Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@milehiiu By any chance would you know if the delay in the decision is due in part to allow the Langford's more open dates for the unofficial visit? Or would it still happen sometime in March?

I ask just because IU only has one visit left so seeing if maybe Archie and Co. would make some changes so that there isn't such a long gap in between interactions with Romeo. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

@milehiiu By any chance would you know if the delay in the decision is due in part to allow the Langford's more open dates for the unofficial visit? Or would it still happen sometime in March?

I ask just because IU only has one visit left so seeing if maybe Archie and Co. would make some changes so that there isn't such a long gap in between interactions with Romeo. 

Dave. Pretty sure the delay to April was due to a heavy schedule. State tournament... followed up by a series of All-star game.  Since setting a window to announce in April, I highly doubt that an announcement will come before then.  It does seem to me than an unofficial to IU is still on the books for Romeo. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

He wants to make sure he fully thinks out the decision.  Right now his only concern is a state championship. Yes the delay is to take visits and talk it over with the family one last time with nothing else weighing on his mind.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He wants to make sure he fully thinks out the decision.  Right now his only concern is a state championship. Yes the delay is to take visits and talk it over with the family one last time with nothing else weighing on his mind.

Ok, thanks. Just wondering for interaction purposes. If rumors are true and Archie goes to the game this weekend and then Romeo does the visit in late March, then it could be weeks without Archie and Romeo having a face to face convo heading into his commitment. 

Guess we will find out soon enough. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't believe we have to wait another month. I'll say this. Langford's can do whatever they want and handle this process however they feel comfortable. While saying that. The losing coaches/teams are going to be left scrambling at the worst time. Can you imagine a scenario for us that on April 10th Morgan decides to stay in draft and Romeo decides to go elsewhere? 

Planning for those contingencies? Imagine this call. Hey kid this is Archie Miller. Really like your game. I very much want you to come to IU if Juwan leaves and if Romeo says no. 

This was my first thought. They are putting 2 coaches in a bad situation.

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Had to reply to this "Insider". #IUBB fans know that Newman is not a one and done already since he's a sophomore.

Yeah...I don't think Inside the game has much credibility, frankly. Read through some of their other stuff...just looks like a pot-stirrer that doesn't have any inside knowledge to me.

54 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This was my first thought. They are putting 2 coaches in a bad situation.

Coaches put players in bad situations all the time.  They recruit over them.  They  jump to a better job offer.  The coaches get paid millions while only a selected few schools are allowed by the NCAA to pay the players that much, etc.  I don't feel sorry for the coach when a young man is making this important of a decision.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Coaches put players in bad situations all the time.  They recruit over them.  They  jump to a better job offer.  The coaches get paid millions while only a selected few schools are allowed by the NCAA to pay the players that much, etc.  I don't feel sorry for the coach when a young man is making this important of a decision.

I don't think Archie is all that tore up anyway. He's not dead-bent on using all 13 scholarships like some coaches because he plays a tighter rotation.  If you can get a player of Romeo's caliber, you absolutely do it.  If you can't, it's not like the cupboard is bare and Archie HAS to find another player.  Frankly, I like this style of recruiting much better than what I've recently experienced.

33 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

It would be nice if Phinisee would be in one of these games that Romeo was playing in.

Yah I am a little worried about Romeo getting to play with (and be around for days at a time) Garland multiple times right before Romeo's decision.

Does anyone check Vandy boards... what are Vandy fans thinking about the delay in announcement?

6 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Yah I am a little worried about Romeo getting to play with (and be around for days at a time) Garland multiple times right before Romeo's decision.

Does anyone check Vandy boards... what are Vandy fans thinking about the delay in announcement?

Below is a what a poster said a few hours ago on Kansas HOOPS TALK, PHOG. 

We're in a good place with Langford and yes, that date is to see what our current players do. Staff thinks Vick and Newman are gone.

When he does commit, Romeo should do his announcement in Shakespearean English. 

Hopefully, it would sound something like this:

I am committing to playeth basketball at Indiana University. Archie Miller is just the kind of coach I am looking for, and the Hoosier fans art the most wondrous in the ordinary. And, nay, I nev'r gravely did do consider Vanderbilt. I actually wanteth to beest part of a winning tradition. Darius Garland is a dweeb. And, while Kansas hath a winning tradition, I don't wanteth to beest part of a program yond looks the other way at which hour their players drive plaited automobiles. 

Here is the translator if you wish to draft your own version of the announcement.

http://funtranslations.com/shakespeare

Most 5 stars commit during the spring signing period their senior seasons. I still don’t understand why people believe that if he were Indiana bound, he would’ve signed already. That’s ludicrous. Cody, EG and I can’t remember how many others waited until their senior season was over before they committed. 

10 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Most 5 stars commit during the spring signing period their senior seasons. I still don’t understand why people believe that if he were Indiana bound, he would’ve signed already. That’s ludicrous. Cody, EG and I can’t remember how many others waited until their senior season was over before they committed. 

I can't speak to most. But Cody said yes to IU in November. Gordon in October. Both prior to senior years.

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

When he does commit, Romeo should do his announcement in Shakespearean English. 

Hopefully, it would sound something like this:

I am committing to playeth basketball at Indiana University. Archie Miller is just the kind of coach I am looking for, and the Hoosier fans art the most wondrous in the ordinary. And, nay, I nev'r gravely did do consider Vanderbilt. I actually wanteth to beest part of a winning tradition. Darius Garland is a dweeb. And, while Kansas hath a winning tradition, I don't wanteth to beest part of a program yond looks the other way at which hour their players drive plaited automobiles. 

Here is the translator if you wish to draft your own version of the announcement.

http://funtranslations.com/shakespeare

Is "dweeb" Shakespearean English?

Fascinating how many different takes there are on this recruitment. Maybe it’s people seeing what they want to see, maybe it’s some legitimate insiders being contradicted by trolls on other sites, maybe the Kansas staff is just used to getting “their man”, but all three canvases still seem at least hopeful if not confident.

gonna be an interesting ride...

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Re: Romeo to announce decision mid-April

Fingers crossed, but i confident that if it were Indiana he would have said so already. I think Vandy has it over Kansas.

^^^^^^^

I was just looking at a Vandy site, listed as 14Powers.com and this was what some posters are thinking today.

Yep. Vandy fan is correct. It's all over.   That's why Romeo is planning on one more trip to ........ Bloomington. 

Just listened to JMV 1070 the fan AM radio out of Indy, as I always do, driving home from work. Greg Rakestraw from Indy radio ESPN 1070 THE FAN was on and  told JMV that he is still hearing from  "his people" that there is still a Vandy lean. He also said he was told that Romeo was pushing back the announcement to avoid IU fan backlash.

I don't know how creditable Rakestraw is, but it was interesting hearing his view on the Romeo recruitment. 

Archived