Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I would be shocked if they chose to announce in that manner and it was anybody but the home school.  If Louisville was still in this, I think there would be some worry there.  However, after the crowds being extremely pro IU throughout the state tournament, I do not see that kind of a setup to tick off the home fans.

Shorter:  I am really starting to like our chances here.

Kind of puts to rest, the notion that Romeo was waiting for the season to end, not to alienate Hoosier fans..... doesn't it ?

HEY, by the way..... Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If the mayor of New Albany is participating in the announcement, there’s no way he would announce anywhere else... Right?

Stranger things have happened. I'm still not going to allow myself to get excited. Hell a Florida football recruit's mom walked out of her son's announcement when he chose the Gators over the Crimson Tide.

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If the mayor of New Albany is participating in the announcement, there’s no way he would announce anywhere else... Right?

Another thing to consider.  Tim said that the decision to announce in April came after a family meeting this past Sunday.  And.... then... the family considers having the mayor, who attended IU participate in the announcement. Doubt the invitation to the mayor to participate would not portend well for IU.

Again... the Jeffries caveat.  We're dealing with a teenager here..... always subject to a changed of mind.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Another thing to consider.  Tim said that the decision to announce in April came after a family meeting this past Sunday.  And.... then... the family considers having the mayor, who attended IU participate in the announcement. Doubt the invitation to the mayor to participate would not portend well for IU.

Again... the Jeffries caveat.  We're dealing with a teenager here..... always subject to a changed of mind.

Along with that caveat, Romeo is the biggest thing to hit NA since......maybe the mayor's choice of school is not important and the family just wants this to be a community celebration. 

23 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

He absolutely could announce elsewhere.  Do I think that's likely?

No.

Rest assured though, there will be at least 2-3 more cycles where rumors cause despair among the IU faithful. It's just the way things are. 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Brings up another question though...is there any time in that schedule for the Indiana All-star game?

Those games are not until June.  Also on the other board there is a stupid troll who says he knows someone from Evansville that Romeo is going to Vandy but he has been shot down many times.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Those games are not until June.  Also on the other board there is a stupid troll who says he knows someone from Evansville that Romeo is going to Vandy but he has been shot down many times.

Begs the question...THREE national games and the state game too?

...and no one knows he's going anywhere, including IU, but I like IU's chances.

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He absolutely could announce elsewhere.  Do I think that's likely?

No.

Rest assured though, there will be at least 2-3 more cycles where rumors cause despair among the IU faithful. It's just the way things are. 

Dude, we have over a month to go, 2-3 more cycles causing IU despair is way too low of a number, more like a dozen more cycles.

Just now, HoosierSadaseci said:

Dude, we have over a month to go, 2-3 more cycles causing IU despair is way too low of a number, more like a dozen more cycles.

I tried to low-key this, but it's apparent my estimate was much too conservative.

You can bet at least a few of the rumors will involve chartered planes from Lawrence Kansas and/or Nashville.

18 minutes ago, china423 said:

Does anyone know how to get tickets for Romeo's semi-state game this weekend? I live in NWI and was looking to get a couple tickets but they will probaly sell out quick before I could make it down there this weekend. Can anyone help me out?

Honestly... I'd be shocked if you were able to get them somewhere. Each school is selling them to their people. Seymou doesn't even get an allotment this weekend. 

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

This just in.. Vandy Bryce Drew will be at Romeos game on Saturday 

I had a dream the other night that shortly after Archie sits down for Saturday's game Bob Knight shows up out of nowhere kind of like he did in 2000 against Iowa to Steve Alford and shakes Archie's hand and then proceeds to watch the game with Archie.  The crowd immediately blows the roof off the gym and NA/WC are forced to play in 40 degree weather.  I've never had a dream come true though.  But boy would that be epic.

A few notes on this epic thread:

1035 views per day ( 10 of them mine? )

43 views per hour

1 every 83 seconds.

As an announcement looms with IUs season over, Romeo pursuing a state title, and this forum growing, these numbers will only grow larger.  In just the last 24 hours, all of the above are each magnified 6 fold.

I would have to think this is good news for IU. But I know one thing for sure, I will be happy when this whole thing is all over. I've never been so nervous/anxious/excited over a recruit before. Living 5 minutes from New Albany, I would be darn near devastated if he announces his decision here in his hometown after all this time and doesn't pick us. 

Archived