Romeo Langford

Deshaun Thomas - Freshman in High School
Gary Harris - November
Zak Irvin - July 31st
Trey Lyles - November 5th
Kyle Guy - October 20th
Kris Wilkes - November 13th

These guys announced before their SR year and received no backlash for their announcement. 

Again.. the backlash idea is a complete farce. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

A lot of UofL fans are thinking if they get a Chris Mack or Shaka Smart that they can jump back in the Romeo recruitment.I don't think it would happen but that's what their fan base are hoping for

I have no clue what additional penalties are coming for Louisville because I don't set of infractions the NCAA is still working on but I can't see Louisville being in upper tier of ACC for at least 3-4 years.

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Deshaun Thomas - Freshman in High School
Gary Harris - November
Zak Irvin - July 31st
Trey Lyles - November 5th
Kyle Guy - October 20th
Kris Wilkes - November 13th

These guys announced before their SR year and received no backlash for their announcement. 

Again.. the backlash idea is a complete farce. 

Totally agree. I think the stakes are so high because it's a high level recruit, for a new coach with 1 year under his belt, trying to get a program back where it belongs...sound familiar? If we get Romeo...it will be similar to getting Cody, in regards to the "domino" effect (TJD and/or Brooks, etc.)

I just had to post this from the Vandy board, 14powers.com...... It's in relation to the Romeo "tug-o'-war"

The Indiana boards are really out of control. They are accusing Drew of buying players and being cold-hearted in being willing to kick someone off the end of the bench to get Romeo. In my opinion, if recruits read the IU forums, it would drive them away from IU. All I can think is that it is a bunch of very young posters, probably students, on those boards. Even at our worst, we never reach that level......

It's very comical....!!! I am just shaking my head.

26 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just had to post this from the Vandy board, 14powers.com...... It's in relation to the Romeo "tug-o'-war"

The Indiana boards are really out of control. They are accusing Drew of buying players and being cold-hearted in being willing to kick someone off the end of the bench to get Romeo. In my opinion, if recruits read the IU forums, it would drive them away from IU. All I can think is that it is a bunch of very young posters, probably students, on those boards. Even at our worst, we never reach that level......

You should ask the poster which of the half dozen IU boards he's referencing? 

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Vandy boards have no posts about basketball.  Not much better lol.

5 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

If recruits read message boards, then Vandy is out of contention - who wants to play for a school with practically no fan interest?

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I keep checking too, as if the world revolves around the decision of a high school kid. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I just keep looking for little nuggets of information... this thread is like comfort food for my soul.

Can you imagine the backlash from iu fans if he doesn't come here? ;)

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We just got home late Tuesday night from a five day hospital stay with my five year old (pneumonia). There is nothing to do sitting  around a hospital room.  Do you have any idea how many times a day I checked this thread during that time?  

YesI do. That is exactly how I found HSN1 several years ago

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We just got home late Tuesday night from a five day hospital stay with my five year old (pneumonia). There is nothing to do sitting  around a hospital room.  Do you have any idea how many times a day I checked this thread during that time?  

milehi prayers going out to your five year old. And for you.  That had to be troubling. 

And I am glad that HSN 3.0 could offer some type of diversion during your vigil in the hospital.

Never ceases to amaze me how this tiny IU site impacts so many people's lives.

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

milehi prayers going out to your five year old. And for you.  That had to be troubling. 

And I am glad that HSN 3.0 could offer some type of diversion during your vigil in the hospital.

Never ceases to amaze me how this tiny IU site impacts so many people's lives.

Thanks. He is doing great. He just needed some pretty strong antibiotics in IV form. I took him to his first two IU games this year and he has fallen in love with IU basketball. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thanks. He is doing great. He just needed some pretty strong antibiotics in IV form. I took him to his first two IU games this year and he has fallen in love with IU basketball. 

Great news to hear .... all around.  Just do me one favor.... give him a milehi hug, next chance you get.  Precious moments.... they go fast. 

Archived