, the nation's top-ranked uncommitted recruit, is defined by his more immediate plans: 

Win a state championship. Play in the McDonald’s All-American game March 28. Play the Jordan Brand Classic April 8 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Play the Nike Hoop Summit April 13 at the Moda Center in Portland.

And then… announce his college choice: Indiana, Vanderbilt or Kansas.

“We want to get all this out of the way,” Tim Langford said Monday. “It will be before the end of April, but we want to focus where we need to be focused and move forward from there.”

Tim Langford said he and his son talked Sunday night about how they want to make the announcement. 

They are considering several options, including making the announcement at the school or perhaps out in the community, with New Albany Mayor Jeff Gahan helping to reveal Romeo’s decision. 

“I just told him any kind of way you want to do it,” Tim Langford said. “We want you to be comfortable.”

37 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Oh I'm sure IU has plenty of stupid fans. I was thinking more on the whole and especially this forum where the majority of fans are definitely smarter than the average bear.

For the record though, I would never translate "not very intelligent" as "somewhat intelligent".  LOL...interesting choice of words.

It was a poor choice of words lol for sure 

5 minutes ago, china423 said:

Thanks for the link, China. Now we have a definite window for the announcement.  Makes sense, what with the all-star games, and Romeo's dedication to team.  One step at a time.

26 minutes ago, china423 said:

Welp, I guess that settles the whole backlash narrative then. He'd have plenty of opportunities to announce on a national stage after the high school season, far away from IU fans, if he wanted to. Instead, he's planning on doing it in front of a large pro-IU crowd.

Very positive vibes!

This will stir the pot... and perhaps get the attention of Vandy people.   The Langford's are considering   Galan  helping to make the announcement !  Just to let you guys know, that the mayor of the great city of New Albany attended ...... what for it...... INDIANA UNIVERSITY !

Also.... just last week.... I was informed that Mrs. Galan is a HUGH  IU fan !

4 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

This just in.. Vandy Bryce Drew will be at Romeos game on Saturday 

Along with Archie. 

Indiana, Vanderbilt to attend Romeo Langford's state semifinal game, Langford plans to announce in April

Remember..... HSN 3.0 you are getting all this information for FREE.   No paywalls here. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

This will stir the pot... and perhaps get the attention of Vandy people.   The Langford's are considering   Galan  helping to make the announcement !  Just to let you guys know, that the mayor of the great city of New Albany attended ...... what for it...... INDIANA UNIVERSITY !

Also.... just last week.... I was informed that Mrs. Galan is a HUGH  IU fan !

I would be shocked if they chose to announce in that manner and it was anybody but the home school.  If Louisville was still in this, I think there would be some worry there.  However, after the crowds being extremely pro IU throughout the state tournament, I do not see that kind of a setup to tick off the home fans.

Shorter:  I am really starting to like our chances here.

Archived