Romeo Langford

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

This.

I don't think it is being done for fear of backlash either (because of what I mentioned, it would be an incredibly stupid way to try and mitigate that).

No inside knowledge but my guess is this:  Romeo has expressed he would like to go somewhere and his parents think he should be going somewhere else.  Based on how this is winding up, I think that Indiana is at least one of the somewhere else the parents are pushing.

I think that Romeo's choice is either A)Kansas and the parents are pushing him to look at the closer options in Vanderbilt and IU (If Romeo has expressed he wants to go to Kansas, there is no need to go back and visit.) Or B)Kansas has kind of been ruled out, so no further visits needed.  Vanderbilt is Romeo's choice but parents prefer Indiana so want him to go and kick the tires again before he makes his decision.

So basically I think that whatever direction Romeo is leaning right now is not what his parents think is in his best interests so they are making him wait until they can best make their case to change his mind(like maybe Garland is cool but playing with him for one year is not necessarily what is good for you).  I think that since Indiana is getting that last visit that we are probably the top choice of Mom and Dad but we are probably not Romeo's top choice....yet.

Totally agree with this post

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Calhoun’s health is a joke from the old Scout board. It never dies. I pulled it out a few days ago myself. Like a fine wine to me. 

Who was the guy that made that up?  BigTen something i think.   He always pretended to be a big time insider.  

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

What I heard about the Garland family is that they essentially punked Rabjohns by encouraging him to drive to Nashville for the announcement, leading him to believe that IU was the choice, only to tell the news media after the decision that IU was a distant 3rd.  If all of that is true (and I'm leaving out a few details that don't change the essence of the story), that's the essence of immaturity and a real lack of class on their part.  To feel the need to go beyond rejecting a school to actually insulting a school and their fanbase and inconveniencing a school beat writer is just a lowbrow move. After a display like that, I'm not at all upset to not have that young man represent IU.  It's one thing to pretend to grab one hat and then grab another.  It's an entirely different matter to do what the Garland family did.  Even then, I would expect any backlash to be devoid of actual threats and hostile vulgarities because after all, it's still just a game.

Garland probably wouldn't even be still discussed if he wasn't on the other end of an active recruiting battle.

If this is true that’s very messed up. No matter how much I dislike peegs and rabjohns. Glad he’s going to vandy. RP >

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't say he is a Butler fan and he did IUPUI basketball for years so he has no real affilitation with Butler at all.

Rakestraw does have ties to the Butler program and while he seems to generally be a fan of the smaller schools, Butler is the one in particular that he brings up in every discussion. 

Makes sense for these two guys to transfer away from Vandy, they were over signed anyways and the likely hood of a transfer is higher and higher these days.  Now do I think its done solely because of Romeo has already told coach Drew that he wants to play at Vandy no.  I believe he is preparing just in case Romeo should choose Vandy.  Should he not choose Vandy, he can fill those spots with other players that may have not committed yet or grad transfers.  Just my opinion

19 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Oh good, we're talking about fan backlash again... 

Isn't it fun? All these people telling each of us how to act or feel or react? I almost feel like I'm in junior high again and my science teacher is trying to explain how much smarter he is.

Archived